PDA

View Full Version : Gaming PC or Gaming Laptop?

wendell
11-24-2017, 12:33 PM
Hello, Guys, My budget is Under $1000 so what is the better option? Well, I love to travel, watching movies and of course playing games.

Kimbo
11-24-2017, 07:00 PM
Well if you travel then a laptop would be recommended :) not easy to check in a heavy gaming PC at the airport!!

wendell
11-25-2017, 06:28 AM
Well if you travel then a laptop would be recommended :) not easy to check in a heavy gaming PC at the airport!!

So What laptop would you like to suggest?

crazed 9.6
11-25-2017, 05:54 PM
So many choices. I use a Toshiba 4 core with an extra virtual 2 core, but i am not a gamer :eek:

This Acer is a beast, prolly easier to get a Volkwagon passed thru airport customs then this beast... But have a look :)

Acer built a massive gaming laptop.... because why not?
The Predator 21x is Acer's flagship gaming laptop.

Sometimes companies just make things because they can.

That seems to be the case with Acer's Predator 21 X (the X is for EXTREME), a hulking beast of a laptop that weighs 8 kilograms, or 17 pounds, and features a 21-inch curved display. The curved display is a world's first, and even the size is notable. Most laptop screens top out at 18 inches.

The aggressively designed machine looks as likely to bite off your hand as it is to play the latest, most demanding PC games. While Acer didn't disclose the exact price, the company said the Predator 21 X would cost in excess of $5,000. Its other Predator laptops range between $2,000 and $3,000.

Kimbo
11-25-2017, 07:45 PM
I like all those choices from Crazed, also Alienware is a good choice too!!

Blackbear199
11-25-2017, 07:49 PM
he said his budget was $1000 not $10,000.lol

Kimbo
11-26-2017, 01:35 AM

Duly noted :)

Deadwood
11-26-2017, 03:46 AM
Given the fact that a graphics card alone will exceed the $1000 budget, I would forget about the laptop as it will top that as well. If you really want a high end gaming PC, you're better off to save up a few more sheckles before investing as a good place to start would be closer to $ 3000 with motherboard, memory, cpu, graphics card, pwr supply, etc. If you just want to game and stay well under your budget, go for a dedicated game box like the Playstation 4 pro or whatever the call the latest version. All things considered I would opt for the PS4 plus box.

crazed 9.6
11-26-2017, 04:53 AM

is why my mention about the volkswagon :)

haaaaa. i kill me ... lol
:)

wendell
11-27-2017, 07:39 AM
So many choices. I use a Toshiba 4 core with an extra virtual 2 core, but i am not a gamer :eek:

This Acer is a beast, prolly easier to get a Volkwagon passed thru airport customs then this beast... But have a look :)

Acer built a massive gaming laptop.... because why not?
The Predator 21x is Acer's flagship gaming laptop.

Sometimes companies just make things because they can.

That seems to be the case with Acer's Predator 21 X (the X is for EXTREME), a hulking beast of a laptop that weighs 8 kilograms, or 17 pounds, and features a 21-inch curved display. The curved display is a world's first, and even the size is notable. Most laptop screens top out at 18 inches.

The aggressively designed machine looks as likely to bite off your hand as it is to play the latest, most demanding PC games. While Acer didn't disclose the exact price, the company said the Predator 21 X would cost in excess of $5,000. Its other Predator laptops range between $2,000 and $3,000.

So, your suggestion is to go with Acer products? Well, someone else also suggests me for Acer Aspire VX15 with following specs

Intel Core i5-7300HQ Processor
15.6″ Full HD IPS display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
16GB DDR4 Memory
256GB SSD

So what would you suggest is this right option. But there are more laptops available but a little bit expensive than my budget. Have a look at some gaming laptops whats the better option? Check here: https://www.reviewsdir.com/best-gaming-laptops-under-1000/

DonaldS
11-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Hi,

Gaming PC Straight Away.
Don't look at the portability factor. You need a proper GPU and a Proper FPS. Real Gamer Doesn't wait for graphics conversion from CPU to GPU.
You Should opt for a Gaming PC. Stability matters.
I have a Gaming Laptop and a Gaming PC as well. My Laptop Graphics specs is much high than the PC. But my PCs performance is much much better than the Laptop.

The rest is up to you

Izzie28
04-25-2018, 05:39 PM
I would always go for gaming laptops. As these are easy to carry around. You Just need to have a Study table in order to enjoy the best gaming experience.
When it comes to gaming laptops, My first option would be Alienware 15 or 17(depends on your budget) because of the brand value associated with gaming. The second choice would be MSI laptops.
Alienware 15 Configuration :- 32GB RAM, 1TB HDD+ 1TB SSD + Windows 10 + 8GB Graphic Card.( What more you want.. )
Similar Configuration in MSI laptops cost lesser as compared to Alienware.