PDA

View Full Version : Can't get Potato TV working

mavblues
08-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Followed the directions in both the video and the "how to" post over 3 days, (which are slightly different) with no luck.

Info:
Windows 10 PC
Kodi 17, no PVR client
Downloaded Potato repository zip
Installed repository
Installed Simple IPTV simple plugins player (in repository under services) and enabled
Installed Potato TV
Configured Potato TV with my info (IPTV portal, MAC, and donation #) Note: I am on NFPS portal 4. For the MAC, I used the mac on the portal, which is for my AVOV box. I also tried using the MAC prefix for Kodi (00:1A:78), with the last 6 from the AVOV. Also tried completely removing the MAC and just using the donation number by itelf.
When I startup Potato TV, I get an Anthrax heavy metal song, and when i back out of that, I only see two dots in Potato TV. No menu, no settings (like in the video), and no channels.

Not sure if it is a problem with the Potato TV addon (since I don't see the settings after setup like in the video), my mac settings, or if something is wrong with PVR settings in Kodi. I would think if my info was wrong in Potato TV, I should still get the settings menu within Potato TV after setup, even if it can't connect to the NFPS portal. I did notice that under information for IPTV simple plugins player, the "run" button is greyed out even though it's enabled.

Is there another PVR client I'm supposed to have installed?

TIA for any suggestions.

jony604
08-11-2017, 05:14 PM
go to papiao tv and check what mac is paired with your code
then use that and i think it has to be 00:1A:78 enable pvr simple client and nothing elss
then on potato clear cashes + pvr client and you should be working

mavblues
08-11-2017, 05:49 PM
Disregard my original post.

Out of frustration, I completely uninstalled Kodi (since it had updated several times since the initial install and lots of addons are no longer valid).

Once I reinstalled Kodi, I was able to get it working. Still playing with it, but I have channels now and a settings menu.

Phill
08-22-2017, 09:51 PM
I'm yet to get mine working it says mac error

ilan
08-23-2017, 02:48 PM
Check your assigned MAC address in the Donation Checker to make sure you are entering it correctly in Potato TV.