PDA

View Full Version : Mag250 blank after loading on new TV

bigsman
10-31-2017, 09:33 AM
Hi all - weird issue here. The MagBox works on my old 22" TV but doesn't work on my new LG SmartTV 55". Was working previously on the 55" until it crashed. Now it just does the boot up, loads from nand and then TV says no signal. If i plug the box in my old TV it works fine. It won't reach the inner portal on the new TV.

I've checked the cables and i have messed around with the resolutions and video settings when holding down menu when powering up. But still won't work on the TV.

Any ideas? Weird as it was working previously until the box crashed during football.

Thanks

shaf4706
10-31-2017, 10:42 AM
Connect the box to your old Tv
Go to inside portal
Change resolution in video to auto
exit and save.
Connect box to new tv and try that
If it works change video to correct resolutions
I think it has to do with resolutions

shaf4706
10-31-2017, 10:50 AM
Video Output set to 1080p-60

bigsman
10-31-2017, 04:09 PM
I'll give it a go - i know there was no auto option for Video. Only for graphic resolutions there was 'TV settings'

bigsman
10-31-2017, 08:08 PM
Still no signal :(

shaf4706
11-01-2017, 07:21 PM
There are a few things you can do
1. First change the input port on your new TV example instead of using HDMI 1 use HDMI 2 port if the port on your new TV is faulty.
2. You have to remember your Portal name And URL Address if you need to enter again !!

3. Factory restore
Mag 254 Bios Factory Reset how to get there
10-23-2017
Mag 254 Bios
1 unplug Mag254
2 push and hold the button with 3 dots and 3 lines and plug power back in you should have a blue screen with settings.
3 Factory restore
4 Make sure you are nand or nand2
5. Factory Reset. ( Screen shows def. setting )
6 Check and change your setting SAVE and reboot

Things you may need to change
1 Video settings should be set to your TV settings
2 You should be booting from nand or nand 2 which ever that works for you.
3 Factory Reset. ( Screen shows def. setting )

bigsman
11-01-2017, 11:58 PM
There are a few things you can do
1. First change the input port on your new TV example instead of using HDMI 1 use HDMI 2 port if the port on your new TV is faulty.
2. You have to remember your Portal name And URL Address if you need to enter again !!

3. Factory restore
Mag 254 Bios Factory Reset how to get there
10-23-2017
Mag 254 Bios
1 unplug Mag254
2 push and hold the button with 3 dots and 3 lines and plug power back in you should have a blue screen with settings.
3 Factory restore
4 Make sure you are nand or nand2
5. Factory Reset. ( Screen shows def. setting )
6 Check and change your setting SAVE and reboot

Things you may need to change
1 Video settings should be set to your TV settings
2 You should be booting from nand or nand 2 which ever that works for you.
3 Factory Reset. ( Screen shows def. setting )

did all this and still no luck - so weird. I'm evening changing the video settings in the inner portal when i connect to old tv, but still doesn't work when i connect to new tv

shaf4706
11-02-2017, 07:00 AM
Sorry to say but it looks like the Mag box is powering off when connected to your new TV.

Can you make sure the box is powered on as no signal says it all as it's getting nothing from the box

bigsman
11-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Sorry to say but it looks like the Mag box is powering off when connected to your new TV.

Can you make sure the box is powered on as no signal says it all as it's getting nothing from the box

is that the case even when it loads the BIOS at the start? After the initial loading screen, thats when it goes off. So the box is defo on as i can access the BIOS on the new TV

Still weird how it works perfect with my older TV and not with the brand new 55" :(

Think i'll try and connect to old tv, keep box on and switch HDMI to new tv and see what happens

Thanks for your input Shaf, hopefully i'll figure it out