PDA

View Full Version : Video on Demand Question

Mediaman24
05-08-2017, 11:52 PM
The new playlist is great, just now getting around to using it. Hopefully there will be a guide in the very near future :D

My question is, if I download the playlist and load it (either on Mag254 or VLC on my computer) will any new movies added after i download it appear in my channel list? Do I have to keep downloading the playlist to get the newest movies on demand?

crazed 9.6
05-09-2017, 01:15 AM
can be a bit tricky.... especially if you have an edited and arrranged Playlist and do not want to go thru all that again just to get the newest additions into your VODs

But there is a way and do not need to loose all your saved work on any said playlist :)

if the channel changes positions, it should not matter.
But if channels get added then yea, we will need a fresh list.

But we do not have to loose all our editing.

What you can do is grab the fresh list and open it on your desktop with NotePad, or Notepad++ or Wordpad will work too.
Then also grab and open your list that you have edited so carefully and open it right beside that fresh copy on your desktop.
Now find the new channels that are shown on the new list and copy them and then simply paste them onto your edited list, and thats it. You now have the new channels onto your edited Playlist.
Easy Peasy :)

Also ensure that the M3U Playlists are saved as an .m3u file and are UTF-8 encoded -- (Notepad, Notepad++ and Wordpad will do the encodeing)

M3U8 is another version of an M3U file.
The Generic M3U Playlist from Rocket is what this tutorial is based on.
But the Generic M3U Plus version will work almost the same. It includes more information per channel line.
And there are recent posts talking about them M3U Plus Playlist versions and with some interesting results :)

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?27158-VLC-functions-with-m3u-Playlists

Another note

VLC is best Player /editor in one and VLC goes where most don't with their playable abilities... but...
if running a player on windows and with these rocket or nfps Playlists, you should look into Simple TV Player

it is only for windows and is quite a great player :)

Just grab the latest build (look at the dates)... easy peasy from there on in :)
And works wonderful on windows OS
Not good for editing, I still use VLC and notepad for that.
But this Player is great for windows application and rockets :)

Simple TV

https://mega.nz/#F!odE1wJIa!blJT1wlvZcHXxdTdbiyJGA!9Md0WaCR

you can also direct your mag receiver at the Playlist and then it will upadte whenever the server additions do,,,, but will be no help with a saved and arranged playlist.