View Full Version : Mxiii g ii rip

jony604
12-12-2017, 12:15 AM
I wonder if anybody know how to kick start this box back to life
it turns on to first screen 4K ULTRA HD and that's it just seats there
any help is appreciated and thank you in advance

Kimbo
12-12-2017, 12:28 AM
Doesn;t that device have the "toothpick" reset button in the back? like the other MX devices

jony604
12-12-2017, 01:09 AM
No toothpick hole Laser thanks for answering

duhhud
12-12-2017, 06:11 PM
on the mx devices the reset button is in the AV hole

jony604
12-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Ahhha yes it has one of those is there a procedure ? or just press it any time
thanks duhhud

Kimbo
12-12-2017, 08:13 PM
If i remember correctly when pluging in the power in the back place the toothpick in the back and hold and wait until screen comes on and then let go.

jony604
12-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Yes i found the instructions after a couple try's the logo did go away to a black screen and nothing
i did it three times with the same results ???? any new ideas

duhhud
12-12-2017, 09:05 PM
there is a procedure..i am not 100 % sure with what you need to do.i know if you unplug your box and use a q tip or tooth pick and while hold down the reset button and then plug the box back in. will bring up the android menu.i have not played with a m box for a every long time.
it will say something like
apply update from internal
apply update from external
apply from cache
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition.
now if it was me and the box was stuck on the boot up before i started to try and reinstall the firm ware (DO AT YOUR OWN RISK BECAUSE YOU COULD BRICK YOUR BOX) i would google my issue then i would go to the website of the box and see if they could help and if i could not find a anwser on the web i would try unplugging and plugging it in a few times if NOTHING happens then i would bring up that menu and scroll down to the wipe data/factory and do that,then reboot the box.AS a last resort if i felt the only thing left to do is reinstall the firmware then i would google it and read how to do it at least 10 times and make sure i have the RIGHT firmware for THAT box before i would try it like i said there is a chance u could brick it.good luck..

maybe some one else could offer some advice as well here

jony604
12-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Well wait left it in the black screen and had lunch and the little android man showed up 45 minutes later !!!!!!!!!
completed the reset it is rebooting now should take several minutes the instruction said ill update this post soon as know

I did the reset two times but it will not reboot I think the firmware is not reloading

Write/dev/block/instaboot fail!formatting/data

thanks duhhud i will look at the firmware reinstall

sato
12-15-2017, 06:29 AM
I have one and it runs, but I do not know what program(s) to use with it, to run the IPTV from the donation on this model.
Does any one know? I gave up trying quite awhile ago. I also would need to know the order which to install the programs.

Kimbo
12-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Many options from Kodi (Couch potato and others) to STB emulatators. Check out those sections in this forum for details!!

sato
12-16-2017, 05:20 PM
I have the latest kodi & it has Stalker PVR.
When I go to that Stalker, it tries to run, and says Retrying, then nothing happens.
It does all that even before I put any info on the stalker, rendering it helpless.

duhhud
12-16-2017, 05:51 PM
disable live tv in setting and disable the pvr stalker client in addons then enter info then enable live tv then enable your stalker client

jony604
12-16-2017, 06:23 PM
So back to Mxlll g ll tried to reinstall firmware from two different downloads it fail both times
any ideas? other than use it as a door stop could this be a clone and that's why it wont take it
the menu started o open within minutes now instead of 45 minutes when i started and it clear all user data

sato
12-16-2017, 09:33 PM
I do not see any setting for live tv in setting to be able to disable.
Is this suppost to be within kodi some ware? Or within the MXIII G's own settings?
Because I do not see any thing there either to change.

Kimbo
12-17-2017, 12:25 AM
Sato please post your question on the proper section, this thread was created for Jony's MX problem. Posting on other people thread that are not related is considered "hijacking".

sato
12-17-2017, 03:27 PM
Ok sorry.
So far I won't need to open another thread, as I finally got it working with Stalker.
Had to remove every thing & start from scratch.