PDA

View Full Version : MAG256 help blue screen

johnny751
08-16-2017, 07:48 PM
hi guys need some help with the mag 256 it was working great then on sunday night i turned it on got the logo screen after that just a blue screen if I press the red button on the remote to turn off the box the blue screen goes away for a split second and I can see the iptv channels then the box goes off, switching it back on i have my iptv channels just no sound have changed hdmi i have reset default settings tried different tv still no joy its really doing my head in need help
cheers

Ben1
08-22-2017, 02:37 AM
I to had the same problem but it seems nobody knows anything about. I found that the box will work with an rca cables but picture quality is terrible. I can't seem to figur out what it might be.

shaf4706
08-23-2017, 01:54 AM
Go inside the inner portal to video and check the that it is not sitting on pal. Change the correct resolution.
To go directly to inner portal
-unplug power from the box
-Plug back power and in 5 sec hold down menu button which will force to go to inner portal.
-select system settings
-select video

veronicas
08-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Go inside the inner portal to video and check the that it is not sitting on pal. Change the correct resolution.
To go directly to inner portal
-unplug power from the box
-Plug back power and in 5 sec hold down menu button which will force to go to inner portal.
-select system settings
-select video

Good advise! I recommend what shaf4706 said in his post. Other things to try - new HDMI cable, new HDMI port on TV, make sure TV is turned on before booting the box up.

Other than the resolution/video region setting mentioned above, my only question is - where did you buy the box from specifically?

MickF
12-30-2017, 09:49 PM
Hi. I had the same issue. I contacted the supplier who didn't want to know. I hadn't tried to use the box for a couple of months after buying it as I was using a Technomate 5402 which had a few months left on my subscription. I ended up wasting a years subscription with the supplier of the Mag 256 who refuses to acknowledge that it was never used on his portal despite my having paid for it. When I got too persistent he just stopped answering my queries. I raised the matter with Infomir who asked me to return the box directly to them. They replaced the main board under warranty ant it's been perfect since. I have since paid for an IPTV subscription fromthe company that looked after my Technomate system. It's my first time using a Mag 256 with IPTV and I'm very impressed with the speed.