PDA

View Full Version : Mag 256 video resolution not resetting

Wang47
04-05-2017, 12:33 PM
I just got a Mag 256 yesterday,

I set up the IPTV with iks66, everything was working fine until I changed the resolution and it went blank after restarting.

I tried to access the unit by resetting the video resolution following two methods I saw on youtube:
1- unplug the unit and replugging it while pressing the Menu button
2- unplug the unit and replugging it by pressing the menu button every second for a good 3 minutes
None of those work. :mad:

How can I fix this issue, since it was working fine. Can I factory reset it without accessing the menu?

Please help.

WT

veronicas
04-07-2017, 11:21 PM
To reset the box with no video you must do the following: **CAUTION - THIS WILL RESET YOUR BOX TO DEFAULT/FACTORY STATE**

1. Unplug the box from power cord
2. Press and hold the tiny little FN button on the rear of the case
3. Plug the box back into the power, and continue pressing the button
4. Continue pressing the button until the light/LED on the front of the MAG case is "Flashing red". You may now release the button.
5. The box will now reset itself to default. Do not touch it until it has finished and rebooted and you can see the screen.

This explains the process with pictures:

https://wiki.infomir.eu/eng/stb-webkit/mag256-257/mag256-reset-to-default-settings-boot-mode-change

Hope that helps!

Cheers.

Wang47
04-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Hi Veronicas,

Thanks for your feedback. I did all of the above and nothing happened.
The Mag256 has been updated to the latest firmware version available on April 5th, 2017. There is maybe a bug in this new firmware release, cause the tiny little FN button didn't work this time.
I went back to the store where I bought the Mag256. The store manager tried the same thing and it did not work as well. Note the TV format that we use is NTSC (Canada)

What happened?

When I changed the resolution of the box it also changed it from NTSC to PAL, that is why I could not see any picture from the screen. As soon as he connects the Mag256 to a PAL tv, we could see the menu again and reset it to the NTSC resolution.
And now it is back working :-)

If anyone has the same problem, your best bet is to find a European store that sells PAL tv and ask them to connect your box to change the resolution until they fix this issue with a new firmware release that will enable you to use the menu button for a reset.

I hope this will be helpful for others.

Good luck.

veronicas
04-08-2017, 02:28 AM
I'm pretty sure I was able to revert mine from PAL by using that method I posted, but I may have done it with the BIOS on a USB stick and booted into it. I was able to see the menu and change to NTSC 1080p. I'm not too sure tho, maybe my tv does both ntsc and pal? (Unlikely haha). But I'm really glad you got it working! Hopefully people don't try changing the video region, just in case they can't revert it. Good thing that guy had a pal TV!

Cheers