PDA

View Full Version : Just Got my Global Media Box...but :(((

montell
09-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I just got my Global Media box and connected to my HDMI cable and all I get is "No Signal". The Global box is turned on with the clock showing....but all I get is "No Signal" ?!
While my T1 was connected to the same HDMI cable and worked fine.....what's going on?

Help Please.

thanks

NBS
09-08-2017, 09:56 PM
what is displayed on tv?

montell
09-08-2017, 10:03 PM
TV just says " No Signal "
but on the box: clock is on reading 17:03 and LAN and HDMI is read on the screen of the box

montell
09-08-2017, 10:12 PM
FYI: I have used both the HDMI cables that came with the Global box and other HDMI cables that I have and both are working fine on T1.
Its so weird.....

montell
09-08-2017, 10:25 PM
Sorry, what are rca cables? and where do I hook them up to? nothing like that came with the box, only hdmi and power supply.

Is it possible for you to hook up rca cables temporarily?

NBS
09-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Sorry, what are rca cables? and where do I hook them up to? nothing like that came with the box, only hdmi and power supply.

sorry disregard the old model had rca This one doesnt
Is your tv 720?

montell
09-08-2017, 11:00 PM
I have a Samsung that is few years old but again works fine with T1? why do u ask?

NBS
09-08-2017, 11:03 PM
wondering if tv was at 720 and box at 1080

montell
09-08-2017, 11:07 PM
but all other boxes I have work fine, I have tried them all right now and they are fine....its just this one...?!
why is box ON, but no Signal ?!!

montell
09-08-2017, 11:10 PM
sorry man, but I am going to send it back...what a mistake :((
I will write about this box and warn people before doing what I did....the last 2 hrs its been hell....going thru so much, pulling my hair out...:((

NBS
09-08-2017, 11:15 PM
but all other boxes I have work fine, I have tried them all right now and they are fine....its just this one...?!
why is box ON, but no Signal ?!!

have you tried different dispay settings?

montell
09-08-2017, 11:19 PM
NBS, Did you hear back from the makers of the box yet?
thanks

montell
09-08-2017, 11:20 PM
have you tried different dispay settings?

what do you mean by display settings?

NBS
09-08-2017, 11:24 PM
what do you mean by display settings?

your tv menu has display settings

montell
09-08-2017, 11:27 PM
but the display settings are for
backlit,contrast,brightness,sharpness, color and so forth...what's that to do with "no signal" ?

NBS
09-08-2017, 11:43 PM
Is your tv 720?

montell
09-08-2017, 11:44 PM
Sorry but where can I check that ? cause my TV Menu only gives me Picture quality, sound, language...where would it show 720 or 1080 ?

Is your tv 720?

crazed 9.6
09-08-2017, 11:48 PM
Unplug the box from power.
Unplug any USB connections to the box. Unplug the ethernet cable.
Then power up the box with only the HDMI connected and check results.
If it does start the boot up and does get to the Global Splash screen and then locks up, just wait a minute and it should continue with the boot up procedure and once that happens, connect the Ethernet cable and check in menus that the internet connection is seen.

ANd please do not get to the point where you are threating to tell the world that the box is no good. That simply is not the truth.
Maybe you got a bad box that mighta been looked after by a tech that was having a very bad Monday or something....but that does not mean that all boxes are bad

:)

NBS
09-08-2017, 11:49 PM
google the model number would be fastest,not sure where in menu it is

montell
09-08-2017, 11:52 PM
With all due respect crazed, I have been at this since 1 pm and I don't get a "signal" on the TV so I never get to see a menu to do other things...?!! I have tried the same HDMI cable with T1,,,and works fine....its no threat by the way, its informing others, thats all my good friend.

Unplug the box from power.
Unplug any USB connections to the box. Unplug the ethernet cable.
Then power up the box with only the HDMI connected and check results.
If it does start the boot up and does get to the Global Splash screen and then locks up, just wait a minute and it should continue with the boot up procedure and once that happens, connect the Ethernet cable and check in menus that the internet connection is seen.

ANd please do not get to the point where you are threating to tell the world that the box is no good. That simply is not the truth.
Maybe you got a bad box that mighta been looked after by a tech that was having a very bad Monday or something....but that does not mean that all boxes are bad

:)

crazed 9.6
09-09-2017, 12:02 AM
I too have this Global box and it did give me a bit of the same trouble once (no signal to TV thru HDMI).
But after disconnecting the HDD USB which I had already connected and the ethernet was also disconnected and then powering the box back up, it did boot up normal and showed the splash screen on the TV (the signal from the box to the receiver was there)

montell
09-09-2017, 12:07 AM
You were lucky Boss, this one got a Bad Bug that does not want to do that, cause I did what you just advised and still I get No Signal and No Picture ?!! :(

I too have this Global box and it did give me a bit of the same trouble once (no signal to TV thru HDMI).
But after disconnecting the HDD USB which I had already connected and the ethernet was also disconnected and then powering the box back up, it did boot up normal and showed the splash screen on the TV (the signal from the box to the receiver was there)

crazed 9.6
09-09-2017, 12:11 AM
try this..
Plug a USB drive into the Global box.. does not matter what the USB is, anyone will do for this purpose.

Then power up the box, then with it powerd up, unplug that drive. Then power off the box and then try again for results (with no USB drive connected this time).

We just want to confuse the box enough to get it to start its boot up procedure and give a signal thru HDMI

montell
09-09-2017, 12:25 AM
Thanks Crazed, I really appreciate your help mate, its weird cause its as if the TV does NOT even recognize the box and makes no recognitions?!!
I tried what you just said and still I am getting no picture and only thing on TV screen is " No Signal", while the Global box is turned on with blue light -->booted---> clock showing 19:24 and next to the clock in small letters say LAN and HDMI .

try this..
Plug a USB drive into the Global box.. does not matter what the USB is, anyone will do for this purpose.

Then power up the box, then with it powerd up, unplug that drive. Then power off the box and then try again for results (with no USB drive connected this time).

We just want to confuse the box enough to get it to start its boot up procedure and give a signal thru HDMI

montell
09-09-2017, 12:55 AM
Thanks fellows, but I am sending this box back.
I am already appreciating my T1 and how good its been and how easy its to use with no Headache :)
Thanks T1 team for proving once again that your Box is the BEST out there and we should not get excited and order just any box.
I learned from my experience but please make sure what you're getting into before buying, cause this Global media box company does NOT do refund .....and I don't care I am sending it back and they can keep my money !!

NBS
09-09-2017, 01:01 AM
c and p from allaccess
What happens if I send my unit in under Warranty and there's nothing wrong with it?

Once we receive the unit it goes directly to our IT Department who will put it through some pretty rigorous testing.
If we determine that there is something wrong with your box we will either fix it or exchange it for a new unit and ship it back to you at our cost.
If there is nothing wrong with it, or it doesn't fall under warranty we will still ship it back to you but you will be responsible for return shipping.

I don't like my box, can I return it for a refund?

Due to the nature of the products we sell unfortunately we cannot accept returns or issue refunds. If there is an issue with your box you can send it in for Warranty - please see warranty terms above.

montell
09-09-2017, 01:07 AM
Thanks NBS for taking your valuable time and get that info for us, I really appreciate it.
But I am not crazy, the Box does not work...I have 2 other boxes that work perfectly with this TV, why this one is driving me crazy ?!!
To me that is a big red flag from a company that treats their customers this way....and don't forget in this bussiness its the word of mouth and for sure I will make sure all my buddies and relatives hear about their policies :)

c and p from allaccess
What happens if I send my unit in under Warranty and there's nothing wrong with it?

Once we receive the unit it goes directly to our IT Department who will put it through some pretty rigorous testing.
If we determine that there is something wrong with your box we will either fix it or exchange it for a new unit and ship it back to you at our cost.
If there is nothing wrong with it, or it doesn't fall under warranty we will still ship it back to you but you will be responsible for return shipping.

I don't like my box, can I return it for a refund?

Due to the nature of the products we sell unfortunately we cannot accept returns or issue refunds. If there is an issue with your box you can send it in for Warranty - please see warranty terms above.

NBS
09-09-2017, 01:10 AM
Thanks NBS for taking your valuable time and get that info for us, I really appreciate it.
But I am not crazy, the Box does not work...I have 2 other boxes that work perfectly with this TV, why this one is driving me crazy ?!!
To me that is a big red flag from a company that treats their customers this way....and don't forget in this bussiness its the word of mouth and for sure I will make sure all my buddies and relatives hear about their policies :)
Treats their customers what way? As they state if there is something wrong with it they will ship it back or replace it
How the hell is that a red flag?

montell
09-09-2017, 01:26 AM
Sorry NBS, but in my book to treat your customers right, they should also make it an option to refund the money and when they don't....there's something wrong ?! Sorry man I have bought enough of these boxes to appreciate a good policy versus not. Besides, if they sold me a box that worked I won't be ruining my Friday (day off) with my kids crying over my shoulders instead I have to deal with this BOX......

Treats their customers what way? As they state if there is something wrong with it they will ship it back or replace it
How the hell is that a red flag?

NBS
09-09-2017, 01:33 AM
what companies do that?

montell
09-09-2017, 01:35 AM
To be honest with you, I don't know and you know why my good friend cause their product was functional with no bug in it that would drive me all crazy all afternoon !!

what companies do that?

NBS
09-09-2017, 01:38 AM
To be honest with you, I don't know and you know why my good friend cause their product was functional with no bug in it that would drive me all crazy all afternoon !!

you need to chill out

montell
09-09-2017, 01:40 AM
hey man, I have a high respect for you and I appreciate your time and care.
So thank you for all you do for us around this great forum and God bless you and your family for that.

you need to chill out

montell
09-09-2017, 03:55 AM
OMG....I GOT IT TO WORK :)))))))

except I want to add my iptv to it and all I see is 3 spots...how can I add more iptv spots please?

btw, I am sorry for being a complete ASS, but I connected it directly to the TV instead of going thru a HDMI Divider?!!! who would have thought of that?!!! lol.......please make me happy and tell me how I can add 10 iptvs to my list and not just 3.....and do I have to use Mytv or like T1 be seperate? also how does mytv picks port 1 and not 2 or 3 ?
I would like to thank my good and patient friends NBS and Crazed for being the ultimate of niceness and kindness and please accept my apologies....I will make it up to you guys with lotta beers :)
but now I got to figure out how to get rid off this My TV ?!! cause I like it like T1 :)

crazed 9.6
09-09-2017, 04:22 AM
well honestly montel, you should have thought of the HDMI switch as a possible cause of that grief. We pretty much came to the conclusion that the signal was not reaching the TV from the receiver. Only you knew about the Switch involved :eek:

I have had issues with them HDMI Switches both ways.
One of my avovs will not work on one of my TVs without that Switch. While other devices do not work with that Switch at all.
Thing about them Switches is that when they loose the signal they will automatically disconnect that port at the Switch and try another port thru that Switch. When an iptv receiver is in the boot up process, the signal is lost at the start and at end of the process, and if that Switch is still looking for a port with another device powered up, then it may or may never aquire the IPTV devices signal .... so them Switches are never really ideal in an IPTV application (especially a basic switch with no frills attached).
Except my avov of course, it needs that Switch :)

I have not yet looked at the iptv menu as yet... I am slow on the ball sometimes :)
Always busy with work or other devices or etc.. etc...
Right now I just got in from my garage where I am changing out a transmission on my chevy truck. There was lots of cussing going on in that garage tonight :)

montell
09-09-2017, 04:35 AM
I now know better not to use a Hub :(
Sorry about your transmission, mine died after 30 k cause the mrs drives crazy :)
where can I find a good video tutroial on Global Media Box cause there was none on youtube ?!
Thanks again Boss :)

well honestly montel, you should have thought of the HDMI switch as a possible cause of that grief. We pretty much came to the conclusion that the signal was not reaching the TV from the receiver. Only you knew about the Switch involved :eek:

I have had issues with them HDMI Switches both ways.
One of my avovs will not work on one of my TVs without that Switch. While other devices do not work with that Switch at all.
Thing about them Switches is that when they loose the signal they will automatically disconnect that port at the Switch and try another port thru that Switch. When an iptv receiver is in the boot up process, the signal is lost at the start and at end of the process, and if that Switch is still looking for a port with another device powered up, then it may or may never aquire the IPTV devices signal .... so them Switches are never really ideal in an IPTV application (especially a basic switch with no frills attached).
Except my avov of course, it needs that Switch :)

I have not yet looked at the iptv menu as yet... I am slow on the ball sometimes :)
Always busy with work or other devices or etc.. etc...
Right now I just got in from my garage where I am changing out a transmission on my chevy truck. There was lots of cussing going on in that garage tonight :)

crazed 9.6
09-09-2017, 04:50 AM
there are 3 portals available thru the My TV app
This app is not the same as the T1 MYTV-Online app

IPTV can be run thru that app or thru an application like Potato TV (thru Kodi)

Will try and get a Tips and Tricks and Functions Sticky posted up soon for this Media Box

I have noticed a few things that are interesting.
Such as when scrolling thru movies from a connected External Hard Drive , the movie not yet selected but highlited will start a preview shown in a small box on screen.. which is pretty cool :)
Exiting Kodi is super fast, not like many other iptv android boxes.

Will try and get a sticky for this up soon.

montell
09-09-2017, 04:56 AM
Thanks Crazed for your time coming in tired off the garage and still have the energy talking to me :)
I really appreciate it.
I was told that Global box will be able to accomodate up to 10 iptv spots ?!
where can I get the Potato TV from?

Many thanks again

there are 3 portals available thru the My TV app
This app is not the same as the T1 MYTV-Online app

IPTV can be run thru that app or thru an application like Potato TV (thru Kodi)

Will try and get a Tips and Tricks and Functions Sticky posted up soon for this Media Box

I have noticed a few things that are interesting.
Such as when scrolling thru movies from a connected External Hard Drive , the movie not yet selected but highlited will start a preview shown in a small box on screen.. which is pretty cool :)
Exiting Kodi is super fast, not like many other iptv android boxes.

Will try and get a sticky for this up soon.

crazed 9.6
09-09-2017, 04:57 AM
I have saw that you have another current thread open, with these and some other questions.
That is the right thing to do. Your questions will be addressed better in their own thread from start and possibly help others.

we will close this one up now

thnx:)

Potato TV has a forum here on iptvTalk.org .. check that out for more options.