PDA

View Full Version : Movies and Shows freezing after changing modem

shmike21
10-17-2017, 04:20 AM
Hi,

We have been using the mag 254 box to stream movies and shows through video club. We recently switched internet providers and now it has having issues. The movies and shows will freeze after 2-5 minutes of watching, even though a speed test on the computer shows we are getting over 60 Mbps. We have tried different routers and even tried connecting the Mag 254 directly to the modem. We were with Shaw before and now with a wholesaler of Shaw, called ACN. It is the same internet line and the same speed (60 Mbps), the only difference is we have a different modem. The modem we are using now is a Technicolor TC4300.E. We have spoken with ACN Technical Support for many many hours and tried all sorts of things to try to fix this issue, with no solution. Does anyone know what may be causing this issue we are having? Thank you in advance for your help.

crazed 9.6
10-17-2017, 04:32 AM
what firmware version is on that mag 254 ?

Some reports simalar to yours were solved by reloading the firmware onto the Mag

shmike21
10-17-2017, 04:35 AM
Firmware version: 5.3.0 (0.2.18-r19-254). How would you go about reloading the firmware? Thanks.

crazed 9.6
10-17-2017, 04:48 AM
check the thread linked below
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?30535-New-r19-firmware-update-discussion-thread

Post # 4 on that thread will show you how.

'Go to Inner Portal' option.
Then into the next Settings tab you will see there.
Then in there ensue it shows...
Autoupdate : With Confirmation
Update beta versions = On

Then use the green button on remote (update Manually).
Then with New Version slot highlighted, use the bottom left hand button on your remote (as pictured on that New Version slot). That function will bring up any and all versions available.

If not, then exit back to where the menu screen shows the 'Select a portal for loading'

It gives you chooses of Embedded Portal and your server URL portal and the System settings Portal
Go into Settings.
Then scroll the next screen down till you see the Software Update option.
Open that and it should show ..
Update Method : HTTP

URL : http://mag.infmir.com.ua/254/r2/imageupdate

New URL : http://update.infomir.com/mag/254/imageupdate

Then OK to verify....
Then Exit back out and into Embedded Portal and into Settings and back into Software autoupdate and the green button again.

shmike21
10-17-2017, 05:08 AM
Great, I will try that. I should mention that the box was on r14 I believe when this issue began, and I upgraded it to r19.

10-21-2017, 07:32 AM
THE FIRMWARE IS r19 here to.

10-24-2017, 05:51 PM
Hi SHmike 21
We are in the same boat as you. Just purchased a TP-LINK AC1750 router to see if it makes adifference.will it doesn't. I will return the router.
I looked into the internet of all things and this is what i found:
PTV stands for Internet Protocol TV—but what does "Internet Protocol" mean? It's the essence of how the Internet works.Send an email to a friend or download a web page and the information you set in motion doesn't travel in one big lump, as you might expect. Instead, it's broken up into lots of small pieces, known as packets, each of which may be "switched" (sent) to its destination by a different route. Packet switching, as this is known, is the basic principle of how any information travels over the Internet. The computers that link the Net together don't know what any given packet means or what it does. All they know is the IP address (a numeric "house and street name" given to every computer on the Internet) where the packet has to go—and they treat all packets equally.
I believe, when it comes to streaming moves, the internet is overloaded, The freezing etc only begins to happen as evening approaches (say after 5:00pm) till about midnight, at 3:00am the systems works fine. So there is just to many people watching IP TV, so either we live with it and wait till the the IP companies figure it out, or we look for another of our movies (I use netflex).

My Ping No is between 11 and 20MS, perhaps if I was closer to the source i would be not experienceing the freezing. I also believe this because not all the IP cutomers are complaining just a certain number.

Ph me if you like ShMike21 at *** *** **** so we can further discuss this problem.

Please can anyone with more experience with IP TV and the interent comment. 0431 is a Junior here

10-24-2017, 05:53 PM
Oh ya I replaced the firmware to r19 last month it made more difference.

crazed 9.6
10-24-2017, 05:59 PM
0431, you may have noticed that your previous post was deleted and this latest one has been edited by staff.
The deleted post was because you had posted your phone number on site here. We do not do that here :eek: The edit on the last post was the phone number edited out.

Please do not keep posting your phone number.
And if members were smart they would never phone a number given to them on a website such as we have here :eek: