View Full Version : New System Firmware Version 2.7.76

Capt.Kangaroo
09-20-2017, 04:12 AM
Reboot Box for Update

System Firmware Release Notes:
-. General performance enhancements, UI improvements, and bug fixes
-. Improved Turkish translation

DOL2 Release Notes:
-. Local Timeshifting enabled (Requires USB drive)
Pause, Rewind Live TV!
Advanced and powerful PVR trick modes for smooth fast-forwarding and reverse
Press the Play button on the RCU to show the time shift play bar.
-. Channel Search enabled : Press the GREEN hotkey to search for channels by Channel Name
-. Added Playback Limit function for service operators
Service Operators: Set the Playback Limit parameter on the server to Limit the duration of continuous playback for a single stream.
Save bandwidth, electricity, and prevent screen burn-in with this feature.
-. Fixed portal login issues with certain portals
-. Fixed incorrect stream playback issue when zapping channels on certain portals
-. Fixed subtitle display issue with certain streams
-. Improved UX for multi-depth VOD contents (Series/Season/Episodes/etc)
-. Improved Channel List and Info Bar UX
-. Improved grid EPG performance
-. Improved support for user-downloaded audio codecs.
-. General performance enhancements, UI improvements, and bug fixes
-. Improved Russian translation

guygoy
09-20-2017, 05:17 PM
Great news but will ''timer'' for the recording of a future event will be enabled or only PVR option while watching live???

Thank you!:)

Capt.Kangaroo
09-21-2017, 06:48 AM
Great news but will ''timer'' for the recording of a future event will be enabled or only PVR option while watching live???

Thank you!:)
Not sure of your question but heres what I was told.
one thing that i can say we improved on scheduled recording while standby mode. While the set is off at standby more, it will start recording when it comes to the scheduled time.
And as always, when it comes to the scheduled moment while watching live TV, it will automatically move to the channels reserved and will start recording.

guygoy
09-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Sorry for my english my friend , i meant if only timeshift on PVR will work and not scheduled recordings but you just answer me perfectly...So on september 25th we'll be able to test scheduled recordings so that is exactly what i was hoping for!!!

THANK YOU for these precious informations...

(The french guy: guygoy)

dingdong1
09-21-2017, 01:33 PM
I've never been able to get the scheduled recording to work and hope this will correct that. The scheduled recording would show up on the Guide but just before the time of recording a notice would pop up asking if you wanted to change the channel. User interaction was required and if you don't respond the alert goes away and the recording never occured.

ermalebo
09-23-2017, 01:07 AM
Great list of improvements! Do you know if the issue of the EPG being empty on boot unless you pause as you scroll so it can populate will be fixed!

von101
09-24-2017, 07:50 PM
Yea i want to know too if this will fix the slow EPG

von101
09-24-2017, 08:17 PM
A future update should be the ability to remove categories in dOl2

paongak30
09-26-2017, 09:30 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a update for the Formuler Z Prime? I believe Formuler makes the units for Dreamlink so I hope they update the Formuler Z Prime. The main issue I have is basically when I try schedule recording it does not want to record once that time hits. A message pops up and I say okay but recording never starts for the schedule recording. Is there is fix for this or will there be a fix? Most the time I'm not home so this tool is what I needed most...

Mano9423
09-26-2017, 10:45 PM
Formuler should have gotten the same update. A guy who sells them on FB announced the same upcoming update a few days ago.

paongak30
09-26-2017, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know if the schedule recording works now at a future time? Not home yet to try and I use Vaders

Capt.Kangaroo
09-26-2017, 11:51 PM
Great list of improvements! Do you know if the issue of the EPG being empty on boot unless you pause as you scroll so it can populate will be fixed!
Epg is now faster/better. You still need to populate it just once

Bkman2020
09-26-2017, 11:53 PM
Epg sucks lots of blank spaces.

Capt.Kangaroo
09-26-2017, 11:56 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a update for the Formuler Z Prime? I believe Formuler makes the units for Dreamlink so I hope they update the Formuler Z Prime. The main issue I have is basically when I try schedule recording it does not want to record once that time hits. A message pops up and I say okay but recording never starts for the schedule recording. Is there is fix for this or will there be a fix? Most the time I'm not home so this tool is what I needed most...
The recording issue for z prime is being looked into. They are basically the same engine for both brands.
Will get back to you if I get info

Capt.Kangaroo
09-26-2017, 11:59 PM
Epg sucks lots of blank spaces.
Only blank spaces I have are non US channels. All others populate on NFPS anyway

bombz
09-27-2017, 01:08 AM
Not sure if this is service related or FW related. It seems channels are having a concern loading in DOL2 since FW update. I am leaning it is more service related but thought I'd post to see if there was any feedback regarding this concern
Thanks

Capt.Kangaroo
09-27-2017, 01:31 AM
Not sure if this is service related or FW related. It seems channels are having a concern loading in DOL2 since FW update. I am leaning it is more service related but thought I'd post to see if there was any feedback regarding this concern
Thanks
No issue here, using nfps. Have you had same trouble using DOL1?

bombz
09-27-2017, 02:01 AM
No issue here, using nfps. Have you had same trouble using DOL1?

I think it is server side tbh
I appreciate the follow-up

Mano9423
09-27-2017, 03:32 AM
Epg is now faster/better. You still need to populate it just once

When you say “populate”, you mean scroll through every page of the EPG and wait for each to populate, right?

I have a favs list of 200 channels that takes me roughly 10 mins to populate page by page. If thats how its always going to be, I can live with that, but it would be nice to know if Dreamlink will ever find a way to force populate the EPG in full either on startup or with a control setting.

guygoy
09-27-2017, 02:05 PM
Timeshift is working but scheduled recording with EPG still not working after latest update, i was hoping it would be available with this new firmware...:(

regional
09-27-2017, 03:14 PM
Hey im not sure whats going on but i did the update and the dol 2 app stopped working. so i factory reset my box now it has no dol2 app and i cant even access the market. Any ideas Captain?

Rwin
09-27-2017, 03:32 PM
update available Today for formuler Z , Z+ and Z premium (received on mine)

starfish
09-27-2017, 03:32 PM
Timeshift is working but scheduled recording with EPG still not working after latest update, i was hoping it would be available with this new firmware...

Agree - Timeshift kinda works but Scheduled Recording still doesn't and EPG is still slow to populate (although it does seem to remember what it has populated now)

Is it really that difficult to sort out the recording? And the EPG slowness...even Simple IPTV Client in Kodi does it in a few seconds on entry..!

regional
09-27-2017, 04:24 PM
Not sure what you did captain but we're back! thanks again, you are a master of your craft!

paongak30
09-27-2017, 05:09 PM
The recording issue for z prime is being looked into. They are basically the same engine for both brands.
Will get back to you if I get info

Please look into this! TBH, I do not understand this update when some of the major flaws are not corrected and fixed. The last update before this one was in July so that means we may need to wait another 3 months for the next update which I hope not.

As stated before and by others, scheduled recording with EPG still not working with the new update. Also, EPG is still low to populate and does not save what was populated. I am using Formuler Z Prime and I have been very disappointed with this device so far. I really hope a new update comes out in the next few days to fix these issues!

Does anyone out there have schedule recording working and if so how?

Bkman2020
09-27-2017, 07:23 PM
Well not all iptv providers support those features.

xster
09-27-2017, 08:15 PM
Hello all,

I notice new firmware description states this feature: "-. Channel Search enabled : Press the GREEN hotkey to search for channels by Channel Name"

Nevertheless, it does not seem to be able to search for channels. I do believe this feature would be a great asset! Any input.... or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

xster

Bkman2020
09-27-2017, 08:30 PM
Iptv providers need to step up to the plate and offer these features without updates.

gerardo66
09-28-2017, 09:44 AM
well
when i use the timeshift after pause and start is not from where i pause

Mano9423
09-28-2017, 12:55 PM
well
when i use the timeshift after pause and start is not from where i pause

Timeshifting has to be enabled with your provider. For me, the pause and rewind works perfectly on all timeshift enabled channels.

nsr500
09-28-2017, 07:37 PM
Hi

Only had my t1 plus for a week, am using flawless and it has been working fairly well but after the latest update I no longer have the channel picons , or it is populating many of the channel with either channel 5 picons or the BBC picon , was working just fine before the update , any ideas, if I could I would revert back to the previous firmware ..cheers

samshah
09-30-2017, 03:17 AM
Feedback to new update:
DOL2 is not running smooth as before. The picture freezes when switching channels and needs up or down to get good picture. The stream is not stable like before and it halts in loading sometime which needs again up and down that may work or not. Rebooting the box didn't solve the problem. I have the same Internet speed and sub as before the update that was working just fine. I love this box and want it to improve. Thanks to the developers.

Bkman2020
09-30-2017, 06:07 PM
Lots of features providers can enable but could be to server limitations.

gerardo66
10-01-2017, 08:32 AM
Lots of features providers can enable but could be to server limitations.

as now i tested 3 different provider all same issue

omegamike
10-05-2017, 09:02 AM
my t1 plus will not take the v2.7.76. it just keep on spinning. what can I do. I have 7 boxes. same thing

mike

Bkman2020
10-05-2017, 10:33 AM
reboot internet