PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Tobe Hooper

ilan
08-28-2017, 12:34 AM
Hollywood quickly mourned the passing of Tobe Hooper, director of horror classics such as "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Poltergeist."

The horror-meister died Saturday at age 74, just one month after another legend of the genre, "Night of the Living Dead" series creator George A. Romero.

"Sad to hear the passing of Tobe Hooper," tweeted James Wan, director of "Saw" and "The Conjuring." "One of the nicest people. A sweet, gentle soul of a man. Your legacy lives on."

Another director, Edgar Wright, tweeted, "He conjured some truly shattering, unforgettable moments in film."

And Scott Derrickson hailed the late filmmaker as "the king of transgressive horror."

More tributes...

Very sad to hear of the passing of Tobe Hooper, another master of horror. He conjured some truly shattering, unforgettable moments in film. pic.twitter.com/6Kxw0gURzF
-- edgarwright (@edgarwright) August 27, 2017

Sad to hear the passing of Tobe Hooper. One of the nicest people. A sweet, gentle soul of a man. Your legacy lives on. #RIP
-- James Wan (@creepypuppet) August 27, 2017

#RIP Tobe Hooper
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre - Outtakes (1974) pic.twitter.com/uCw5qvIpW1
-- 41 Strange (@41Strange) August 27, 2017

Goodbye Tobe Hooper, the king of transgressive horror. pic.twitter.com/JtkwqntxUs
-- Scott Derrickson (@scottderrickson) August 27, 2017

Aww, man. Another legend has passed. So long, Tobe Hooper.
-- Elijah Wood (@elijahwood) August 27, 2017

Oh no. R.I.P. Tobe Hooper. Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of the coolest & most terrifying movies ever made. It crawls inside & stays.
-- Kumail Nanjiani (@kumailn) August 27, 2017

RIP Tobe Hooper! The Saw is Family! https://t.co/1mATuP2KRI pic.twitter.com/70VEcssiS5
-- KevinSmith (@ThatKevinSmith) August 27, 2017

Capt.Kangaroo
08-28-2017, 04:34 AM
R.I.P. Sir, you entertained many....:(

Kimbo
08-28-2017, 03:12 PM
R.I.P legendary.....