PDA

View Full Version : SPMC and Potato tv not working

gmac2
04-16-2017, 03:39 PM
i downloaded potato tv and installed it on my nvidia shield and use spmc mainly,but,have tried kodi 17 krypton too. i have tried with and without mac address and just cannot get it to work with either. on the other hand i can use stalker client and it works but only plays for about 3 minutes then channel stops and goes back to the channel selection screen and then i have to re-open the channel and same results. potato tv works great on my firestick and don't know why i can't get it to work with spmc.

thanks in advance

frosty024
05-04-2017, 04:14 PM
I am also experiencing this. Happening on two different Windows computers (one is Windows 7 x64, the other is Windows 10 x64). Both are running Kodi 17.1 and the latest build of PotatoTV. Worked fine up until a week or so after the big upgrade. All channels play for a few minutes and then quit. It is happening in both PotatoTV, and in Simple Client.

i downloaded potato tv and installed it on my nvidia shield and use spmc mainly,but,have tried kodi 17 krypton too. i have tried with and without mac address and just cannot get it to work with either. on the other hand i can use stalker client and it works but only plays for about 3 minutes then channel stops and goes back to the channel selection screen and then i have to re-open the channel and same results. potato tv works great on my firestick and don't know why i can't get it to work with spmc.

thanks in advance

stoner420
05-04-2017, 04:44 PM
I am also experiencing this. Happening on two different Windows computers (one is Windows 7 x64, the other is Windows 10 x64). Both are running Kodi 17.1 and the latest build of PotatoTV. Worked fine up until a week or so after the big upgrade. All channels play for a few minutes and then quit. It is happening in both PotatoTV, and in Simple Client.

Frosty since your on pc try this

Make sure hidden files and directories are visibile within win 10

Find your userdata file within kodi

Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi

Rename the "Kodi" Folder to something you will remember
Once renamed Restart Kodi
This will be a basic version of Kodi
Reinstall potato tv enter settings
Within the addon try to play a channel and see if your stopping issue persists

Of course you can just delete the "Kodi" folder you made and change the one that you renamed back and your setup will be as it was

stoner420
05-04-2017, 04:53 PM

thanks in advance

gmac2 try this

Disable PVR Simple Client (Default settings) (leave enabled)
Go to System Settings
Clear Live Tv Data
Clear Guide Data

GO into your potato settings(default everything)
Clear Cache Purge Packages and Power off Device

Change yourself to donation+mac based acct via appropriate website ( Wait about 10mins for info to kickin server side)Perform another IPTV RESET AND WAIT ANOTHER 10MINS
Power back device
Enter Potato Settings
Clear Iptv+Vod Cache and Generate New Token
Check if iptv ( check a wack of chs in case a wack are down ) is working within the addon
(IF GETTING NOT AUTH CLEAR CACHE PURGE PACKAGESMSG POWER OFF DEVICE PERFORM ANOTHER IPTV RESET AND WAIT 20 MINS)
Check IPTV Again (It Should be working)

IF NOT REPEAT ABOVE STEPS EVEN IF THEY SEEM REDUNDENT ( WHEN CHANGING MAC 2ND TIME USE THE PLAY LIST MAC WAIT 15 RESET IT WAIT 15 CHANGE IT TO ONE U WANNA USE WAIT 15 AGAIN RESET AGAIN AND WAIT 15 AGAIN ( I KNOW WAITING SUCKS BUT HELPING OTHERS SOMETIMES IT TAKES TIME FOR SERVERS I GUESS )

Re-Click the Pvr setup button in the addon
Clear Cache Purge Packages and Clear Thumbs
Reboot Device

PVR Should boot once loaded

frosty024
05-05-2017, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the reply. I did try as you suggested, but ended up with the same results on both computers (2 different accounts for nfps. one on p1, the other on p2). fresh install of kodi and deleted appdata/kodi directory didnt prevent the issue.

Frosty since your on pc try this

Make sure hidden files and directories are visibile within win 10

Find your userdata file within kodi

Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi

Rename the "Kodi" Folder to something you will remember
Once renamed Restart Kodi
This will be a basic version of Kodi
Reinstall potato tv enter settings
Within the addon try to play a channel and see if your stopping issue persists

Of course you can just delete the "Kodi" folder you made and change the one that you renamed back and your setup will be as it was

frosty024
05-06-2017, 10:43 PM
Just wanted to update my status with this issue. I could have sworn I tried it a few times before and had it not fix things, but I decided to try an IPTV Reset via Papiao again. This time, it worked! It has stopped with the "playing for a few minutes then stopping" thing.

gmac2, this may fix it for you as well.

Autoroam
05-21-2017, 11:42 AM
CP runs a treat on both spmc 16.6 and Kodi 17.1 on my Shield.

Before installing and configuring it on spmc i cleared all data and disabled stalker.

worked at first attempt….CP is the best add-on to access this service yet.

and cronicpain's setup video is great