PDA

View Full Version : mag256w1

prne08701
05-31-2017, 06:58 PM
this box keeps stopping and have to un plug it to get it going again .could anyone help why it keeps doing it

redbaron
05-31-2017, 11:25 PM
I have to assume that you are using WiFi on it. If you can, try running it off of a network cable then you will know if it is the box it a WiFi issue.

prne08701
05-31-2017, 11:31 PM
No I'm use in network cable

tester798
06-02-2017, 04:34 PM
I have the same issue..

veronicas
06-21-2017, 10:23 AM
You mean its actually freezing to the point where you can't get any response with the remote, and must unplug? And it happens frequently?

I must ask, where did you folks buy your boxes from?

And curious, but have you done a double firmware flash/update, followed by resetting the box with the 2x settings in the inner portal menu, and the reset option in the boot menu/bios screen? If not, try it. Can't hurt! (You will lose most of your settings)

I know it sounds stupid, and it is. But my life and a few others have been easier after doing multiple flashes/resets as instructed above.

If you have "refresh rate switching" enabled and have all 3 options enabled, consider disabling 60 or 50 depending on region. Although there was a user who said that he was in Europe and 50 was causing him grief irronicaly. Incorrect refresh rate can leave you with a frozen or black screen but usually reverts after some seconds.
Hope it helps someone.

prne08701
06-21-2017, 04:26 PM
You mean its actually freezing to the point where you can't get any response with the remote, and must unplug? And it happens frequently?

I must ask, where did you folks buy your boxes from?

And curious, but have you done a double firmware flash/update, followed by resetting the box with the 2x settings in the inner portal menu, and the reset option in the boot menu/bios screen? If not, try it. Can't hurt! (You will lose most of your settings)

I know it sounds stupid, and it is. But my life and a few others have been easier after doing multiple flashes/resets as instructed above.

If you have "refresh rate switching" enabled and have all 3 options enabled, consider disabling 60 or 50 depending on region. Although there was a user who said that he was in Europe and 50 was causing him grief irronicaly. Incorrect refresh rate can leave you with a frozen or black screen but usually reverts after some seconds.
Hope it helps someone.
try this i did it and works fine now
go in innner portal
select settings
select system settings
select advaanced settings
scroll down to hdmi-cec
use left keyor right to disable
then press ok to save
also when in innner portal select settings
select interface
scroll down to hdmi event reaction and change to disable
press ok and save
press the house key again to rturn to previous menu and select restart portal then press ok

tester798
06-29-2017, 03:48 PM
For me none those steps worked..I have tried everything...the seller is refusing to take the box back only way he will warranty the box is if its hardware issue

I think the box is defective in its own way.

veronicas
06-29-2017, 07:27 PM
For me none those steps worked..I have tried everything...the seller is refusing to take the box back only way he will warranty the box is if its hardware issue

I think the box is defective in its own way.

If its an official MAG (authentic), then you should be contacting the manufacturer, not the retailer (unless its within return policy period). That's how all warranty's work - its through the manufacturer. I would contact infomir and make sure you have an authentic box. There's a TON of fakes out there, and some look/function almost identical.

I feel for you. :(

And props to the user "prne08701"above me for mentioning to disable "CEC" and "HDMI event reaction". I never even considered it, but good point!

tester798
06-30-2017, 01:46 AM
If its an official MAG (authentic), then you should be contacting the manufacturer, not the retailer (unless its within return policy period). That's how all warranty's work - its through the manufacturer. I would contact infomir and make sure you have an authentic box. There's a TON of fakes out there, and some look/function almost identical.

I feel for you. :(

And props to the user "prne08701"above me for mentioning to disable "CEC" and "HDMI event reaction". I never even considered it, but good point!

Is there anyway to tell if it is authentic?

rajakhan1
06-30-2017, 05:56 PM
I have Mag 256 W1 with Iptv provider *********, when my portal load i cant see channel list but when i manually press channel number from remote i can see channel is working but no channel list when i press home button, only way to watch by pressing channel number manually by remote. I used other provider portal and there is no issue like that but when i contact my service provider ******* he said he have no issue on his side coz other user with Mag 256 / 254 have no issue like that, any solution.
I try to Reset Box by BIOS , by Inner port , Cleaner cache dada. please let me know if any solution.

veronicas
06-30-2017, 07:24 PM
Is there anyway to tell if it is authentic?

Yes, you must email Infomir support and they'll get you to take pictures of it on each side, a closeup of the sticker on the bottom, as well as the "Device Info" screen on your TV (accessed through inner portal settings).

veronicas
06-30-2017, 07:26 PM
I have Mag 256 W1 with Iptv provider NOT ALLOWED, when my portal load i cant see channel list but when i manually press channel number from remote i can see channel is working but no channel list when i press home button, only way to watch by pressing channel number manually by remote. I used other provider portal and there is no issue like that but when i contact my service provider FORBIDDEN he said he have no issue on his side coz other user with Mag 256 / 254 have no issue like that, any solution.
I try to Reset Box by BIOS , by Inner port , Cleaner cache dada. please let me know if any solution.

EDIT YOUR POST AND READ THE FORUM RULES. We can only discuss the IPTV server which is SOLD here. This is a support forum for that specific service. Mentioning other services is forbidden, sorry.

tester798
07-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Yes, you must email Infomir support and they'll get you to take pictures of it on each side, a closeup of the sticker on the bottom, as well as the "Device Info" screen on your TV (accessed through inner portal settings).

I emailed them on Wednesday and still waiting on a reply..

veronicas
07-02-2017, 01:29 AM
Ah yes, I had the same thing. Don't worry, they'll get back to you. Responses will be much quicker once they initially respond. If you haven't heard anything by Tuesday, politely message them again. Maybe put something like "Do I have a fake box??!" In the title (if you didn't already).

But hang in there. I wish there was something more that we could do for you :(

fort2008
07-07-2017, 04:09 PM
I have Mag 256 W1 with Iptv provider *********, when my portal load i cant see channel list but when i manually press channel number from remote i can see channel is working but no channel list when i press home button, only way to watch by pressing channel number manually by remote. I used other provider portal and there is no issue like that but when i contact my service provider ******* he said he have no issue on his side coz other user with Mag 256 / 254 have no issue like that, any solution.

Hi , please do new update new software than it will working correctly if still problem contact me with pm