PDA

View Full Version : Remote control issue

kronic187
11-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Hello All,

DL T1 Plus is working fine. Updated and running Kodi perfectly.

The only issue I have noticed is that when I press the up and down arrows on my remote, it makes my HDMI switcher in the living room switch inputs. The next thing I noticed is that when I press the Exit button and the upper remote control functions (play, stop, etc.) the DL remote turns on, off, bluetooth scan on my Vizio sound bar. In IPTV, you regularly use basic functions, but if you are in Kodi watching movies and all and want to stop and play, this is frustrating as the Dreamlink remote is messing with several equipment's.

I would have expected Dreamlink to have their own unique IR codes to not mess with other equipment in the room... Never had an issue with any other FTA boxes I have played with.

This is something that I don't even know how it can be fixed. An update won't do anything as the IR signals being sent are coming from the remote...

The only workaround I have seen is to use the old dreamlink HD remote (no issues at all). The dreamlink t1 plus remote messes with everything.

Any ideas?

kens
11-23-2017, 09:24 PM
use a wireless 3 button mouse, and use my modified mouse.xml file for Kodi
For Android is mouse6a.zip
Instructions in the kodi tutorial sticky section
/kens

kronic187
11-24-2017, 11:17 AM
use a wireless 3 button mouse, and use my modified mouse.xml file for Kodi
For Android is mouse6a.zip
Instructions in the kodi tutorial sticky section
/kens

Will try this one
https://www.amazon.com/STRQUA-G7-Wireless-Keyboard-infrared/dp/B06XG5FQL6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1511522072&sr=8-2&keywords=STRQUA

looks good it’s mouse , gyro, and keyboard

theone
11-24-2017, 02:23 PM
I agree, use a USB keyboard when ever you buy a box. Majority for the remotes of Android boxes don't really work very well and i have tested many boxes.

JakedUp
12-22-2017, 05:16 PM
I'm having the same issue. Did a third party remote solve your problem? Do you have access to all the same keys as the original remote?

JakedUp
12-24-2017, 07:06 AM
I was able to resolve this by switching to a Harmony remote. No more interference with my Vizio Soundbar :)