PDA

View Full Version : How to connect Dreamlink T1 Plus using wired ethernet?

ms253t
10-29-2017, 06:49 PM
Hello, I'm a computer illiterate which mean I don't know much about them. I just bought a Dreamlink T1 Plus and a subscription service. Setting it up with wifi and everything is working fine. However, I'd like to use wired network instead of WiFi but I don't know how to get it to work. I have Roku, WDTV, Chromecast, Tivo... and all are pretty much plug and play. I just need to plug the Ethernet cable in and it automatically works. With Dreamlink T1 Plus when I chose "Automatic(DHCP) it didn't work. I have Asus RT-N66U router and DHCP is enable. I tried to add the Dreamlink Mac ID to the router and assign an IP address but it didn't work.

Next I tried Manual but I don't know exactly how. Here is my input:
IP Address 192.168.1.150 (it doesn't duplicate any other device in my house)
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
First DNS: 192.168.1.1
Second DNS: 0.0.0.0

When I chose SET it going back to Network Summary:
IP Address:0.0.0.0
Gateway:0.0.0.0
First DNS:0.0.0.0
Connected to Internet: No

What am I doing wrong? I have tried IP address randomly without duplicate other device 192.168.1.xxx without success. I have the Dreamlink ethernet cable running to a TP-Link Switch which in turn connect to the Asus RT-N66U router. This same cable is working with WDTV, Roku and Tivo Roamio box. Please help! Thank you in advance.

Marley
10-29-2017, 10:12 PM
first reboot router have both turn off then start router dreamlink should find it auto when you turn box on i allways look and see time is right if so im good to go you can use static like you said too and could be cable too crossover or straight through cable but for most i thing a reboot will do it