PDA

View Full Version : [MOD] EPG with Color/Genre

expatter
04-27-2017, 10:26 PM
I've been pulling my own EPG for some time now and finally decided it should have color backgrounds like we had with psychon's guide. I did some research on kodi.tv forums and found an easy fix to enable it.

Credit goes to kodi.tv forum user centuri. I modified what he provided and tested and the result is a fully working color EPG.
Skin Examples:

AEON NOX
Confluence

First step is to find the file to edit. Below are the 2 skins that I have done and their paths. Note: Other skins should follow the same path but depends on PVR filename. This should give you a general idea on what to do.

Skins path and filename

AEON NOX
\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\Addon\skin.ae on.nox\1080i\Includes_PVR.xml.

Confluence
\Users\Username]AppData]Roaming\Addon\skin.confluence\720p\ViewsPVR.xml

Open the file in any text editor and search for the lines below. These lines are in the file twice so you will have to replace them both.

For AEON NOX search for
<texture border="4">$INFO[ListItem.Property(GenreType),epg-genres/,.png]</texture>

For Confluence search for
<texture border="3">epg-genres/$INFO[ListItem.Property(GenreType)].png</texture>

Change them to (There are TWO instances of the above, so this has to be done twice)

<texture border="3">epg-genres/$INFO[ListItem.Genre].png</texture>

Save the file once you have change both lines.

Second step- you need to add a epg-genres folder in the skins media folder

AEON NOX
\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\Addon\skin.ae on.nox\media

Confluence
\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\Addon\skin.co nfluence\media

And add this file in the media folder (unzip and place epg-genres in the media folder)
There are two files. One has Transparent colors the other solid colors. Choose the one that best fits the skin you are using.

epg-genres.zip Transparent Colors

epg-genres.zip Solid Colors

Unzip the downloaded Colors file and place the folder within the appropriate skin addon directory. For Confluence, add epg-genres into the media directory. Restart Kodi.

If you don't want to edit the ViewsPVRGuide.xml file, download the following file and place in the skin.confluence folder and overwrite when prompted. (This file does not need to be unzipped.)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9k67c3

I checked this ViewsPVRGuide.xml with Kodi versions 16.1 and 17.1 with Confluence skins. Works with both. An EPG that's a little less boring.

Enjoy.

expatter
04-27-2017, 10:42 PM
This should work whether you make your own epg or use one of the guides shared in this forum (i.e. viper's guide)

ilan
04-30-2017, 02:22 PM
Nice job, Ex. I did this a few years ago when Blackbear was toying with it.

By the way, I think you meant...

Second step- you need to add a epg-genres FILE TO the skins media folder, not

Second step- you need to add a epg-genres folder in the skins media folder, as written.

That might produce some questions. (Maybe I'm off kilter on this observation?)

expatter
05-03-2017, 02:37 AM
Nice job, Ex. I did this a few years ago when Blackbear was toying with it.

By the way, I think you meant...

Second step- you need to add a epg-genres FILE TO the skins media folder, not

Second step- you need to add a epg-genres folder in the skins media folder, as written.

That might produce some questions. (Maybe I'm off kilter on this observation?)

Hey Ilan~Semantics, I think. It needs to be a folder with a file called epg-genres (either of the two I posted that came from kodi.tv) in it. But I don't think it's big on anyone's priorities here. It's more of an FYI kind of thing. I didn't really care too much about not having colors in my epg until I changed skins and then it actually did make a difference. :)

aCiDjEsUs
05-09-2017, 09:13 PM
Ex, as always great job. Works great. Thank you.