PDA

View Full Version : Exit Portal

jbrines
06-15-2017, 08:17 PM
Hi Guys,

I have MAG256w2 and subscribed to a portal but when in the portal I cannot exit without having to power the box off and on, is this normal or should there be a way of exiting or rebooting?

JB

mjvc
06-16-2017, 10:31 AM
AFAIK the only two situations where you can't exit from the portal are when your subscription expired or no connection to your server provider!

jbrines
06-20-2017, 08:21 PM
AFAIK the only two situations where you can't exit from the portal are when your subscription expired or no connection to your server provider!

Hi bud,

Subscription is new and works. Connection is working perfect.

I can't see an option to exit, settings/menu button does nothing.

veronicas
06-21-2017, 10:15 AM
To exit the stalker portal, you would go to the main Stalker menu where you can select "Live TV" or "VOD" - select the "Settings" menu. Then scroll down to the bottom and select "Go to the inner portal" or "Reload Portal"

Depending on how you have your settings in the "servers" area in the inner portal, the "Reload Portal" option mentioned above may behave differently. I enabled the portal selection menu screen and have that set as the one that's loaded by default. So when I select "Reload Portal", it takes me to the portal selection menu. I would assume if you don't have the multi portal menu enabled, it would just reboot the existing stalker server. I may be wrong on that point, but I can't check right now.

Hope that helps.

jbrines
06-21-2017, 06:51 PM
To exit the stalker portal, you would go to the main Stalker menu where you can select "Live TV" or "VOD" - select the "Settings" menu. Then scroll down to the bottom and select "Go to the inner portal" or "Reload Portal"

Depending on how you have your settings in the "servers" area in the inner portal, the "Reload Portal" option mentioned above may behave differently. I enabled the portal selection menu screen and have that set as the one that's loaded by default. So when I select "Reload Portal", it takes me to the portal selection menu. I would assume if you don't have the multi portal menu enabled, it would just reboot the existing stalker server. I may be wrong on that point, but I can't check right now.

Hope that helps.

Hi when in the stalker portal I have four icons TV, Radio, Video Club, Youtube and Media Browser. From here when on any of the icons the Setup button on the remote doesn't work neither does the menu button. I have setup the system so I get the portal menu which is great but I would love to exit the outer portal.

veronicas
06-29-2017, 07:44 PM
Hi when in the stalker portal I have four icons TV, Radio, Video Club, Youtube and Media Browser. From here when on any of the icons the Setup button on the remote doesn't work neither does the menu button. I have setup the system so I get the portal menu which is great but I would love to exit the outer portal.

Every stalker portal I've ever had, has a "Settings" section, or "icon" as you say. It should be where "Live TV" and "Video club" sections are. Unless you're using a REALLY new stalker portal version, it should be there.

Did you buy your box preloaded with the IPTV service??

jbrines
07-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Every stalker portal I've ever had, has a "Settings" section, or "icon" as you say. It should be where "Live TV" and "Video club" sections are. Unless you're using a REALLY new stalker portal version, it should be there.

Did you buy your box preloaded with the IPTV service??

No it wasn't preloaded IPTV service I added it myself.

How can I tell if it is a new stalker portal?

kens
07-01-2017, 03:42 PM
I'm not a MAG user, so sorry if this does not make any sense.
If you cant get to your settings menu, is it possible your access is limited due to a access profile setup for children or noob's

/kens

veronicas
07-02-2017, 03:52 AM
That's a good point Kens!

And you would have to ask your provider/reseller what version the server is. Sometimes it says in the top or bottom corner in the main Stalker portal menu. Not all servers show this unfortunately.