PDA

View Full Version : DOL2 deletes EPG Guide Cache when you exit the App - and have to rebuild it again

vulcan195
08-17-2017, 12:48 AM
Wish DOL2 had a way to cache the EPG guide. Everytime you exit and return - it has to repopulate all over again. Bummer.

jjwerrett
08-25-2017, 07:10 PM
i have to agree here it is annoying sometimes, wish there was a way the app was able to store the epg guide data that is downloaded, or automatically when the app is launched it downloads the data required to update the epg and cross checks it with current epg so only updates say the next day required etc :p

Mano9423
08-26-2017, 11:37 AM
This is truly the only issue I have with this box now. Maybe CaptainKangaroo can shed some light on whether this is something the Dreamlink team is working on for the future? Surely they are aware of the problem. Other boxes are able to download the EPG info on startup, heck even kodi does it! If Dreamlink can ever make that happen on these boxes, it would be the perfect box.

segadude
09-04-2017, 03:48 AM
I find the same issue. I wish DOL would download full epg on load rather than waiting for epg to load page by page

jjwerrett
09-04-2017, 01:44 PM
lets hope this happens on the next update as dont seem hear much about updates for the box as all goes quiet then it a waiting game lol

ermalebo
09-23-2017, 01:52 AM
Very much hoping this is fixed in the Sept 25 update. I only have two issues with the Dreamlink:
1. This EPG caching issue.
2. An issue where you can’t stop a stream without exiting DOL2. This makes an awkward workflow for non-IPTV users who only want to turn off the tv and turn on the tv. In my house, if they turn off the actual tv, the iptv stream continues to play on the Dreamlink, wasting hours of bandwidth. Turning on the Dreamlink should instantly start the last channel (not from boot). Turning off should stop the stream without exiting DOL so a user does not have to re-enter the app on start.

ermalebo
09-26-2017, 04:50 PM
I can confirm this issue has not been resolved with the 2.7.76 update. This is a huge point of friction - an EPG that doesn't show content unless you constantly stop and wait as you scroll to let it populate. Reboot and you have to do it again.

I would be great if Dreamlink could indicate if they have a plan to resolve this issue or simply cannot.

Bkman2020
09-26-2017, 07:54 PM
Provider has control over epg.

gregg1110
09-26-2017, 08:25 PM
Provider has control to a certain extent....i have 3 android boxes and they both load the epg fully and its cached....works fine. Dreamlink definitely had a problem with the slow EPG loading that is not provider related.

NBS
09-26-2017, 09:33 PM
the epg is a dreamlink issue Global box and buzz load instantly

Mano9423
09-26-2017, 10:50 PM
Provider has control over epg.

No, provider controls the content of the EPG. The box programmers control how the EPG is loaded to the box and whether it is stored.

As was mentioned, I wish the DL team would just acknowledge the issue and update us on whether its fixable or not. If they are working on it...great! I can be patient. If it can’t be fixed, I can live with that too. Just want to know which it is!

veronicas
09-28-2017, 09:43 AM
This has NOTHING to do with the IPTV provider.

I run all the boxes basically, and the Dreamlink is the only box that doesn't cache the entire EPG listings upon loading the stalker server.

Almost every one I have spoken to has mentioned how they don't like that. Why not cache the whole thing on boot, then update the guide every 25-40 minutes in the background for any changes/new programs. But yeah it doesn't matter the server, this is a box issue.

Capt.Kangaroo
09-28-2017, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the Feedback guys.
I asked them about this issue and they said, "we will take top priority on EPG cache issue."

Mano9423
09-28-2017, 03:52 PM
I asked them about this issue and they said, "we will take top priority on EPG cache issue."

That’s exciting Captain! Thank you.

As I mentioned in the update thread, there seems to be a cache of some kind happening now as I’ve had EPG population on startup the past two mornings. It does seem a bit inconsistent though and having the ability to force a full download of the EPG instead of scrolling page by page would be ideal!

Thanks again for the update!

bilago
10-16-2017, 05:09 AM

Any update on this? New user here and I find it frustrating trying to watch TV when the EPG says No information for everything unless I sit at a channel for 20-30 seconds...

delavoie
11-24-2017, 03:27 PM
I recently purchased the Dreamlink T1 Plus... I love the box, the guide is awesome,, it's the closest thing to a real provider STB.
The only thing that is driving me nuts right now is the "no information" in the guide. Yes I know if you wait 5 sec that page in the guide will populate, but this is super frustrating.
Is there any solution in the works? I have 2 months to return this box, if the guide stays this way, unfortunately I think i'll be returning the Dreamlink and trying something else.

psycon
11-25-2017, 05:12 AM
word on on the street is there will be an update in a few months that will allow the box to use the other API available to it.
This means full epg will load on launch, and will also load full VOD library instead of one page at a time as you scroll through the pages.

they tried making the epg poll the full list using MAG api, but this resulted in triggering servers anti-ddos stuff as it loads channel by channel making several requests over and over (multiply that by every user and its a night mare)..
instead of making a workaround/bandaid fix, they are doing better and rebuild from the ground up using the new API.

thats what a little birdie told me anyways, so we'll have to wait and see

crazy carl
11-25-2017, 12:30 PM
word on on the street is there will be an update in a few months that will allow the box to use the other API available to it.
This means full epg will load on launch, and will also load full VOD library instead of one page at a time as you scroll through the pages.

they tried making the epg poll the full list using MAG api, but this resulted in triggering servers anti-ddos stuff as it loads channel by channel making several requests over and over (multiply that by every user and its a night mare)..
instead of making a workaround/bandaid fix, they are doing better and rebuild from the ground up using the new API.

thats what a little birdie told me anyways, so we'll have to wait and see

This is a big one

marcm
12-07-2017, 02:33 PM
I hope it is fixed soon. Having to wait about 3-5 seconds per page is making the DOL2 EPG too painful for me to use. Find myself using the Dreamlink less because of this.

kens
12-07-2017, 06:25 PM
You could stop using DOL and load kodi with potatoTV.
You will lose recording but you get a great guide supplied by external sources.
/kens