PDA

View Full Version : Dreamlink T1 Plus 2 green lghts - Help me please

deuceduzi
12-11-2017, 07:31 AM
Hi guys something odd just happened to not just 1 but 2x of my dreamlinks... Both devices will no longer boot and stays stuck with 2 green leds on. Everything was working fine until the latest update. First unit stopped responding and I had to restart it via switch. 2nd unit started showing the same issue a couple hours later... Now both units will not boot. Both stays with 2 green led. I have tried the reset process but it seems like the box isn't even taking the remote commands... Both devices were purchased from ****************. Does anyone have experience dealing with them regarding warranty? I saw several other members have this issue... Is this a firmware caused problem or am I just part of the unlucky batch of lemon boxes?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestions or something I can try.

Things I have tried so far:
- reset file in usb + remote channel up button
- unplug/plug in ethernet cable
- different hdmi cables
- different TVs
- reset file + usb keyboard (in hopes of triggering reset)

Farmer1
12-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Did you try a hard reboot Unplug for 10-15 seconds and plug back in

deuceduzi
12-11-2017, 11:02 PM
Did you try a hard reboot Unplug for 10-15 seconds and plug back in

Yes, tried that and still nothing... I'm hoping **************** honors the warranty...

Farmer1
12-11-2017, 11:36 PM
If they are a authorized dealer they should honer the warranty.

deuceduzi
12-12-2017, 06:40 AM
I sure hope so... It's a dealer recommended on the sticky post... It's been several days with no response... Worried I may be stuck with a door step.

Farmer1
12-12-2017, 07:32 AM
I would contact them again
It sure wouldn't hurt

Capt.Kangaroo
12-12-2017, 07:48 AM
I sure hope so... It's a dealer recommended on the sticky post... It's been several days with no response... Worried I may be stuck with a door step.

deuceduzi, check your PM
I might be able help you

deuceduzi
12-12-2017, 09:14 AM
Thank you for your help Captain! :D I just sent another email. Hopefully all goes well and they take care of me. I'll keep you posted.

Capt.Kangaroo
12-14-2017, 06:52 AM
Thank you for your help Captain! :D I just sent another email. Hopefully all goes well and they take care of me. I'll keep you posted.
You're Welcome,Email me your receipt and I will try my best to help you out.
CK

aditaya12
12-20-2017, 09:03 PM
Anyone found a fix for this issue where 2 solid green lights and box will not boot ?

fher05
12-30-2017, 02:19 AM
Same issue here. Anyone have a solution?

amigofredd
12-31-2017, 05:15 PM
There must be a hard REBOOT like the 1st dreamlike
You had to stick a hard and thin metal in the a/v hole at the back of the box and bit will show you the menu for REBOOT witch it was a great idea for the inventors of this great mechine

MrPat
12-31-2017, 06:39 PM
Just throwing this out there. As I'm old school and have seen this type of issue with old boxes, is it possible you have run the box out of space and it's frozen. With rooted boxes there was always a back door way to clear files and data. i know there is a reset file but if the box has zero space it cant even install it. The only ones that can tell is the ones that have had this happen and if they had to many apps installed esp kodi with a large build. I do not have a fix for this just trying to see if this might be a cause and if it is then a fix can be put in to stop future issues.

aditaya12
01-01-2018, 12:04 AM

Seems like there is no solution beside going back to the dealer to exchange the unit.

aditaya12
01-01-2018, 12:05 AM
Unfortunately there is no hard reset button on the T1 Plus box.

olej10
01-15-2018, 01:18 AM
I have same problem with my T1 plus since about beginning of December 2017. Solid 2 green led's at the front and box wont boot no matter what I did and not responding to remote control either. Recovery file method doesn't work in my case. I know people on other forum tried and no success at all. Very unlucky bunch of guys. I have send 2 emails to my reseller iptvstore.ca regarding replacement, they won't even reply. Seems like another door stop in long history of testing and time to move to something new again, of course sold by different reseller then iptvstore.ca

marcm
01-18-2018, 05:40 PM
The growing number of people reporting this problem has me a bit afraid to use mine unless I need to record something. I won't recommend the T1 to anyone, and I'll definitely be refusing to upgrade to a newer box (T2 or Z7) until I know they don't suffer the same design flaw. A friend of mine had his box die after only a couple months of use. No obvious pattern to put a finger on, seems pretty random at this point.

Bkman2020
01-18-2018, 06:30 PM
might have to figure out to get into recovery mode as its android base.

Bkman2020
01-18-2018, 06:53 PM
Ifound this guys try it : get into the internal recovery by powering off in the back button then press the front channel down key and when you see about 4 to 5 under scores in the display like this------ press the channel up key,wait a few seconds and recovery will come up then you just proceed to wipe data factory reset and wipe cache partion

Bkman2020
01-18-2018, 07:03 PM
I think the instructions above are similar to android devices going into recovery mode.

crazed 9.6
01-18-2018, 07:04 PM
That does not apply to the T1 plus thou Bkman
There are no channel functions on the front of the box, nor is there a display :eek:

Must be another way to do same procedure thou ?

Bkman2020
01-18-2018, 07:05 PM
try the remote

Bkman2020
01-18-2018, 07:07 PM
think the lines will show on the tv

Bkman2020
01-18-2018, 07:18 PM
did it work?

crazed 9.6
01-18-2018, 07:24 PM
did it work?

I do not know.
There is no such issue with the T1 plus boxes here :)

Bkman2020
01-18-2018, 07:30 PM
oh ok no problem , but im sure there is a recovery option all android devices have em.

olej10
01-19-2018, 03:57 AM
Bkman2020, - I've tried your method few times, no lines cross the tv screen, no movement. "No Signal"

Ryu
01-19-2018, 04:20 AM
wondering if odin tool will work here? kof

Bkman2020
01-19-2018, 11:26 AM
Bkman2020, - I've tried your method few times, no lines cross the tv screen, no movement. "No Signal"
k sorry will keep trying thanks

Bkman2020
01-19-2018, 11:29 AM
im sure there is a way how do they program android devices.

whoace
01-20-2018, 02:02 PM
im sure there is a way how do they program android devices.

On most Android devices, you can enter Developer Mode by clicking the Build number in Android settings 7 times in a row. That will enable USB debugging and allow you to connect via ADB.

Have you guys tried removing all external drives and the SD card before booting? That worked for me on my T2 when it wouldn’t boot.

marcm
01-20-2018, 10:50 PM
My friend's T1 had no SD card or external USB device and wouldn't boot. No way to enter the Android settings if it won't boot and nothing shown on the screen.

frankglo
02-20-2018, 07:46 PM
Dreamlink T1 Plus malfunction

Yes, this is the very same problem I have, and it is listed elsewhere on the dreamlink t1 plus forum

I have a Dreamlink T1 Plus only about six months now, and still under warranty.
I have tried to contact the seller via email. There is no postal address and telephone number. And there have no replies to the many emails sent.

This is the problem:
I am seeing two hard green lights in front of the box. Of course, one green light tells you the box is receiving power from the AC adapter.

I cannot do anything, not enter the box. I took off the AC adapter, put it back on, still the same thing, two hard green lights in front of the box.

I took off everything, HDMI cable, ethernet cable, tried it on other ac outlets, still the same thing, two hard green lights in the front of the box.

I have been advised to try a revised version of the Factory Reset file, as I am trying to get hold by email of the company I was advised to buy it from. I believe this is the same company you are speaking of, There has been NO response to all my emails sent to them. There is no reputable company name, no postal address and telephone number, all a form to fill out an email, and there is NO response from them.

Someone should get hold of this company and advise the person to respond, and I am looking for a response from anyone here

kens
02-22-2018, 04:52 PM
I've read 20-30 users posts on various Forums, all with the same problem, and most with the same result.
Unrepairable by the user.
Warranty replacement, if even possible is the only cure.
This is just FYI (Dont shoot the messenger)
/kens

CHEVY85
02-23-2018, 07:52 PM
Anyone found a solution for 2green lights in dreamlink t1plus

Capt.Kangaroo
02-23-2018, 09:37 PM
Dreamlink T1 Plus malfunction

Yes, this is the very same problem I have, and it is listed elsewhere on the dreamlink t1 plus forum

I have a Dreamlink T1 Plus only about six months now, and still under warranty.
I have tried to contact the seller via email. There is no postal address and telephone number. And there have no replies to the many emails sent.

This is the problem:
I am seeing two hard green lights in front of the box. Of course, one green light tells you the box is receiving power from the AC adapter.

I cannot do anything, not enter the box. I took off the AC adapter, put it back on, still the same thing, two hard green lights in front of the box.

I took off everything, HDMI cable, ethernet cable, tried it on other ac outlets, still the same thing, two hard green lights in the front of the box.

I have been advised to try a revised version of the Factory Reset file, as I am trying to get hold by email of the company I was advised to buy it from. I believe this is the same company you are speaking of, There has been NO response to all my emails sent to them. There is no reputable company name, no postal address and telephone number, all a form to fill out an email, and there is NO response from them.

Someone should get hold of this company and advise the person to respond, and I am looking for a response from anyone here
Did you buy from one of the links posted in the Sticky Post?
If so, I can get Contact info for you.
Let me know
Send me a PM
CaptK

frankglo
03-03-2018, 11:37 AM
Yes, it was bought from the same seller.
The reset file did not work, and all other attempts did not work, so I take it that there is no known solution to the two steady green lights at the front of the box.
I finally made contact with the seller and will be returning the box very soon, as it is still under warranty.

On another note, MrPat's post above is interesting. The Plus in this box means too many things, too many programs to contend with, and maybe too little space and memory. And if this is so, then it can happen again, and again.

I will let you all know what the seller did, whether repair and how, or replace completely.

gmoore
03-17-2018, 02:30 AM
Just had another T1+ suddenly go dead, 2 green lights, black screen. Have been reading about this problem on different forums for months now. You would think that after all this time somebody, somewhere would have at least identified the cause, even if there is no cure. The reset file is a joke. 0 bytes. And the guy who posted it keeps insisting there's something in it. Like the Emperor Who Wore No Clothes.

Capt.Kangaroo
03-17-2018, 02:53 AM
Just had another T1+ suddenly go dead, 2 green lights, black screen. Have been reading about this problem on different forums for months now. You would think that after all this time somebody, somewhere would have at least identified the cause, even if there is no cure. The reset file is a joke. 0 bytes. And the guy who posted it keeps insisting there's something in it. Like the Emperor Who Wore No Clothes.
Contact and or Return it to where you bought it. If you bought from Authorized Dealer, you'll have no issues.
The reset file is a command file hence 0 bytes, Explained in the instructions "Reset file contains just a command in it. The Zip file is actually 148bytes"
I'm "The Guy" who posted it. It too works.

gmoore
03-17-2018, 01:19 PM
Contact and or Return it to where you bought it. If you bought from Authorized Dealer, you'll have no issues.
The reset file is a command file hence 0 bytes, Explained in the instructions "Reset file contains just a command in it. The Zip file is actually 148bytes"
I'm "The Guy" who posted it. It too works.

I opened the file with a hex editor and verified that it contains nothing. Maybe it's the file name itself that is the command? Although the file name does not contain 148 bytes either. The same link is posted on other forums and on all the forums where it has been posted nobody has ever gotten it to work as far as I can tell.

As far as returning it, what is the warranty period? How about returning it to the factory?

Why two green lights? I never noticed before but a box that is working only shows one green light. What's the other one for?

aditaya12
03-17-2018, 08:59 PM
I opened the file with a hex editor and verified that it contains nothing. Maybe it's the file name itself that is the command? Although the file name does not contain 148 bytes either. The same link is posted on other forums and on all the forums where it has been posted nobody has ever gotten it to work as far as I can tell.

As far as returning it, what is the warranty period? How about returning it to the factory?

Why two green lights? I never noticed before but a box that is working only shows one green light. What's the other one for?

Hi As Capt said that take it back to the seller you bought it from, you should not have problem if he is an authorized dealer. There is no fix for the two solid green lights. Thanks

frankglo
03-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Yes, there is no known fix for the issue of the two hard green lights on the Dreamlink T1 Plus.
The unit was shipped back to the seller, and as there are not many Dreamlink T1 Plus around now, it was replaced by the Dreamlink T2 with a small additional cost.

riddick69
06-22-2018, 09:14 PM
Hi, did anyone find a fix for these boxes. Got same problem here. Thanks.

hu2ip
06-26-2018, 02:54 AM
This is probably not related but mine would never go past the blinking red and green light.

After power cycling the button on the back repeatedly, I finally got it to get one solid green light but still nothing on the screen.

Trying the remote channel up/down, volume ect to reach a boot screen and nothing. After getting frustrated and pushing a whole bunch of buttons like crazy. The menu screen finally popped up.

Whether or not there is any logic to what happened? Just by dumb luck mine is working again now.

mega
06-28-2018, 08:18 PM
My T1+ just got both green lights on also....tried to turn off ect….no luck....but put the file on a sd stick plugged it in held up ch on remote and it came back.....didn't have to load anything...
Back to normal now.... Im not sure if the file did it or it just booted by itself.......lol....working fine now..

riddick69
07-01-2018, 03:13 PM
What file did you put on usb stick, trying to get mine up and running.

mega
07-04-2018, 03:09 PM
I did this to recover

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?36622-Force-Reset-File-for-T2-and-Z7

Use the URL to get the file,,, it puts the box in a reset mode,then boots up.

tuleno66
12-01-2018, 07:30 PM
I did this to recover

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?36622-Force-Reset-File-for-T2-and-Z7

Use the URL to get the file,,, it puts the box in a reset mode,then boots up.

i too run into this problem with a T1 plus,i saw the tread about the recovery facinit but it said that only works on T2 and formuler,but i figured what the hell it's already not working so i got it here: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/f1maxx7vqaaqn/Recovery
here's what i did:
i extracted files,then put it on a flas drive,put it on stb in usb port and connected it and it came back!!!
it worked for me but use it at your own risk! it should work for you too!!! good luck!!!

crazed 9.6
01-03-2019, 10:58 PM
thnx yup, it was confirmed some time ago that the T1 Plus is also compatible with that recovery method.

We just fixed the thread so it shows that:)
Dreamlink T1Plus, Dreamlink T2 models and Formuler models.

There is also another recovery file which works with Formulers and Dreamlinks
It is shown at the bottom in Method 3 thru the linked thread posted below and is confirmed to work with Dreamlinks and Formulers, (same as the facinit version).
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?39508-Recovery-instructions-for-%EF%BF%BDIPTVLauncher-has-Stopped%EF%BF%BD-issue&p=246905#post246905