PDA

View Full Version : EPG Guide Source for (Generic m3u w/Options) Playlists

kens
09-16-2017, 04:00 PM
EPG Guide compiled for channel ID matching of NFPS Generic m3u Playlists.
(*Not sure if Rocket and IPTV66 use the same Channel ID's, but give it a try!)

Use this URL address directly in your App,

hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_kens.xml
* Change hxxps to https

or click on the link below with a browser, then right click the resulting text in the browser window and then click "Save page as", and give it a name with an .xml file type.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_kens.xml

/kens

rickb863
09-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Works with IPTV66!! Great work.

tamoancha
09-19-2017, 05:55 PM
Buen trabajo, gracias...un saludo

node
09-23-2017, 11:44 AM
Confirm it works with Rocket. Thanks Kens great work.

qjack
09-24-2017, 01:20 PM
i have a subscription that works fine but no guide does this discussion above give u a tv guide

kens
09-27-2017, 04:39 PM
Yes it does.
The URL for the Guide is noted in Post#1
/kens

Cohlas
10-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Hi my reply hasn't posted - have done this for perfect player in my quest for UK EPG that has new format sly channels and when assigning the channels come up as numbers, is there 1) a URL for perfect player or 2) a way I can look up the numbers/ a key?

Cohlas
10-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Can I edit your playlist in a browser and delete channels and will it still load? My provider has basically stripped all non sport channels out (which is a pain)

kens
10-11-2017, 07:19 PM
You can edit "your" playlist with a text editor.
This Post is for a guide source that matches Channel ID's in the M3U Playlists provided by NFPS.
/kens
Otherwise, it is hard to understand what you are referring to.
This guide will work in Perfect Player(Android only)
PC Version is completely different... and it sucks because of the setup problem.

Cohlas
10-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Ok thanks, I am looking for an EPG URL to use - and assign channels but the channels come up as numbers not names like in a previous guide I use. So I can edit in notepad, save as an .XML? Then how do I reference the file from a fire stick? Upload online somewhere?

kens
10-13-2017, 02:52 PM
I dont know why with Perfect Player, you get Numbers for Ch. Identification.
You will normally get Numbers 1,2,3...etc, plus channel name - Sky Atlantic etc, + Channel Icon.
Watch Video Tutorial for PP here ->
"http://www.mediafire.com/file/nt5p5dvjlxq1wpo/PP_Android_NFPS_Tutorial.mp4"]http://www.mediafire.com/file/nt5p5dvjlxq1wpo/PP_Android_NFPS_Tutorial.mp4
Download & Play
/kens

Cohlas
10-13-2017, 11:46 PM
Thanks will do - the first EPG URL I used had channel names but the ones on this site show numbers.

Cohlas
10-15-2017, 02:32 PM
That video just shows auto assignment

I'm using another URL for the playlist, and when I use one of the epgs from this site, when I go to manually assign the channels show number so I have no way of knowing.

kens
10-15-2017, 04:59 PM
I only use playlists or URLs' , guide sources, and Programs that automatically assign everything properly.
Why would you want to assign every channel manually.
Every Service supported here "Should" come with a guide.
Providers better clue in to this, as users that provide a guide that they compile, usually get tired of having to do this.
/kens

Cohlas
10-15-2017, 05:09 PM
Yeah I wasn't aware of this site you see, until I'd purchased a playlist for 12 months.

I found a good EPG list that was easy to assign (and auto assigned 70% where the channels names were the same) however, like I mentioned they had the old Sly sports format. I'm perplexed as to why the two links here didn't auto assign to my playlist or show channel names when manual assign. I tried to guess numbers from the XML but I didn't get it right.

Cohlas
10-17-2017, 05:30 PM
What are the channel identifiers ? 89362 shows on the XML as sky sports premier league on the XML link, but when the EPG loads there isn't such a number

Cohlas
10-17-2017, 06:02 PM
got it! was hard to view on a mobile.

its the smaller numbers i.e. isplay-name>427</display-name> is BT SPORT 1

Cohlas
10-17-2017, 06:17 PM
Although can't find Sky Sports Arena, Sky Sports Football or BT Sport ESPN

expatter
10-21-2017, 05:37 PM
got it! was hard to view on a mobile.

its the smaller numbers i.e. isplay-name>427</display-name> is BT SPORT 1

The 5 digit numbers are channel IDs from Schedules Direct and the 3 or 4 digit numbers are channel numbers. Perfect Player seems to assign the guide data from the last line in the channel display field, whereas other apps, such as Kodi Simple Client PVR, pull from the top line. It just depends on the format used by the person pulling the guide data as to how this info is output. The users here that are sharing their guides pull in different formats, which is why some channels don't auto assign in Perfect Player. If you look at each of the 3 guides being shared on the forum in a browser, you will see this. Channels missing guide data are because the person pulling the data didn't include that channel in their pull. Each of the guides offered on this forum are slightly different as to content pulled, none of them are necessarily complete. Users pull data based on their own criteria and are nice enough to share. Hope that helps.