PDA

View Full Version : Need to 'IPTV reset' every day otherwise i get MAC Authentication Error

Prshfan
06-09-2017, 09:39 PM
Hi Guys

I like the Potato TV but i'm struggling to get it to work for any length of time before having to do an 'IPTV reset'. Using a Donation (tried the MAC only URL hXXp://YOUR_PORTAL/get.php?username=YOUR_DONATION&password=YOUR_DONATION&type=m3u_plus&output=ts and it doesn't work for me, so must be using MAC and Donation).

Setup MAC address and went through Cronicpain tutorial. Everything works, for a time (mins/hours) using TV in KODI 16.1. I can close KODI and come back later in the day and nothing works. Go into Video Addon/Potato look at IPTV (MAC Error) try generating a new token (MAC Error)

Have to do an IPTV reset which we can only do twice a day.

Also tried the above with MAC only, set MAC to Zeros and use Generic list. Same thing, will work for a while (mins/hours).

Am i missing something? Doing something wrong? No one else seems to be having this issue so i'm guessing it's user error.

cheers

Cronicpain
06-09-2017, 11:47 PM
clear potato data in kodi in file manager -addon data -search for potato tv an delete it make sure your you dont have any mac link to donation make sure is blank now do a iptv reset and add your info in potato tv do not add mac just set it to 00.00.00

kens
06-10-2017, 05:45 PM
About 2 months ago, I had the same problem occur, but it only did it with 1 portal. Only problem is I cant recall which portal it was (NFPS).
You should change your portal, if you have not tried that yet.
first disable kodi (system settings /TV /General tab - Disable, then clear data cache.
Go to Papiao and change portal then IPTV Reset. (If you are max on the IPTV Reset, change your MAC# by 1 digit. (Fresh Start & no IPTV Reset Req'd).
Change settings in Kodi to new info. Clear data & gen. new token. do auto settings for simple client. Re-enable TV.
/kens

Prshfan
06-13-2017, 04:04 AM
Thanks Guys
Cronic, i couldn't find the addon data, but i followed Kens advice
Thanks Kens, i changed my MAC address and portal and now it seems to work. Not had to reset my IPTV for 2 days.
cheers guys