PDA

View Full Version : How can you put new plug-ins to a fire stick ?

andkaal
07-16-2017, 04:40 PM
Is there a guide or directions on how to add plug in files like the new sportsdevil plug-in to a fire tv stick. They have a new file of sportsdevil today in my desktop, but how can It be installed, and how ? It used to be in a apk, but now only in a plug-in file. I'm lost:confused: on how too get it to my stick. Thanks for any help .. andkaal

dara
07-16-2017, 06:19 PM
Pretty basic stuff, but google is your friend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2gQZI4cmw

You still need to know where to get the add-on or the repo itself. I'm making a huge assumption that you are using Kodi.

duhhud
07-16-2017, 06:52 PM
this should work if your computer runs windows.first make sure your computer and your fire stick are on the same network and computer is on wifi (it has to be on wifi same as your stick) make sure your plugin is in zip form and put it in a shared folder on your computer.then go to your fire stick open kodi then go to setting,then to addons then to install from zip then to windows SMB then your computer should show up there and then go to the shared folder you put the zipped plugin in and click on it it should install.

andkaal
07-16-2017, 08:51 PM
Thanks dara and duhhud for getting back. You guys are the best.:rolleyes: There are always help here and the people are always looking out to help others. I gave you both "Rep Power points". Many thanks again ... andkaal:o

andkaal
07-17-2017, 09:50 PM
this should work if your computer runs windows.first make sure your computer and your fire stick are on the same network and computer is on wifi (it has to be on wifi same as your stick) make sure your plugin is in zip form and put it in a shared folder on your computer.then go to your fire stick open kodi then go to setting,then to addons then to install from zip then to windows SMB then your computer should show up there and then go to the shared folder you put the zipped plugin in and click on it it should install.
I have been having so much trouble trying to get the new sportsdevil plug-in today. I downloaded the file. Put it in a floder on my desktop. Went to all your instructions, but when I went to"Windows network (SMB)" it went to my user name -WORKGROUP-my PC- to (Lock preferences for smb://MY-PC/)?? My username, password (and typed my password) checked-Remember for this path.. Hit OK and it just brought me back to my username and password again, and again ?? Is there a video for instructions on how to do this ? Or I'm I just having problems ??:confused: Thanks for trying to help me out .. andkaal:(

duhhud
07-18-2017, 12:02 AM
google (how to share a hard drive using window) it will explain how to share it.it should tell you how to set every thing up step by step.i have two external hard drives hooked to my computer and both are shared,when i go to kodi and want to install a plugin from my computer the ZIPPED plugin is in the shared folder and on the shared hard drive. i go install from zip and to the windows SMB it will say workgroup,i click that it will say owner-pc,then it will shows me my two hard drives.if the hard drive is not shared it tells me ERROR2:share not available.(i think you will have to set up a password when you set up the shared drive, it was a long time ago when i did mine i dont remember

andkaal
07-18-2017, 12:09 AM
google (how to share a hard drive using window) it will explain how to share it.it should tell you how to set every thing up step by step.i have two external hard drives hooked to my computer and both are shared,when i go to kodi and want to install a plugin from my computer the ZIPPED plugin is in the shared folder and on the shared hard drive. i go install from zip and to the windows SMB it will say workgroup,i click that it will say owner-pc,then it will shows me my two hard drives.if the hard drive is not shared it tells me ERROR2:share not available.
Thanks again duhhud for getting back.:p I will try tomorrow. Been at this for 2 days. Google it tomorrow... Again thanks... andkaal:confused:

kens
07-18-2017, 04:32 PM
Easier is if you use a browser from within Firestick. Google the plugin you want. Find and download to the stick.
open kodi and go to system settings /Addons /Install from zip - Then find the file you downloaded and select it.

If you dont have a browser, follow this video link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN3ipm1rdKE
/kens