PDA

View Full Version : looking for another box

curgs
11-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Been reading about the NVidia and buzz,,, already own a T1 and love it , just looking for another box to try out

Can anyone direct me to a how to , to set up kodi with rocket,, or is it the same as some of the other androids?

Is this box more difficult to set up for kodi? T1 is easy either way ,,, dol or kodi is nice to set up

I am really only looking at the NVidia for kodi streaming so don't need the game controller ( or do I ) Is it the remote ?

sorry just do not know a lot about the box, I am not a gamer so no need for that option

any input would be greatly appricated

Just looking on ebay and see 2017 going for under $200 ... Is that the going rate ?

Farmer1
11-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Buzz has the Live TV and VOD, kodi is loaded
set up is the same for Rocket
Buzz 3000 $103.00 Canadian

Farmer1
11-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Kodi 17.4 is the version that is loaded

Kimbo
11-05-2017, 08:53 PM
I see that you posted in the NVIDIA section. yes $200 is the going rate, I have and Nvidia Shield and i'm running Rocket using Potato TV running great!!Look for the Potato section for step by step!!

Nvidia is more than a streaming and gaming. So enjoy!!

Kimbo
11-05-2017, 09:02 PM
There are various methods for streaming IPTV (Nvidia shield) such as VLC and STB emulators, some can be loaded using google play store and others either by sideloading them using ES file explorer or Kodi Video addons. Like i said i have Potato TV video addon for Kodi.

curgs
11-06-2017, 02:37 AM
would I also be able to set up NVidia using kodi and the built in stalker client with kodi and a url that will get a guide?

curgs
11-06-2017, 02:41 AM
looks like it does a whole lot, guess I can also replace my old wd media player with this unit too

I see best buy has it for $175 with just 16gig and remote , I should be able to connect my 2 TB external hard drive to it like
I did with my WD media player ?

Can I get a actual remote like used with a T1 and other similar boxes out there

floder2
11-06-2017, 06:29 AM
Most Bluetooth remotes work with the Nvidia.....Also the Amazon Stick remote works also...bought one as a backup for 15.00

Deadwood
11-26-2017, 03:55 AM
I would strongly consider the CSA93Q box with 3gb or ram, 32gb of rom as it will run 4k at 60fps and do it for less than $ 120 Canadian. No problem loading whatever app store you want providing you go into security settings and allow 3rd party apps. When it comes to some of the high end boxes, they can be a problem loading and running some applications due the way they try to promote certain services while causing issues with other apps or services they aren't promoting.

Ipguy
11-26-2017, 07:12 AM
I have a nvidia shield and is one of the best box on the planet.

Kimbo
11-26-2017, 04:35 PM
I have a nvidia shield and is one of the best box on the planet.

so many extras......so fast!!

Turducken
11-27-2017, 04:16 AM
Starting last week, Nvidia Shield for $149 w/o controller, $169 with, at Best Buy, Amazon, B&H Photo, Looks like the deal goes into tomorrow, Ordered mine yesterday!

curgs
11-28-2017, 09:06 PM
hey deadwood does the csa93 have its own ap like buzz and T1,,, just curious

is it also called Kukele

Deadwood
12-07-2017, 05:55 PM
hey deadwood does the csa93 have its own ap like buzz and T1,,, just curious

is it also called Kukele

The CSA93Q3 has a lot of sellers calling it whatever comes in their heads and rings their chimes or feels appropriate. Same box, same color, same hardware but depending on which box you buy, it may have any version of Android OS like Kit kat 5.1 Marshmallow 6.01 Nougat 7.1 but I haven't seen one with the Oreo 8.0 as yet.
Does it have its own app like buzz, T1 or Avov. Well, I don't know what app the buzz box has nor the Ti but I have had some experience with the AVOV but without knowing which particular app you're referring to, it would be hard to guess which one's you're referring to.
The CSA93Q3 comes with different amounts of memory and priced differently and accordingly. I found the 3gb ram, 32gb rom the best version that suits me and I have two boxes with the same memory but one runs android 6.01 and the other runs Nougat 7.1 but both cost less than 120 Canadian dollars. As for the ones with names like Kukele, my guess is they will cost you more after all, it has a name and the guy that gave it a name is looking to retire early. As for apps, I have my boxes loaded with Google Playstore, Amazon app store, Aptoide app store and a couple more app stores which brings me to say, which app were you referring to ? Both of these boxes use the STB Emulator Pro app so they don't have any problems loading any apps including Kodi 17.6 but if you can or have something running on the T1 or Buzz box that is special, I'd be happy to try loading either of these special apps if you can define which app and what it does or doesn't do.

Deadwood
12-07-2017, 06:06 PM
so many extras......so fast!! Had two, the old version and the new, bought both directly from Nvidia store and don't have or use either anymore as Nvidia decides which apps can and cannot run on it and Google does its level best to inform you that "this app is not ....for your device". If you sideload, even with the security settings changed, assuming you can still get to the security settings, Nvidia has remote management and somehow the apk or app you loaded worked fine yesterday but today it doesn't. Nvidia has a good graphics gpu, hardware and memory, no argument on that but there's some boxes that have more memory and deliver UHD 4K with the Mali 820 or higher and do it all for half the price. Sorry, less than half the price. Both my boxes do it with my LG UHD tv and I've had both Shields so its is experience of owning different boxes and some are just too heavily controlled by the real owners with remote management.

Kimbo
12-07-2017, 08:39 PM
thanks for your feedback, working nice here!!