PDA

View Full Version : Stock remote sucks!

bonay187
05-04-2017, 05:10 PM
Does anyone have a better solution for the stock remote? I have my box sitting all by itself, noting within 2' of it and about 6' away from the couch. With brand new, name brand batteries you have to point the remote directly at it, lean as close as possible and push the buttons slow to get it to work. OH, if your more than 1° off from pointing at the box it wont work.

Suggestions?

Munstah
05-04-2017, 07:35 PM
grab a bluetooth airmouse with programmable buttons such as the MX3 and map one of the coloured buttons to the group function. I only use the stock T1 plus remote at night in bed so my wife doesn't get pissed off at me lol. She absolutely hated the sound of that original T1 remote at night.

dells
05-04-2017, 08:24 PM
one option is a wireless mini keyboard like the rii i8+, works well and has a backlight option which helps at night and not too expensive, can be found for around $20-30cad, will eliminate the need to have to point directly at device, comfortable feel, silent buttons, mouse track pad, do not think you can customize buttons but could be wrong as never needed to