PDA

View Full Version : Mag254 has been locked to provider

Happyhotspur
12-29-2017, 09:25 AM
Although I purchased my Mag254 box and a subscription it seems the supplier has locked my box to them. Despite my request to unblock they have ignored and refused to help.

My subscription runs out on 2 January 2018 and it looks like I will have to purchase a new box along with my new subscription to a different supplier, who assures me their box will not be locked to them.

However I would like to attempt to unblock the box but I have tried everything that I can find on youtube and downloaded the software to flash the box all to no avail. My prospective new supplier has downloaded to me the instruction to carry out a factory reset but even that will not work to allow me into the servers area to change the present settings to the new suppler,

When I go into the servers there are still only two boxes one is General and the other is More there is no server box.
Can anybody help as I really didn't want to have to purchase another Mag254 box and just let my old one rot in a cupboard

Thanks

Happyhotspur
12-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Contacted Infomir and they sent me this reply
''Hi,
It`s look like your box has a custom or operator image. Image which is signed with “operator`s key”. This key is created by operator without manufacturer.So we cannot unblock the box which blocked by IPTV provider. Only one way solution of your problem: to contact with your previous provider and ask him remove operator`s key.''

Lesson learnt the hard way always make sure you box is not locked by the provider specifically when you purchase the box and the sub seperatley. I think this company have been very unethical as its my box not a free one included in the sub price.

greg
12-29-2017, 03:56 PM
why dont you just get a donation from NFPS ROCKET IPTV66 problem solve

Digitaldan
12-29-2017, 10:28 PM
Never get any box that comes with a sub. Always get a bare bones box. Sorry for your miss fortune. Hit e-bay, (Where I got mine) and make sure the seller says it is a box only deal with no sub. Good Luck! And have a safe and Happy New Year!

NBS
12-29-2017, 10:49 PM
why dont you just get a donation from NFPS ROCKET IPTV66 problem solve

because his box is blocked from all providers

Bkman2020
12-29-2017, 11:22 PM
they need to release your mac whom ever you bought service from.

NBS
12-29-2017, 11:29 PM
they need to release your mac whom ever you bought service from.

sound like its more than just getting a mac released ,otherwise he could go to other providers

Ryu
12-30-2017, 01:55 AM
just return your box or dispute if possible.

Farmer1
12-30-2017, 02:13 AM
It is always best to deal with Authorized dealers a lot les trouble in the long run
Boxes with suds always leave of the seller

dishuser
12-30-2017, 02:14 AM
if you bought in person...even better:)

shaf4706
12-30-2017, 02:52 AM
Can u get into the box to change portals?

shaf4706
12-30-2017, 03:04 AM
If u factory reset via bios mode still you can’t change anything?

Happyhotspur
12-30-2017, 07:46 AM
No that is the problem all I can get into it the servers portal and there is only two options General and More neither give me a choice of portal 1 or portal 2.
The box was bought of what I thought was a genuine supplier but I live in Spain and regulations seem to go out of the window here.
I approached the company who told me the orignal engineer who set the box up had left and nobody else had the passward for the box which seems a load of rubbish to me.
But hey yes it gonna have to be a new box unlocked and then a subscription
Thanks everybody for you advice

Happyhotspur
12-30-2017, 07:47 AM
Have reset back to factory six times and used a USB to flash the box and still its locked. These Russians (yes found out its a Russian company) know what they were doing when they locked the box

Happyhotspur
12-30-2017, 07:48 AM
Because the box is locked

shaf4706
12-30-2017, 05:24 PM
I would try this
- Disconnect internet to the box (no hard wire or wi-fi)
- Do factory reset via bios if possible
- Do not update box to current file
- Now try to go into servers and portal section ?

Note: When I reset to factory my box everything including server info was deleted

Ryu
12-31-2017, 12:59 AM
may be if you can find factory image for the box and flash with that as shaf4706 mentioned. then dont update your box and just try. there must be a way. KOF

Happyhotspur
12-31-2017, 08:51 AM
Shaf4706 how would I do the factory reset via the bios?
Is there some step by step instructions for that one?
sorry to ask but I really am dealing with something out of my league now
Thanks for your help really appreciated

Happyhotspur
12-31-2017, 09:01 AM
Shaf4706
sorry to ask but I really am dealing with something out of my league now
I have tried to do what you suggested with no wifi connected and carried out the update but once again when I go into the servers there is still only the two options General & More so there is still no way I can change the servers and no option for portal 1 and portal 2 that screen just doesnt appear
Thanks for your help really appreciated

greg
12-31-2017, 04:19 PM
How do I flash A MAG 250 or 254 to factory settings if its locked down by an existing or previous supplier?

Create a folder on a USB stick
for Mag250 name the folder: mag250
for Mag254 name the folder: mag254
(please use lowercase only)
Download & copy the relevant fileslinked below in the description to the relevant folder on your USB stick.
Place the USB in back port of MAG box.
Connect power while holding menu.
Go to the menu Software update.
Go to the menu “USB bootstrap”.
Let the box update and re-enter the NTP server & portal URL.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l2_7_GxE4eUXBocU1mT1lFMkU/view?usp=sharing

shaf4706
12-31-2017, 04:56 PM
Mag 254 Bios Factory Reset how to get there

Mag 254 Bios
1 unplug Mag254
2 push and hold the button with 3 dots and 3 lines and plug power back in you should have a blue screen with settings (make sure plug and hold on remote at the same time).
3 Do factory reset
4 Change TV settings to auto later on if everything works you can change that in the inner portal
5 Check and change your setting save and reboot
6 If the box doesn't boot up
7 Once again do factory reset and make sure it's set to nand or nand 2
8 Save settings & reboot

Things you may need to change
1 Video settings should be set to your TV settings
2 You should be booting from nand or nand 2 which ever that works for you.
3 Factory Reset. ( Screen shows def. setting )

Good luck

Happyhotspur
01-02-2018, 07:44 AM
Yup tried it and still cannot get into the servers screen option bar the two option i have had General and More. The company who supplied me this box have definatly locked it in some way that it cannot be unlocked which is very annoying as I paid extra for the box it wasn't free with my subscription.
But thanks for the step by step guide
Oh well a new box for the new year

Happyhotspur
01-02-2018, 07:49 AM
Thanks but done all this already several times and the box does revert to factory settings for everything bar releasing it from the present settings for servers All I get is two boxes General and More there is no other box so i cannot change the server to a new supplier.
Somehow this box has been locked to the supplier only by what I think must be a password or something.
Basically the box is now useless to me as the subscription runs out today
So bloody annoyed with the supplier as i bought the box seperatly and never suspected they had locked it to themselves
But thanks for you help greg

NBS
01-02-2018, 04:19 PM
Thanks but done all this already several times and the box does revert to factory settings for everything bar releasing it from the present settings for servers All I get is two boxes General and More there is no other box so i cannot change the server to a new supplier.
Somehow this box has been locked to the supplier only by what I think must be a password or something.
Basically the box is now useless to me as the subscription runs out today
So bloody annoyed with the supplier as i bought the box seperatly and never suspected they had locked it to themselves
But thanks for you help greg
time to uograde