PDA

View Full Version : cann't setup, screen flip flop over and over

wineonnine
10-09-2017, 06:46 PM
was trying to setup and the screen started to flip, over and over!! rolling over,tried going into portal,same,rolling no way to get to anything, to do anything.
need help on this one. any help appreciate wine

crazed 9.6
10-09-2017, 08:00 PM
sounds like PAL mode and your TV prolly does not support that.
Take it to another TV and try. If works, then find the menu to take it out of PAL (PAL is a European format).

Or your HDMI cable is faulty.

wineonnine
10-09-2017, 10:19 PM
tried another tv(I was in another house when it started) at my house now, same, as I said , nothing but flipping , ever thing I do or go to its rolling and u can't do anything. also the hdmi is working on another box. Anyway to do a factory reset with a USB?

crazed 9.6
10-09-2017, 10:25 PM
ahh yes, maybe that HDMI cable does work on another box but that is not prove that it is faulty for the Mag
HDMI cables are tricking that way :eek:

wineonnine
10-10-2017, 05:19 PM
tks i'll give it another try with a new one appreciate the help

wineonnine
10-10-2017, 06:40 PM
tried new hdmi on another tv black screen, used red white yellow, got rolling but its asking for password
tried 0000 and 1234 nothing. Have any idea what password also is their away to use usb to do factory reset
don't have donation password, got one I can use if that's the pw I need

paxxx
10-10-2017, 10:34 PM
tried new hdmi on another tv black screen, used red white yellow, got rolling but its asking for password
tried 0000 and 1234 nothing. Have any idea what password also is their away to use usb to do factory reset
don't have donation password, got one I can use if that's the pw I needll

pull adapter plug from mag. plug back in , immediately hold the menu button on remote , bios screen will pop up . select tv output to match your tv , not pal.
leave screen , will reboot should see tv .

wineonnine
10-11-2017, 12:00 AM
got in but its flipping so fast I cannt change anything or see what too change thanks i'll keep at it, never know wine

crazed 9.6
10-11-2017, 12:08 AM
If you can see the headings at all, look for the TV System in the BIOS menu...

Copy from an earlier post with a PAL situation...
--In the bios I go to the right on TV system, until I get to NTSC and then push the F1 button and that saves it...clear bios picture...

shaf4706
10-13-2017, 03:32 PM
Press and hold service button (FN) on back side of STB until STB is power off, or during 2 seconds after power on. Switching between modes done by releasing button at specific time according to LED indication.
file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif

There are 4 modes:
§ Mode 1. STB load from first U-boot - Press and hold service button, power on STB. Wait until LED indicator change it's mode (LED is white, slow blinking). If button button will be released STB will load in mode 1. Not releasing of button - STB will go to mode 2.
§ Mode 2. Switch to alternative NAND - (White LED, fast blink). If button button will be released STB will load in mode 2. Continue to hold will result in - go to mode 3.
§ Mode 3. Reset to default settings - (Red LED, fast blink). If button button will be released STB will load in mode 3. Continue to hold will result in - go to mode 4.
§ Mode 4. “Emergency-mode” - STB Boot from USB/DHCP - (Red LED, without blinking). If button button will be released STB will load in mode 4. Continue to hold will result in - Standard load.