PDA

View Full Version : Dreamlink T1 Plus and BuzzTV XPL3000

divo77
09-26-2017, 08:16 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am kind of new to the IPTV scene and I was wondering if I could get some honest feedback from anyone that has purchased a Dreamlink plus or a Buzztv box.
I am thinking of purchasing the Dreamlink T1 Plus but now I have been hearing that the new BuzzTV XPL3000 has a lot of great upgrades (including faster memory and cpu).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you

floder2
09-26-2017, 09:06 PM
Well Dreamlink T1 Plus is a very good iptv box.........But uses an older Android Version...but it can record .....Buzztv 3000 uses a newer Android Version .....good IPTV.........Can run the latest version of KODI...Also PVR functions

I have the Dreamlink plus .and the Buzztv 2000 .just ordered the Buzztv 3000 .........I do like both Dreamlink and the Buzztv Boxes.....either one would be a good choice in my opinion

crazy carl
09-27-2017, 03:25 PM
It's all personal opinion and preference. Lots of peeps love dreamlinks and BuzzTV Xpls are becoming popular as well. The XPL 3000 is pretty new but there's suppose to be an update to make some improvements..only time will tell if it lives up to the hype

divo77
09-27-2017, 11:25 PM
Thank you guys for the input.

From what I have researched, It seems to me that the major drawback to the Dreamlink T1 Plus seems to be that it runs an older version of Android OS (Kitkat). I did contact the dreamlink manufacturer and they said that "due to hardware limitations" they are unable to update to a newer version of Android OS to the Dreamlink T1 Plus. (I was thinking they could do it through a firmware update). I also noticed that the Dreamlink only has 1GB memory as opposed to the BuzzTV that has 2GB memory. Does anyone know if it makes any difference in performance for the Dreamlink?

NBS
09-29-2017, 06:58 PM
If the epg means anything to you the buzz populates very fast where the dreamlink does not

samshah
10-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Well Dreamlink T1 Plus is a very good iptv box.........But uses an older Android Version...but it can record .....Buzztv 3000 uses a newer Android Version .....good IPTV.........Can run the latest version of KODI...Also PVR functions

I have the Dreamlink plus .and the Buzztv 2000 .just ordered the Buzztv 3000 .........I do like both Dreamlink and the Buzztv Boxes.....either one would be a good choice in my opinion

Can you post videos from XPL2000/3000 menu and performance? I am really interested to know if there is any other android box better than T1+. I really enjoy it but the problem is the old android. thanks mate

NBS
10-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Can you post videos from XPL2000/3000 menu and performance? I am really interested to know if there is any other android box better than T1+. I really enjoy it but the problem is the old android. thanks mate

JMO but I think the xpl 2000 is better than the t1 the xpl3000 should be better

Bkman2020
10-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Well could be the os has to be optimized

chains
10-13-2017, 04:17 PM
I like Dreamlink T1 Plus better. Who knows how much longer buzztv will be around. Plus Kodi is only good for movies and you have to haggle just to watch anything.

floder2
10-13-2017, 04:50 PM
I like Dreamlink T1 Plus better. Who knows how much longer buzztv will be around. Plus Kodi is only good for movies and you have to haggle just to watch anything.

Kodi is much more versatile then just movies.........and if you know how to set it up correctly it works like a charm........Best thing since sliced bread........

Marley
10-13-2017, 07:50 PM
learn how add repos and google to find whats new

divo77
10-16-2017, 05:47 PM
I agree. Kodi (if set up correctly...ie...with RD) will work perfect for all your needs. The only problem I see with the Dreamlink T1 Plus is the fact that its running Kit Kat 4.4. Hopefully there's an upgraded Android OS for the next Dreamlink. One can only Dream!! ;)

Mano9423
10-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Captain doesn’t like my rumours, but suffice to say that the swirling rumours around an upcoming release are that we will see a significant upgrade to the android version. Unfortunately not retro to the older boxes.

Munstah
10-17-2017, 10:53 PM
I can confirm these are not rumors but actual fact. They've already released two android 7 boxes in the UK which are iptv, satellite and antenna compatible. The big release though will be the Z7+ box which is an iptv box similar to the dreamlink T1 with 2 gigs of ram and android 7.0 (name may be different in North America). specs sheets have already began circulating online for this box and even images.

Mano9423
10-18-2017, 11:04 AM
I can confirm these are not rumors but actual fact. They've already released two android 7 boxes in the UK which are iptv, satellite and antenna compatible. The big release though will be the Z7+ box which is an iptv box similar to the dreamlink T1 with 2 gigs of ram and android 7.0 (name may be different in North America). specs sheets have already began circulating online for this box and even images.

I’m aware and have seen the specs, but while Formuler seems to be fine with announcing their coming box, the Dreamlink version has yet to be confirmed and is, therefore, just a rumour at this point.

Munstah
10-18-2017, 02:10 PM
I’m aware and have seen the specs, but while Formuler seems to be fine with announcing their coming box, the Dreamlink version has yet to be confirmed and is, therefore, just a rumour at this point.

you do realize that Formuler makes the boxes for dreamlink and thus dreamlink is simply a rebrand of formuler for sale in North America (formuler also receives updates before dreamlink for that very reason). This might be a rumour to you but I have actual confirmation aside from what has been circulated online. The only thing not confirmed at this point is the official release date.

Marley
10-18-2017, 02:11 PM
who cares sat is dead to me and iptv is safer for now i got rid of all my boxes now if you live in canada that a different thing but in states why

Munstah
10-18-2017, 08:54 PM
who cares sat is dead to me and iptv is safer for now i got rid of all my boxes now if you live in canada that a different thing but in states why

who was talking about sat?

Mano9423
10-18-2017, 11:25 PM
you do realize that Formuler makes the boxes for dreamlink and thus dreamlink is simply a rebrand of formuler for sale in North America (formuler also receives updates before dreamlink for that very reason). This might be a rumour to you but I have actual confirmation aside from what has been circulated online. The only thing not confirmed at this point is the official release date.

I'm completely aware of that.

My point was, in a previous post, I had hinted at a new Dreamlink box coming with the specs of the Z7+ and Captain deleted the post as a "rumour". Hence my initial reference to him not liking my rumours.

I understand that Dreamlink and Formuler are the same. I also realize that there will be a Dreamlink version of the Z7+. Perhaps that isn't just a rumour to you, but until there has been an official release, it is, technically, a rumour. The Formuler box has been announced and a release date has been given. So far as I can tell, the Dreamlink version of it has not gotten the same treatment, and I have searched quite diligently for it.

I'm sure when they are ready, Captain will update us. I'm sure the reason for the delay is to avoid potentially slowing sales of the existing T1+ boxes. Its smart business.

Capt.Kangaroo
10-18-2017, 11:50 PM
I'm completely aware of that.

My point was, in a previous post, I had hinted at a new Dreamlink box coming with the specs of the Z7+ and Captain deleted the post as a "rumour". Hence my initial reference to him not liking my rumours.

I understand that Dreamlink and Formuler are the same. I also realize that there will be a Dreamlink version of the Z7+. Perhaps that isn't just a rumour to you, but until there has been an official release, it is, technically, a rumour. The Formuler box has been announced and a release date has been given. So far as I can tell, the Dreamlink version of it has not gotten the same treatment, and I have searched quite diligently for it.

I'm sure when they are ready, Captain will update us. I'm sure the reason for the delay is to avoid potentially slowing sales of the existing T1+ boxes. Its smart business.
Thanks mano. Yes, Dreamlink will be releasing a new box in the next couple of months.I will update when they have something official to report.

crazy carl
10-18-2017, 11:56 PM
Thanks mano. Yes, Dreamlink will be releasing a new box in the next couple of months.I will update when they have something official to report.

Excellent.. This is pleasing news..tell your chums DOL3 only needs to cache their epg and they'll have a winner.

Capt.Kangaroo
10-19-2017, 12:06 AM
Excellent.. This is pleasing news..tell your chums DOL3 only needs to cache their epg and they'll have a winner.
Will pass along info, thanks crazy carl...:)

Mano9423
10-19-2017, 12:18 AM

I will look forward to it. Not sure why, but all things being equal, I would prefer the Dreamlink box to the Formuler box. So as long as there isn't going to be a big delay between the two, I will happily wait a bit for the Dreamlink.

Bkman2020
10-19-2017, 11:06 AM
Same as formuler they just going to change the logo

crazy carl
10-19-2017, 11:09 AM
Same as formuler they just going to change the logo

This isn't 100% is it..I mean the links lately have had their software updated first compared to Formuler. Also the logo is not the only difference between the Z Prime and the Plus..ascetics wise and the Formuler comes with a behind the tv mount in there package..

Bkman2020
10-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Im sure dreamlink will follow

divo77
10-24-2017, 05:09 PM

I did contact Formuler.Tv and they responded back to me with a (November 29th) release date for the Z7 +. I assume the power adapter will need to be changed out for any US consumers that wish to purchase it?

NBS
10-25-2017, 01:30 AM
This isn't 100% is it..I mean the links lately have had their software updated first compared to Formuler. Also the logo is not the only difference between the Z Prime and the Plus..ascetics wise and the Formuler comes with a behind the tv mount in there package..

Its the same person making and selling both