PDA

View Full Version : Trying iptv due to IKS being down

Sammygazo
11-13-2017, 12:29 AM
I figured I should try to get up to speed with this IPTV as it looks like IKS is on its way out. Trying to utilize what I already have (rocket, dreamlink T5 and an LG smart tv). Did some reading and got the smart iptv app on the LG. I seem to have everything set up correctly as I get 269 channels but they all say "no channel name" and I get a can't connect error. I've not been able to find a thread specific to my issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

crazed 9.6
11-13-2017, 12:34 AM
first thing to check with no connection is that the iptv server URL is correct and the same as what the service website shows.

Have you logged onto your code at the rocket website yet ?
And do you know about the MAC addy, or does that Smart TV app work without a MAC attached to your code ?

crazed 9.6
11-13-2017, 12:38 AM
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?22389-Samsung-Smart-Stb-Emulator

check the thread linked above.
Is that the same as the application that you have ?

Sammygazo
11-13-2017, 12:47 AM
I have checked my rocket and entered the mac for my tv. I'm working off an iPad so I can't download a play list.
It is not the same as the Samsung, this one you go to http://siptv.eu/mylist and enter you mac and the URL for rocket.
i tried their trial URL and that was successful.

crazed 9.6
11-13-2017, 01:13 AM
I have checked my rocket and entered the mac for my tv. I'm working off an iPad so I can't download a play list.
It is not the same as the Samsung, this one you go to http://siptv.eu/mylist and enter you mac and the URL for rocket.
i tried their trial URL and that was successful.

okay, I think I see.
They want the MAC from your TV and then the server URL

At the Rocket website, you would not need to add a MAC there, in fact I would blank it out.
Only a MAC is needed linked at the rocket website when you are using an emulator or a dedicated iptv receiver, which you are not with either.

Them MACs linked at the Rocket site need a prefix of 00:1a:78 or 79... so your TV mac is not doing anything at rockets site, except maybe messing up the Playlist loading functionalities.

Its the LG server that wants the LG TVs MAC address, so they can stream content from that Rocket Server URL thru m3u playlist method to your TV with verified thru that TVs unique MAC address

check that rocket server URL

and put a piece off black electrician tape over the camera eye on that smart TV :)

Sammygazo
11-13-2017, 02:24 AM
Success!!!! Thank you
this app has awful navigation though. Is there a program guide available to make things easier?

crazed 9.6
11-13-2017, 02:30 AM
Success!!!! Thank you
this app has awful navigation though. Is there a program guide available to make things easier?

check in that Smart TV apps menus and for a place to add a separate EPG URL
The guys on this site (iptvTalk) are always creating these working EPGs, but you gotta follow them .... and that TV app needs a place to add their URL

Them Playlist methods are a bit tricky thou concerning EPGs...

check the sub forums here. Most of the EPG guys post in the related forums :)

I may have misunderstood what you were pretaining to. Weather it is that app or your EPG (Electronic Program Guide).

If the app, then that is what it is... You may after some experience find that you can use other ways on that Smart TV, but I do not have experience.
There are many Playlist Players and that is basically what your TV is using, but redirected thru that TV manufacture server, kinda deal.