PDA

View Full Version : can someone explain what i am missing by not having an iptv receiver ?

2wire
05-17-2015, 03:24 PM
long story short , had rocket sub for last couple yrs ,let it run out this yr and did not renew as I found I was watching my fire tv box way more ,now seems like from im reading for iptv , its running from iptv stalker ,well I get that on my fire tv box ,works great and i like aaa streams also ,don't watch ton of diff channels ,im in Canada ,like sports ,news,some diff shows , like I said these channels seem to work great and pic is good and seems very little down time on them if any ,so what am I missing by not subbing to iptv and getting a receiver ,I deff would if its worth it , can someone explain .also is there a channel list to look it that u get on these receivers

Marley
05-17-2015, 03:28 PM
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2701-NFPS-Channel-List-(with-resolution)

jjjackson
05-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Simple, a S**T load of new channels.

gtech1
05-22-2015, 04:21 PM
Simple, a S**T load of new channels.

International channels that is.

dara
05-22-2015, 04:54 PM
long story short , had rocket sub for last couple yrs ,let it run out this yr and did not renew as I found I was watching my fire tv box way more ,now seems like from im reading for iptv , its running from iptv stalker ,well I get that on my fire tv box ,works great and i like aaa streams also ,don't watch ton of diff channels ,im in Canada ,like sports ,news,some diff shows , like I said these channels seem to work great and pic is good and seems very little down time on them if any ,so what am I missing by not subbing to iptv and getting a receiver ,I deff would if its worth it , can someone explain .also is there a channel list to look it that u get on these receivers

You currently won't get any more channels on a dedicated iptv box than you would through the Kodi add-ons, and we won't know until NFPS/Rocket goes 'pay' that you will be able to use anything else but a dedicated box. I think the only real advantage of a dedicated box maybe ease of use, and faster access with less buffering, but all solutions using the service do basically the same thing... access links to an internet stream. In some cases, streams may not be seen if the server is sending out a format that isn't recognized, and that is more likely in a older box that isn't supported by the maker. Some people can't figure out how to install software, or maintain their stuff, so a receiver is more appropriate, although limiting.

2wire
05-22-2015, 11:05 PM
ok tks dara ,think ill wait it out to see how it goes before I buy any iptv or receiver , very happy with my fire tv box with stalker on it right now ,was not sure if what I had on my box was the same as what there selling for iptv ,why I asked my question .