PDA

View Full Version : Anything better than the T1 Plus

beadvised
05-01-2017, 03:56 PM
I just ordered my t1 Plus. Is there any box out there that is better right now? Also I'm looking for the best IPTV service. Please advise.

theone
05-01-2017, 04:00 PM
I just ordered my t1 Plus. Is there any box out there that is better right now? Also I'm looking for the best IPTV service. Please advise.

If your looking for IPTV only box then i would suggest one of the MAG boxes, if you want the best of both worlds then there are several. Avov, Dreamlink are the Top 2 in my opinion.

beadvised
05-01-2017, 04:03 PM
So I did good with the purchase the of the Dreamlink t1 plus? I wanted access to IPTV and KODI - Forks.

theone
05-01-2017, 05:01 PM
So I did good with the purchase the of the Dreamlink t1 plus? I wanted access to IPTV and KODI - Forks.

Yup, you have one of the best boxes around. I like the FTMC kodi look Also tons of stuff available in the Market as well.

Marley
05-01-2017, 06:46 PM
yes you did

beadvised
05-01-2017, 09:19 PM
How do you guys compare this to the Mag 254 boxes?

Munstah
05-01-2017, 09:37 PM

much faster than the 254. You can feel the difference performing simple functions such as scrollng through channels. Also, depending on which version of the 254 you have, you may or may not have built in wifi.

Other major diff is dreamlink T1 plus can be used for things other than IPTV such as kodi, netflix or whatever apps are on google play store.

dara
05-01-2017, 09:39 PM

I don't have a MAG, but I don't think there is any real advantage to using one. You can read about the MAGs elsewhere in the forum, but it is a single use box meant for IPTV servers that use Stalker middleware. For ease of configuration and use, the DOL on the Dreamlink boxes is much better. Also, the T1 plus is a 4k capable display device and can run many third party apps, the MAG 254 is not.

There is an emulator for the MAGs, and I found a very frustrating interface. At the start of the service, that box and the STB Emu were the only way to connect to the supported servers. That is no longer the case.

As for the original question, and keeping with set top boxes, the Avov's that are 4K are comparable, but the newer version do have a newer Android version, and also can run a different client for the Nova middleware. The supported servers don't use that middleware, but if you run across one that does, you may want to consider those boxes.

Marley
05-01-2017, 09:55 PM
if only running iptv a mag is great now if you want kodi and other things Dreamlink and avov are very great boxes luv the new ones

floder2
05-02-2017, 02:57 AM
My two best boxes are the Dreamlink T1 .............and the Nvidia Shield (using couch potato for IPTV) .plus all the great apps and KODI.........Fastest box around ..........But still liking my T1 in the bedroom...........with Kodi-Fork to boot...........................................

Farmer1
05-02-2017, 03:47 PM
these are the 3 services we support http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?5-IPTV-Private-Servers