PDA

View Full Version : How to use T1+ PVR

Capt.Kangaroo
05-31-2017, 05:59 AM
-. Press Record button to start recording, and it will show you a USB directory of your stick memory where a record is stored. it is USB1/2(/usb_1/2/sda/sda1), and press OK.

-. Now it will start recording by show you a record icon popping up on right top of screen.
-. If you want to check the recording information, just press record button again, and it will show (channel name/start time/end time/record time/duration/usb device info/file name)

-. When you finish recording, just press stop button and it will store the recorded data to usb.
-. If you want to see all the recorded list, just press PlayList button, and it will show all of screens recorded to usb memory in .ts file format.
-. In case you want to replay, just select any of them and press ok.
-. If you want to edit the recorded list, just use any kind of file manager you may install from other apk store.

Caution :Depending on servers, some does not allow recording.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3QP_lkEj8HqUlFtZFUtclpZYm8

uranum
05-31-2017, 04:58 PM
thank you very much sir

curgs
06-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Anyway to set recording for a show lets say 2 hours from now or can you only record at what is playing now

ddowder
06-07-2017, 12:09 AM
Which button is playlist to see what you have recorded?

AeonFlux
06-15-2017, 11:06 AM
Can you please answer a question for me? I do not understand why server should care one bit if we record. We are not using more server resources to do that. I am just trying to understand why. And then, how would the server even know that I was recording? Again, I am just trying to make sense of the why of it.

hjr007
06-15-2017, 12:15 PM
WHich button is the recod button. I have inserted a 32gb drive, formatted fat32 on my pc hit the red button on remote and nothing..

Help please..

hjr007
06-15-2017, 12:24 PM
After I just did the upgrade it works. Hit the red button and usb drive comes up

veronicas
06-15-2017, 09:10 PM
Can you please answer a question for me? I do not understand why server should care one bit if we record. We are not using more server resources to do that. I am just trying to understand why. And then, how would the server even know that I was recording? Again, I am just trying to make sense of the why of it.

From what I understand, the recording doesn't need to specifically be "enabled" on the server side - but it can be disabled entirely by changing some settings. I test servers with my 254 which usually works with recording - but not all servers.

I play around with my own stalker server and if/when I find the option(s), I'll let you know! Haven't found it yet, but I haven't been working on it much.

Several providers have said they don't offer it due to the much higher bandwidth requirement. Recording is different than cable/satellite. You also MAY require multiple connections (not positive) - if that's the case, then disabling recording is pretty simple. How much of that is true, I don't know, as its information I obtained from others.

But I am certain it can be disabled server side. If it couldn't be, recording would always work on every server.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

starRyder
06-15-2017, 11:55 PM
I have tried several times to record and it only records for 1 minute or so and stops. Any suggesting on what's wrong? Does rocket server support recording?

Capt.Kangaroo
06-16-2017, 02:22 AM
WHich button is the recod button. I have inserted a 32gb drive, formatted fat32 on my pc hit the red button on remote and nothing..

Help please..

the button with red dot on it.
above Red button on T1+ remote

AeonFlux
06-16-2017, 11:53 AM
Thank you Veronicas. Best explanation I have heard so far. I appreciate your reply.

So, I can record something manually if I am watching it. Is there a feature to let me select a program on the epg and just jump to it when it comes on? Or how about a timer screen to let me do that manually? Just only jump to a selected channel. That would get me half way there.

Djwingy
06-20-2017, 10:24 PM
How do you delete a recording

Also how do you delete apk files in downloads folder

Thanks

Capt.Kangaroo
06-22-2017, 12:59 AM
this is very useful file manager for deleting all recordings

aptoide > tools : total commander (v2.80)

curgs
06-22-2017, 02:14 PM
tks captain total commander works great

Jason9040
07-06-2017, 09:29 PM
Can you use either flash drive or self-power USB hard drive?

Is there file size limit? What file system should the USB device be formatted for? Fat32? NTFS partition?

veronicas
07-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Can you use either flash drive or self-power USB hard drive?

Is there file size limit? What file system should the USB device be formatted for? Fat32? NTFS partition?

In regards to "self powered HDD" - If its USB3, it might not be a good idea. You may under power the drive, or burn out the USB port. I would highly recommend a powered drive unless you can operate the drive with a USB 2 cable (I have one that supports that) Usually when using a usb2 cable on a USB 3 drive, the cable only fits into part of the socket on the drive. Looks goofy, but it actually works.

I would be cautious using a flash drive because the number of writes taking place will burn it out over time. Its okay for an occasional recording.

I would definitely use a HDD (mechanical hard drive). In regards to FAT32 vs NTFS - ALWAYS TRY NTFS FIRST. NTFS has many advantages including the larger than 4gb filesize limit which you mentioned above.

In addition, NTFS is a JOURNALED filesystem. Fat32 is NOT. FAT32 data is VERY PRONE to "Bit Rot" especially if the data is on the drive for an extended time. You won't notice much degration at first, but eventually the file will degrade to the point of being unusable.

This is the main big reason to prefer NTFS. If you are a Linux man, you could also try ext3, and ext4 - they are both journaled and may be supported as well.

If you can't get the above to work, FAT32 is the last resort. Just make sure you move your recordings to a different place/disk which has a journaled filesystem and power the device on at least every month, connected to a PC to prevent Bit rot. Every time you power the device on, the filesystem will begin looking for corrupt bits, and fix it. That's a really simple version of the explanation lol. Don't ever put stuff on a HDD and store it somewhere for months/years without powering up the drive.

Hope that helps.

AeonFlux
07-13-2017, 03:39 PM
Just to note:

Bits lost to 'Bit Rot' and extra parity bits are all redirected to the bit bucket. If you can't find them there, then they might have com out the side and are laying on the floor.
My wife is always yelling at me for getting parity bits all over the floor. They are hell to vacuum up.
he-he-he

Moondog
08-24-2017, 08:00 PM
Hi. Im having issues recording anything. I have formatted a 1tb ext hd as fat 32 but in total commander it is showing as full but this is wrong as its new and had nothing on it. Is 1tb too much for the dreamlink?

bombz
11-03-2017, 12:50 AM
This is strange, yesterday I had the T1+ pausing and rewinding TV on DOL2, today I can get the menu slider to pop up at the bottom but can not pause and rewind TV, am I missing something ?

Mano9423
11-03-2017, 11:05 AM
This is strange, yesterday I had the T1+ pausing and rewinding TV on DOL2, today I can get the menu slider to pop up at the bottom but can not pause and rewind TV, am I missing something ?

Are you on the same channel? You have to be on a channel that has timeshifting enabled.

Tack
11-03-2017, 05:55 PM
You are correct Mano that most players of any kind can only timeshift if that is enabled by the provider. The latest update to the T1+, however, claims to provide timeshifting via local storage of the stream. It does record the paused stream which can be verified by looking in the /mnt/sdcard_external directory with a file browser. After a timeshifting attempt you will find a file _timeshift.ts there which which is overwritten with each pause attempt. This file can be played in a video player proving it IS recording the paused stream. However seems that the new DOL software will not allow real-time playback.

It may seem strange that they would claim that something works which clearly does not but I suspect that this is a situation in which it works on the development equipment but not on the target device. Been there, done that.. it's embarrassing. Fixing the scheduled recording issue should be easier. I expect both fixes to be released together. I assume that they are working on it now and, I hope, already testing it on a beta group.

Marley
11-03-2017, 06:29 PM
cool still have not tried it but finally can play with this box and it rocks great support

guygoy
11-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Hi. Im having issues recording anything. I have formatted a 1tb ext hd as fat 32 but in total commander it is showing as full but this is wrong as its new and had nothing on it. Is 1tb too much for the dreamlink?

Ok anyway i plugged a 2TB external hard drive (NTFS) on the T1 Plus and it works well no problem of compatibility but i did not try recording a future event with epg so that is still something i'm not sure about because i saw some members having difficulties with timer recording so i'll have to test it out myself...

marcm
11-24-2017, 12:56 PM
Is there a setting somewhere to offset the scheduled recording's start/end times? Since the streams are typically delayed a couple minutes or so, the end of the shows tend to get cut off.