PDA

View Full Version : Dreamlink T1 Plus: loading issue/can't play this video/freezing

lousk
04-14-2017, 05:48 PM
Hi folks, anyone is having the same issue with their DLt1P? I'm using DOL and everything works fine for 5 seconds, then the screen displays 'loading', eventually it displays 'can't play this video'. I tried it without updating the CODEX and with, giving the same result - unwatchable! I even did a couple of factory resets and DB resets, same result. This donation code works without a glitch on my DLT1 and 2 MAG254.

Your insight is appreciated.

AeonFlux
04-14-2017, 11:27 PM
I would try upping the buffer time. Mine runs fine at about 5 seconds but your mileage may vary.

lousk
04-15-2017, 02:45 AM
I would try upping the buffer time. Mine runs fine at about 5 seconds but your mileage may vary.

I did put it on 5 like you suggested but the same thing is happening. If I leave it running long enough, it keeps on loading every few minutes instead. It's unwatchable. It's not my Internet service. Tomorrow I'll try with cat5 instead of wifi. For now I had to revert back to the Dreamlink T1 and the MAG 254 until someone can figure out what's causing that issue on the Plus or perhaps some kind of a DOL or fw update will be available soon.

pperhar
04-15-2017, 11:28 AM
I did put it on 5 like you suggested but the same thing is happening. If I leave it running long enough, it keeps on loading every few minutes instead. It's unwatchable. It's not my Internet service. Tomorrow I'll try with cat5 instead of wifi. For now I had to revert back to the Dreamlink T1 and the MAG 254 until someone can figure out what's causing that issue on the Plus or perhaps some kind of a DOL or fw update will be available soon.

Nothing wrong with T1 Plus. mine is working perfect.
It could be the service u r using. or i suggest try Re-installing the DOL. Sometimes that could be the problem.

aditaya12
04-15-2017, 02:10 PM

I will not recommend using wifi unless your speed is above 50 Mbps and your modem is within 10 feet, try CAT5 as that will work well.

4wheelin
04-15-2017, 03:01 PM
have you updated your URL?

veronicas
04-15-2017, 07:48 PM
I second what one of the previous posters said. Disable WiFi entirely and switch to a cat6/7 cable if possible. With my old Dreamlink, and my MAG256, I buffer like mad with higher bitrate streams especially. I'm CCNAS certified so networking is my forte. I was only 10 feet away on a 100+Mbps connection, I get about 55mbps over WiFi, and it still sucks.

For snappier channel changing, find your ISP or closest DNS server and ping it to see the response time. Anything under 50ms is excellent. Set it either in your router, or put it in the T1 settings directly if you only want the DNS on that device (the T1).

If this doesn't help, and you find that the CAT5/6/7 cable doesn't help, you may have a bad box. Did you get it from a certified reseller, or did you pick it up on eBay??? If it works on your 254 no problem through the CAT cable, and the T1 PLUS doesn't, I would assume a bad box .

Cheers

AeonFlux
04-16-2017, 01:11 AM
Wi-fi does not work very well at all for media.
Mine are all hard wired to get excellent results even with crappy ISP.

lousk
04-16-2017, 12:33 PM
You guys are all correct. Once I switched 'temporarily' to CAT5, the issue was resolved with the DLT1Plus.
******Please help me out - what's going on?
1. my Internet speed is 25/2 via Cisco cable modem
2. router is Asus RT-AC68U (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
3. no hiccups on any of the Wi-Fi devices, like on the 2 cellphone if and when utilizing Wi-Fi
4. (2) MAG254 work perfectly fine when in use with Cisco WUSB600N dongle
5. (2) Dreamlink T1 work great with zero buffering when in use via built-in Wi-Fi
6. (1) Dreamlink T1 Plus is buffering like crazy, even when is set at 5 or more secs (entirely unwatchable) via its built-in Wi-Fi, yet not cat5, using it hardwired works great

*Do you think the T1 Plus is defective (Wi-Fi)? Please, what's your rationale?

veronicas
04-17-2017, 12:35 AM
It's only like 1-2 weeks old, so I would expect it to be unstable for a while. This is why its good to wait a bit before getting a newer box, otherwise you become a beta tester lol. And no I don't think its WiFi is defective. Numerous people have said (including 1 post above yours), that WiFi is not working very well.

I think your box is good. Maybe try increasing the buffer size if you NEED WiFi. The only time you should ever use WiFi us if you actually NEED it. If you have the option to use Cat5, don't ever bother with WiFi. It causes a lot of grief, and is never as snappy as being hardwired. That's my take on it at least.

Cheers

dells
04-17-2017, 01:07 AM
an alternate is powerline adapters which work great if you have no way of getting a cat5 cable to where you have your device or even a cheap router that supports ddwrt or tommatoe software will work well, just a couple of suggestions...

veronicas
04-17-2017, 02:53 AM
Good point Dells! I got some of those for my family and was really skeptical at first but they worked amazing. Just make sure you do some research and don't trust the speed claimed on the box (it's never realistic).