PDA

View Full Version : DOL2 EPG mismatch

Outsider
08-01-2017, 12:33 PM
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and I am posting here seeking assistance for my T1+ box, which after the latest update (2.7.7.0) does not sync the EPG properly.
Information comes through but it is displayed wrong.
If I check the EPG during a movie, I can see the next show but correct time (example: movie 1 from 8 pm to 10 pm, but checking the EPG at 9 pm shows the next show / movie however the progress bar is sitting correctly at 9 pm)

Date / Time (zone) setup correctly.

If does not make much sense, especially after checking the EPG for my provider via Perfect Player (same box) and MAG 254 - both PP and MAG display correct details and time frame.

Appreciate if someone can suggest further troubleshooting steps

Thanks in advance !

Imp08ala
08-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Push yellow button on remote that will bring epg line up to line up to correct time ...hopefully this gets resolved soon as I also noticed epg doesn't move along with the current time and stays in past hour line up

Outsider
08-02-2017, 09:14 AM
Thanks for that - it helps with the epg line however my problem is that despite the epg line being in the right spot, the show is not the right one... usually I am 1 sometime 2 shows ahead on the epg

harrisjr
08-04-2017, 04:17 AM
I have the exact same issue.

Outsider
08-04-2017, 09:26 PM
I have the exact same issue.

I was afraid I am the only one :)

Further research with my IPTV provider, shows that members in the same time zone (GMT+10) have the same issue
Apparently, if we change time zone to US, then the EPG info is correct.
This suggests a Dreamlink issue rather than a miss-configuration of the box.
I have logged a ticket with vendor support - fingers crossed :)

Outsider
08-04-2017, 11:04 PM
I purchased my T1+ based on other people's feedback, and to be honest, it does a great job - epg mismatch is a real deal breaker though ...
I think is counter intuitive to buy a T1+ so you can use it with other Android / Aptoid apps ...

From what I can see on this forum, CaptainKangaroo is one of the Dreamlink guru's
CaptainKangaroo, are you able to assist, please?

Cheers

Capt.Kangaroo
08-05-2017, 12:19 AM
I purchased my T1+ based on other people's feedback, and to be honest, it does a great job - epg mismatch is a real deal breaker though ...
I think is counter intuitive to buy a T1+ so you can use it with other Android / Aptoid apps ...

From what I can see on this forum, CaptainKangaroo is one of the Dreamlink guru's
CaptainKangaroo, are you able to assist, please?

Cheers
I made them aware of your issue, Will report back as soon as I get some info

Outsider
08-07-2017, 09:05 PM
I made them aware of your issue, Will report back as soon as I get some info

Thank you - much appreciated !

Outsider
08-12-2017, 10:25 AM
Thought I'd attach a photo to more accurately explain the issue.
In this instance, the live show is Kung Fu Panda 3 (as visible in the top left corner) howver the EPG "thinks" it is Rabbit School which is the next show.
EPG line and local time are accurate.

This has a knock on effect on catch up TV as it messes up timing...

Hope this helps

https://goo.gl/HRDRA3

harrisjr
08-17-2017, 10:03 AM
Any word on this Captain? A simple EPG time shift option in settings would likely fix this issue.

harrisjr
09-02-2017, 01:06 PM
Through some testing, this seems to be a problem on the service providers end. It's been very difficult to find a service with an accurate EPG. Thanks for the great support everyone. Loving my T1 Plus so far.

Outsider
09-07-2017, 11:04 PM
Through some testing, this seems to be a problem on the service providers end. It's been very difficult to find a service with an accurate EPG. Thanks for the great support everyone. Loving my T1 Plus so far.

Tried few providers myself, however the one I am now using, is very consistent in terms of EPG on other players: stbemu, perfect player, kodi,etc
This is certainly an EPG time-shift issues with the T1+
Until this is resolved, I have changed my timezone for UK instead off AU and everything is spot on - only downside: device is showing inaccurate time due to the wrong timezone.

I would really appreciate further updates on this if possible.

Thanks

Outsider
12-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Quick update on this issue.
Several updates later + factory reset + DOL2 reconfiguration and everything is working perfectly.
Great little box! Loving it !

eddy1999
12-08-2017, 11:56 PM
what did you configure on DOL2?

JaguarJo
12-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Quick update on this issue.
Several updates later + factory reset + DOL2 reconfiguration and everything is working perfectly.
Great little box! Loving it !

Does a factory reset require a complete reinstallation of all data (like service provider)?