PDA

View Full Version : Update to latest firmware

Davy
09-26-2017, 08:14 PM
I’m trying to update to latest firmware and want to install using a usb stick because it is stuck on last firmware. Have tried factory install etc and when I try to load Dol2 it says to update to latest firmware to get it to work which I cannot do. Was advised to download onto usb and do it that way but can find where to download it to do this.
any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Capt.Kangaroo
09-26-2017, 08:20 PM
I’m trying to update to latest firmware and want to install using a usb stick because it is stuck on last firmware. Have tried factory install etc and when I try to load Dol2 it says to update to latest firmware to get it to work which I cannot do. Was advised to download onto usb and do it that way but can find where to download it to do this.
No to USB. read here

just curious but mine is saying checking for update and just spins for over half an hour.
never has had a problem updating before, don't see any way to bypass the update
will try again later, I know there has to be a lot of people updating since there is no choice

update:
tried unplugging t1 and tried again, that didn't work
tried turning off main power supply so router, modem, dreamlink could start up again and got a bad internet msg or provider msg
closed that box and saw the main menu
went to settings, system and saw an update msg and it loaded in less than a min

problem solved

robwill50
09-27-2017, 08:45 PM
I am having the same issue and do not see the update option as listed below by going into the settings. Did you get it updated?

floder2
09-27-2017, 09:26 PM
You can not install an update via USB....There are no public files for that...Company pushes updates to the boxes via internet............just keep trying to reboot box and go to settings and wait for the update