PDA

View Full Version : backup/restore

bigzboss
05-19-2015, 10:19 PM
hey guys,i need to know if i can take a backup from my m8 android and do a restore (clone) to my other m8 box,so i dont have to keep setting up my other boxes manually and my relatives and friends box.i tried briefly using the back up i have saved to a usb stick using the usb sd card wizard but it did not detect my stick.i set it to find the usb in the path but when it asks me to click ok its not highlighted and does nothing.itried another program called backup and i tried the backup and restore in my apps, and none found the usb containg the file.also the other boxes (stb"s )dont have a download section yet, i think it puts it on the box after the first backup to the box.if this can be done it would make my life easier trying to help myself and others.any thoughts on how i can do this.thanks

Kimbo
05-19-2015, 11:18 PM
First both boxes must have the same Kodi/XBMC version, install backup/restore program then go to the settings of this program and make sure you route it to your flash drive, also click on everything that you want to back up. once this is done go ahead and back up. take the flash drive to your other box and download the back up restore program then routed it in the settings to the flash drive. Click everything that you want install and proceed to do a restore.

Kimbo
05-19-2015, 11:21 PM
here is the video http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2088-How-to-Back-Up-and-Restore-Kodi-Settings-Addons-video

Marley
05-19-2015, 11:23 PM
heck i use same back up on all my different boxes some i just need to reload the app if not working on few

Kimbo
05-19-2015, 11:49 PM
Me too, I do a backup once a month on the main box and update the others every now and then.