PDA

View Full Version : Kodi Losing OSD

expatter
05-10-2015, 05:34 PM
This started happening after installing versions of IPTV Stalker greater than 1.0.11 (or thereabouts)...namely during the past several days. This is on windows-based systems. While my issue may not be from anything related to Stalker, that is the only thing I have been changing in the past several months. Symptoms are that when I start Kodi the startup screen is sometimes all white and I have to kill the task in task manager. Other times Kodi seems to load up just fine but if I use the iVue guide (from programs) then the screen either turns all white or all black and I have to kill Kodi via task manager again.

When I looked on the Kodi.tv forum they mention that it has to do with 3rd party repos/addons causing circular looping, which they thought they had already addressed and then the devs asked if 3rd party devs are trying to screw with them...

I uninstalled most repos and either uninstalled addons or disabled them as I typically do not even use most of the ones I had installed early on anyway. Several reboots of Kodi and of Windows and try again. Eventually, after uninstalled Stalker Video plugin and reinstalling version 1.0.7 I once again can load Kodi and watch live streams.

I keep thinking that I'll get a Mag from infomir but there's no way I'm going to buy something until I can get a scenario that works every time first. While I realize that this is still in the testing phase and that implies bugs I also read where they are close to going to a paid version and I have eery intention of donating at that time. I'm curious when this does go to a paid system will there still be channels that have a DirecTV screen saver for several hours instead of that channel stream. That just seems wrong on several fronts.

Please don't misinterpret my post; I'm very happy and excited about how this has been developing since the beginning of the year as I cut the cord early last year so basically 'anything is better than nothing' and I don't live in front of the TV. In fact, I've referred several people to using Kodi and Stalker since I am so enthusiastic about it. The speed of development is impressive, not to mention to continued support here.

Basically I guess I am just curious if anyone else has this problem with the OSD disappearing and if so, have they had any luck in troubleshooting and resolving it?

Thanks in advance for any input. I think this forum is my new 'go to' for information since we can't get any help from the kodi.tv forum if we use ANY 3rd party addons when common sense will tell you that most users enjoy them. And who wouldn't? I'm very cautious about stuff from xunity now as twice in the past couple of years certain devs have shown that they are not beyond being spiteful and crippling user's systems. And since they have gone into selling boxes they don't seem too keen on supporting anyone that isn't using one of them and they have turned off many of their own forum users. I've pretty much killed everything from them except try and disable some things and you find it impossible to do, i.e. iSteam (scary, that!)That leaves us users left to support each other and we seem to be doing that just fine. That makes the community stronger and better off as we are forced to learn IMO.