PDA

View Full Version : How to add Favorites on my Tv ?

montell
09-11-2017, 11:19 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the great forum.

I would like to add favorites to my Kodi 17.4 Krypton using my remote control on my TV? but I can't see how?
Please advise.

Thanks

NBS
09-12-2017, 12:22 PM
favourite what?
folders? apps? etc
please be more specific

Munstah
09-12-2017, 02:23 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the great forum.

I would like to add favorites to my Kodi 17.4 Krypton using my remote control on my TV? but I can't see how?
Please advise.

Thanks

You may get an answer posting that over in kodi section. This thread is more so for the global media box itself.

montell
09-12-2017, 08:34 PM
I mean I can't add any scenes from any of my Kodi addons to the Kodi's favorites.
As far as posting in Kodi section, this is the issue with Global Media box, and not Kodi.

favourite what?
folders? apps? etc
please be more specific

Munstah
09-12-2017, 11:17 PM
If you hold the okay button it'll give you the drop down menu with add favourites option. It's kodi functionality thus the same regardless of device.

montell
09-12-2017, 11:44 PM
Thanks Munstah, but this Kodi 17.4 Krypton is a different beast.
I'll try it when I get home and get back to you :)
Cause I tried everything possible, but Global Media box does not give me right click where I used to see Favorites ?! I mean when I press Menu nothing happens, and Back will take me out of the addon and ofcourse pressing Home...will take me all the way back...so there is no button on the remote that will help me add favorites of the scene I would like to add to my fav ?!!

If you hold the okay button it'll give you the drop down menu with add favourites option. It's kodi functionality thus the same regardless of device.

Munstah
09-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Thanks Munstah, but this Kodi 17.4 Krypton is a different beast.
I'll try it when I get home and get back to you :)
Cause I tried everything possible, but Global Media box does not give me right click where I used to see Favorites ?! I mean when I press Menu nothing happens, and Back will take me out of the addon and ofcourse pressing Home...will take me all the way back...so there is no button on the remote that will help me add favorites of the scene I would like to add to my fav ?!!

holding okay button in lieu of menu button/right click has been around since XBMC days. There have always been boxes on the market with remotes lacking an actual menu button like nvidia shield.

montell
09-14-2017, 02:32 AM
I have tried everything on this remote, and no button seems to let me add favorites in my Kodi ?!

holding okay button in lieu of menu button/right click has been around since XBMC days. There have always been boxes on the market with remotes lacking an actual menu button like nvidia shield.

Munstah
09-14-2017, 03:46 AM
I don't use the default remote on any of my boxes except my nvidia shield. I just threw some batteries in my global box remote and added a tv show to my favourites list in kodi no problem so not sure what the issue is on your end. The menu button does not work on the remote so holding okay brings up context menu where 'add favourites' option can be found. I also tried on 3 other global boxes just now and all seemed to work just fine.

montell
09-14-2017, 03:57 AM
Thanks Munstah. Could you please tell me what buttons you clicked on your Global media box remote control to get your favorites?
"and added a tv show to my favourites list in kodi no problem so not sure what the issue is on your end" .

I don't use the default remote on any of my boxes except my nvidia shield. I just threw some batteries in my global box remote and added a tv show to my favourites list in kodi no problem so not sure what the issue is on your end. The menu button does not work on the remote so holding okay brings up context menu where 'add favourites' option can be found. I also tried on 3 other global boxes just now and all seemed to work just fine.

NBS
09-14-2017, 02:06 PM
Thanks Munstah. Could you please tell me what buttons you clicked on your Global media box remote control to get your favorites?
"and added a tv show to my favourites list in kodi no problem so not sure what the issue is on your end" .

He explained how he did it

montell
09-14-2017, 08:11 PM
"holding okay brings up context menu where 'add favourites' option can be found".
Holding okay button does not do anything for my remote? the only thing I see is the "option" on the left bottom corner that does not have any Favorite option in it.

montell
09-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Hi fellows,

Its working now :)

Thanks a lot to everyone....kudos to you all :)