PDA

View Full Version : Dreamlink T1 Plus Recording Features

aditaya12
04-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Hi as i am testing T1 Plus from last 2 days but couldn't figure out how to schedule recording. As per the specs "TRUE PVR FEATURES AS TIMESHIFTING, INSTANT RECORDING, AND RESERVED RECORDING". All I can do ATM is to record live programs. Am I missing something ? or these features are not in action yet ?

Also once I am in the file browser, is there a way to delete recorded files instantly instead of taking USB Stick to PC/Laptop and delete it over there?

Munstah
04-08-2017, 10:02 PM
I haven't had time to pickup my test unit yet (Maybe tomorrow) but, in addition to trying the record function from the EPG screen maybe hit the yellow button for EPG single view and see if it works from there.

aditaya12
04-08-2017, 10:10 PM
thanks Munstah ! I have already tried every single possible option but no luck yet.

profster
04-09-2017, 01:52 AM
There will be an update to the recording functions shortly as I found out from another source.

aditaya12
04-09-2017, 02:50 AM
Thanks Profster! glad to hear that an update is on its way. By any chance do you know if they will be adding schedule recording feature or reverse recording ?

profster
04-09-2017, 12:30 PM
Thanks Profster! glad to hear that an update is on its way. By any chance do you know if they will be adding schedule recording feature or reverse recording ?

Not sure just heard that there is an upgrade. What features it gives you is unknown.

Munstah
04-09-2017, 02:23 PM
good to know, I just received my shipment of T1 plus boxes so will be doing some testing myself today.

tkk1
04-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Not sure just heard that there is an upgrade. What features it gives you is unknown.

hopefully they'll add the schedule recording feature.... I really thought this was promised feature...

aditaya12
04-12-2017, 10:50 PM
We all thought but dont worry.. new update is on its way

DarrenM
06-24-2017, 12:43 AM
We all thought but dont worry.. new update is on its way

Does the recording function work? I read that it will only work if the iptv service allows it (catch up too). Or, does it work just like a cable box dvr? Choose and click record.

veronicas
06-29-2017, 03:31 AM
Does the recording function work? I read that it will only work if the iptv service allows it (catch up too). Or, does it work just like a cable box dvr? Choose and click record.

Both must be enabled on the IPTV server side.

There's a lot of disagreement about the recording needing to be permitted sever side, but if it didn't need to be... every sever would work with recording, no problem. But that clearly is not the case. I personally have tested over 6 servers that won't record on a T1 Plus or MAG254. The vast majority of servers don't have it enabled (or have blocked it).

Catchup must certainly be setup and configured server side. I'm sure it takes a LOT of storage to keep it all backed up for days/week.

DarrenM
07-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Both must be enabled on the IPTV server side.

There's a lot of disagreement about the recording needing to be permitted sever side, but if it didn't need to be... every sever would work with recording, no problem. But that clearly is not the case. I personally have tested over 6 servers that won't record on a T1 Plus or MAG254. The vast majority of servers don't have it enabled (or have blocked it).

Catchup must certainly be setup and configured server side. I'm sure it takes a LOT of storage to keep it all backed up for days/week.

Thanks. Kind of a useless feature then.