PDA

View Full Version : Formuler Z7+

Capt.Kangaroo
12-08-2017, 04:33 AM
​http://dreamlink.ca

http://dreamlink.ca/img/z7-plus-leaflet.jpg

tbird686
12-08-2017, 06:15 AM
do you know will box be able to record one channel while you watch a differ channel?

Munstah
12-09-2017, 01:57 PM
Grabbing test unit later tonight. Will share some feedback once I've had time to play around with it over the next couple of days. If I like what I see i'll stock em. stay tuned

crazed 9.6
12-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Grabbing test unit later tonight. Will share some feedback once I've had time to play around with it over the next couple of days. If I like what I see i'll stock em. stay tuned

thnx Munstah :)

crazy carl
12-09-2017, 08:08 PM

excellent news friend, let the people know, this will determine alot if peeps go dreamteam or formuler

crazed 9.6
12-09-2017, 08:22 PM
excellent news friend, let the people know, this will determine alot if peeps go dreamteam or formuler

I would hope that is not the purpose of the reveiew crazy carl :eek:
This shouldn't be about who is better then the other. They are both great boxes.

Lets leave who is the best thingy to Ken Block :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tokmAI-hY8s

crazy carl
12-09-2017, 09:15 PM
I would hope that is not the purpose of the reveiew crazy carl :eek:
This shouldn't be about who is better then the other. They are both great boxes.

Lets leave who is the best thingy to Ken Block :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tokmAI-hY8s

owned by the same company figured its still a win win regardless no?

crazed 9.6
12-10-2017, 12:43 AM
owned by the same company figured its still a win win regardless no?

its good carl
thnx bud :)

Munstah
12-11-2017, 02:34 AM
So far I've only had limited time for testing. Appears there are two Z7+ out there. One comes with a north american power adapter (same as the dreamlink t1 plus actually) does not have internal wifi but comes with a rather large usb dual band antenna (excellent reception from my testing). The other model is the UK version with internal wifi antenna and included IR extender but ships with UK adapter and comes with a white plug converter (not ideal for those with crowded power bars). I am currently testing the 'North American' model and will check out the UK version later this week as well. I believe this box can be mounted behind tv (hence the IR extender on UK version).

I've tested the following so far:

- MYtvonline app which runs as one would expect (nothing new here, same slow EPG at this point in time)
- Kodi 17.6 with beast build - wanted to test a larger complex build and it ran no problem.
- Plex media server streaming both 1080p and 4k - ran well through kodi plex as well as playstore version. The usual initial buffering on the full 4k stuff.
- A couple retro emulators - doesn't require much horsepower so ran well as expected
- Teamviewer quick support remote access worked flawlessly

The GUI is much nicer than the dreamlink IMO and the box itself has a premium feel to it. Very responsive with smooth transitions between applications. Will post more this week as I play around with it. Still not sure if it's worth the price though

Mano9423
12-11-2017, 06:05 AM
So far I've only had limited time for testing. Appears there are two Z7+ out there. One comes with a north american power adapter (same as the dreamlink t1 plus actually) does not have internal wifi but comes with a rather large usb dual band antenna (excellent reception from my testing). The other model is the UK version with internal wifi antenna and included IR extender but ships with UK adapter and comes with a white plug converter (not ideal for those with crowded power bars). I am currently testing the 'North American' model and will check out the UK version later this week as well. I believe this box can be mounted behind tv (hence the IR extender on UK version).

- MYtvonline app which runs as one would expect (nothing new here, same slow EPG at this point in time)
- Kodi 17.6 with beast build - wanted to test a larger complex build and it ran no problem.
- Plex media server streaming both 1080p and 4k - ran well through kodi plex as well as playstore version. The usual initial buffering on the full 4k stuff.
- A couple retro emulators - doesn't require much horsepower so ran well as expected

The GUI is much nicer than the dreamlink IMO and the box itself has a premium feel to it. Very responsive with smooth transitions between applications. Will post more this week as I play around with it. Still not sure if it's worth the price though

Thanks for that quick review Munstah!

I have one coming and I'm interested to see which version I have. I purchased from a North American seller, so I would imagine its the NA version. Pretty excited for it. I have been running my T1 for IPTV and I have a MiBox that I use for kodi because the T1 just can't run it well. Hopefully this box will allow me to move the MiBox into my basement and eliminate the Firestick from the equation as its definitely a weak link.

I'll post a review as well once I've had some time to test it out.

Capt.Kangaroo
12-11-2017, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the review Munstah. :)
I get mine tomorrow and I am excited to test it out.

crazy carl
12-11-2017, 05:58 PM

Excellent first test good sir, the UK version has an IR blaster and built in wifi for sure as most of the UK versions for formuer have this maxs behind the tv mourning great. I suspect the mytvonline app will eventually get a boost for this box but I don’t know what to expect in terms of it being exclusive to just this box. It’s tough because unless the app utilizes the hardware to its true potential then it will still be the same across the board

Munstah
12-11-2017, 06:32 PM
should be interesting to see. Hopefully will have the UK version tomorrow or Wednesday so I can compare mainly the difference in wifi performance. At this point I'm leaning toward carrying the UK as the IR blaster and rear mounting options are nice to have and cost on UK vs NA version are virtually the same at this point in time.

ap1979
12-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Any update on whether Kodi runs faster on this compared to their earlier boxes?

crazy carl
12-12-2017, 01:11 AM
should be interesting to see. Hopefully will have the UK version tomorrow or Wednesday so I can compare mainly the difference in wifi performance. At this point I'm leaning toward carrying the UK as the IR blaster and rear mounting options are nice to have and cost on UK vs NA version are virtually the same at this point in time.
Look forward to it

Munstah
12-12-2017, 02:19 AM
Any update on whether Kodi runs faster on this compared to their earlier boxes?

The extra gig of ram definitely helps with kodi. Difference in performance compared to T1/T1 plus is quite noticeable here.

crazy carl
12-12-2017, 02:19 PM
The extra gig of ram definitely helps with kodi. Difference in performance compared to T1/T1 plus is quite noticeable here.

Good to know keep up the good work Munstah... reporting live from the field

elmanaba
12-14-2017, 12:14 AM
is the Formuler Z7+ the same box as the Formuler Z Prime...............................thanks

crazy carl
12-14-2017, 12:28 AM
is the Formuler Z7+ the same box as the Formuler Z Prime...............................thanks

No the prime is the before model of the Z7plus

Munstah
12-14-2017, 06:25 AM
Got a chance to compare UK version with built in wifi to the NA version with USB wifi dongle tonight. The built in is 2.4 ghz only and noticeably slower than the dongle when within 5ghz range (to be expected). Basically same internal wifi used in the T1 plus. Those with less than ideal home network setups would certainly benefit from purchasing the NA version. Using the 5ghz band I was able to test at 180 down compared to 45 on the 2.4. The range is also better on the dongle (with a roughly 5 inch long antenna it had better be). The IR extender packaged with the UK version is a nice touch IMO works well and and allows you to conceal the box. I used velcro adhesive strips and mounted behind my TV during testing.

The dongle itself is a W2 Dreamlink model which is the same one packaged with the newer dreamlink T1 plus devices. Though wifi for me personally is a non-issue having hard wired my home, I am now leaning toward stocking the NA model due to greater placement flexibility.

Capt.Kangaroo
12-14-2017, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the review Munstah, good info.:)

Mano9423
12-15-2017, 11:53 AM
Yes, thanks for the review Munstah!

Question, any idea if the dongle or the IR extender are available to purchase separately? I’ve purchased a couple of the EU versions and while I am hardwired, my friend is going to be using wifi. Might be worth it for him to buy the dongle if available. For those getting the NA model it might be nice to get the IR extender.

elmanaba
12-15-2017, 08:38 PM
thanks so much..

tbird686
12-15-2017, 09:56 PM
do you know will box be able to record one channel while you watch a differ channel?

have you tested the recording yet?

Munstah
12-17-2017, 08:17 PM
I haven't tested recording. It's running the same version app as the previous devices so I wouldn't expect anything new here.

JakedUp
12-19-2017, 06:27 AM
For those of you who actually have the z7+, can you confirm the CPU and GPU being used? It seems that the T2 uses the same processor as the T1+ -- so I wonder if Formuler actually upgraded the processor this time around, or if it's also the same chipset as the last generation.

guygoy
12-25-2017, 05:44 PM
For those of you who actually have the z7+, can you confirm the CPU and GPU being used? It seems that the T2 uses the same processor as the T1+ -- so I wonder if Formuler actually upgraded the processor this time around, or if it's also the same chipset as the last generation.

Good question, I was asking myself the same thing because I might buy either a T2 or Z7+ but if the processor is better on the Z7+ then I might lean on the Formuler side.

Shoma
01-25-2018, 01:55 AM
Good question, I was asking myself the same thing because I might buy either a T2 or Z7+ but if the processor is better on the Z7+ then I might lean on the Formuler side.

Z7+ uses Hi3798MV200 CPU. I am not sure about GPU.

Kaiz0ku
01-26-2018, 08:42 PM
Anyone with NA version has issues with SD card after last firmware update?

Shoma
01-26-2018, 09:05 PM
Anyone with NA version has issues with SD card after last firmware update?
Can you be more specific?
Mine is working fine and I am using it for recording and KODI downloads.

Capt.Kangaroo
01-26-2018, 09:11 PM

Compare for yourself

https://dreamlinkmedia.tech/

The main difference is

T2 = USD $129.99

Memory: eMMC : 8 GBytes and SDRAM : 1 GBytes (DDR4)​

Z7+ = USD $165.99

Memory eMMC : 8 GBytes and SDRAM : 2 GBytes (DDR4)

Capt.Kangaroo
01-26-2018, 09:18 PM
z7+ uses hi3798mv200 cpu. I am not sure about gpu.
t2=

processor: Hisilicon quad-core (hi3798c)

crazed 9.6
01-26-2018, 10:07 PM
DDR and EMMC take care of that 1 gig compared to 2 gigs thing.

Research that and you will see :)

They are same boxes :)
Price tells the difference only

Capt.Kangaroo
01-26-2018, 10:26 PM
DDR and EMMC take care of that 1 gig compared to 2 gigs thing.

Research that and you will see :)

They are same boxes :)
Price tells the difference only
True, I have both boxes and can't tell a difference other than the Z7+ has a better antenna. Price is really the decider in my book
The price difference is the extra GB of memory and the better antenna
I have yet to starve the T2 of memory, however, my wifi drops out in the back of the house. You can use the w3 antenna on the T2 to solve that.

I personally would buy the T2. You can now order your T2 with the w3 antenna at dreamlinkmedia.tech

Now you can choose the T2 that is better for you between the following options:
Dreamlink T2 with Dreamlink W1 (Dreamlink T2 model with 150 Mbps WiFi antenna)
Dreamlink T2 plus Dreamlink W2 (600Mbps Dual Band WiFi Antenna)
Dreamlink T2 plus Dreamlink W3 (1200Mbps Dual Band WiFi Antenna)

Dreamlink T2 plus Dreamlink W3 1200Mbps Dual Band WiFi Antenna
USD $149.99

Kaiz0ku
01-27-2018, 01:43 AM
Can you be more specific?
Mine is working fine and I am using it for recording and KODI downloads.

https://www.formuler-support.tv/index.php/Thread/1011-IPTVLauncher-keeps-stopping/?postID=6470&f3cf21ff#post6470

please code links

Shoma
01-27-2018, 01:49 AM

I have 32 GB Sandisk SD card and don't have any problems.
I have 32 GB Sandisk SD and did not have that problem. At least for now.

85am99
01-27-2018, 10:38 PM
Hey guys!
Just wondering about the 60FPS on this box.
I know that you can only get that with HDMI 2.0 not 1.4
Don't know if that's an issue with this box?

I recently purchased a 65inch Sony 4k tv.120hz
I have a global media box 4k which is a good box.
I noticed a little flickering with fast movement in sports like soccer ball or football in nfl.

I never had these problems with old tv so I know it's not server or box.

If like to know if purchasing the z7+ would fix this issue on the new tv which I'm assuming it would of its truly 60FPS HDMI 2.0

Great site and thanks again for your input adone knowledge!!!!!!

Ryu
01-27-2018, 11:52 PM
Hey guys!
Just wondering about the 60FPS on this box.
I know that you can only get that with HDMI 2.0 not 1.4
Don't know if that's an issue with this box?

I recently purchased a 65inch Sony 4k tv.120hz
I have a global media box 4k which is a good box.
I noticed a little flickering with fast movement in sports like soccer ball or football in nfl.

I never had these problems with old tv so I know it's not server or box.

If like to know if purchasing the z7+ would fix this issue on the new tv which I'm assuming it would of its truly 60FPS HDMI 2.0

Great site and thanks again for your input adone knowledge!!!!!!

did you replace HDMI cable. try different HDMI cable and hdmi port as well. turn off your tv and box before your connect new hdmi cable and see if that helps. kof

85am99
01-28-2018, 12:12 AM
Yes I've purchased new HDMI cable 2.0 with tv
The box is 4k 30fps which was perfect for old tv, I couldn't notice anything.

I'm wondering if the z7+ is 4k 60fps is legit with HDMI 2.0 not 1.4

You can't get 60fps with HDMI 1.4

How is picture quality on this box?