PDA

View Full Version : Recording problem with Mag 256

Gadgetman
04-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Hi Guys,

I have been using a Mag 254 without any issues but recently upgraded to a Mag 256, it seems much snappier however, it will not record for more than 25-30 seconds when it will stop and display an error message stating "PVR Error - End of Stream", does anyone know what the issue is?
I have tried 2 different 256 boxes and they are just the same

veronicas
04-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Did you read my post, about two under yours?

Are you recording through the internal portal (m3u list), or are you trying to record while in a Stalker portal? Recording only works from the INNER portal (m3u) list, and NOT in the Stalker portals.

EDIT: Make sure you have the latest firmware (Feb. 2017) update by updating your box through the "system settings" area in the Inner portal settings.

Cheers

Gadgetman
04-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Did you read my post, about two under yours?

Are you recording through the internal portal (m3u list), or are you trying to record while in a Stalker portal? Recording only works from the INNER portal (m3u) list, and NOT in the Stalker portals.

Hi, no I missed your post, but if that is the case, then why does the MAG 254 work from within a stalker portal no problem? What is it, about the 256 that stops it from working (or only work for around 25-30 seconds)?

...And yes it is already on the latest firmware

veronicas
04-02-2017, 05:54 PM
I have no idea, maybe ask Infomir, as they will likely know? The 256 has only been stable since the end of FEB. Almost nothing worked properly before that. Perhaps it still needs to be added? Or perhaps they have no plans to do so, I am not sure.

Before posting, take a look at other threads that might sound similar to yours (the answer already exists there). :)

Have a good day.
Cheers.

Gadgetman
04-02-2017, 06:22 PM
I have no idea, maybe ask Infomir, as they will likely know? The 256 has only been stable since the end of FEB. Almost nothing worked properly before that. Perhaps it still needs to be added? Or perhaps they have no plans to do so, I am not sure.

Before posting, take a look at other threads that might sound similar to yours (the answer already exists there). :)

Have a good day.
Cheers.

I will drop Infomir an email, see what they say. I searched and searched this forum for an answer and found nothing specific to the recording issue on the 256 hence why I posted!
Like I said, I have been using a 254 box previously without issue, so I don'r understand why the 256 is different

veronicas
04-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Now I don't wanna sound like a tool, but I found these 3 threads in the first two pages, and in each case its explained that recording doesn't work. In two cases, specifically mentioned "Stalker" recording not working:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?28353-Recording-WORKS-Refresh-rate-switching-WORKS

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?26366-connect-hard-drive-and-record-on-256

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?26832-Recording-issues-with-mag256

Please also keep in mind that recording needs to be enabled on the server side of the Stalker portal you are connecting to. 95% of them simply don't permit recording (even if your device can). Most keep it disabled because of the astoundingly huge bandwidth requirements and server upgrades that would be needed to provide that.

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding Infomirs reply. It is something I never asked them when I was discussing the bugs that needed to be fixed. They are a good company, and very helpful.

Cheers

Gadgetman
04-05-2017, 10:16 PM
Now I don't wanna sound like a tool, but I found these 3 threads in the first two pages, and in each case its explained that recording doesn't work. In two cases, specifically mentioned "Stalker" recording not working:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?28353-Recording-WORKS-Refresh-rate-switching-WORKS

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?26366-connect-hard-drive-and-record-on-256

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?26832-Recording-issues-with-mag256

Please also keep in mind that recording needs to be enabled on the server side of the Stalker portal you are connecting to. 95% of them simply don't permit recording (even if your device can). Most keep it disabled because of the astoundingly huge bandwidth requirements and server upgrades that would be needed to provide that.

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding Infomirs reply. It is something I never asked them when I was discussing the bugs that needed to be fixed. They are a good company, and very helpful.

Cheers

I had found all three of the threads you refer to, none of which helped me enable my Mag 256 box to record for more than 25-30 seconds, which is why I posted my question!
I am still no further forward after speaking with support at Infomir either, they tell me that the problem is not the Mag 256, but with the service provider, so I have refered back to them to see if they can help resolve this issue

veronicas
04-05-2017, 11:36 PM
They ALL say that you cannot record in Stalker portals. Only in the internal portal through an m3u list/file. I'm not sure why you would think that your case would be any different? I've tested it on a Stalker portal that allows recording but that's exactly what happens - 20 or so seconds of recording, and then it stops.

If you want to record, you have to do it in the inner portal either with an m3u file or a random stream you found online somewhere. Unfortunately no one can help you fix this because it just doesn't work...

Gadgetman
04-07-2017, 10:17 PM
They ALL say that you cannot record in Stalker portals. Only in the internal portal through an m3u list/file. I'm not sure why you would think that your case would be any different? I've tested it on a Stalker portal that allows recording but that's exactly what happens - 20 or so seconds of recording, and then it stops.

If you want to record, you have to do it in the inner portal either with an m3u file or a random stream you found online somewhere. Unfortunately no one can help you fix this because it just doesn't work...
So why does it work fine on my 254 box then!!!

veronicas
04-07-2017, 10:53 PM
It's not the same product. You need to ask Infomir. No one here works for them, and we cannot possibly give you an answer that you will find satisfactory. I don't really know what else anyone can say.

vindiou
04-29-2017, 07:07 PM
I agree with Gadgetman, recording ONLY through the area where you can add IPTV channels/m3u list (the inner portal) is really TIRESOME.
I recommend NOT to buy a MAG256 until this BUG is fixed.
MAG256 SHOULD be able to directly record from Stalker portal.

By the way, it's impossible to communicate with Infomir. They seem to only speak Russian and moreover, you cannot sign up to their community forum :
Registration Closed

Registration on this forum is not open to the public.

veronicas
04-30-2017, 11:23 AM
I agree with Gadgetman, recording ONLY through the area where you can add IPTV channels/m3u list (the inner portal) is really TIRESOME.
I recommend NOT to buy a MAG256 until this BUG is fixed.
MAG256 SHOULD be able to directly record from Stalker portal.

By the way, it's impossible to communicate with Infomir. They seem to only speak Russian and moreover, you cannot sign up to their community forum :
Registration Closed

Registration on this forum is not open to the public.

How do you think that another person and myself managed to obtain the beta firmwares? There is a post or two regarding them. The firmware came directly from Infomir from an email correspondence I had with someone whom I think was Ukrainian. He spoke good English. Pretty sure I spoke to someone else from a different department through email as well. She spoke English as well.

You can get ahold of them, so definitely email them and tell them how you feel. Maybe they'll provide you a newer beta, and you can share it with us. ;)

I hear your frustration tho. It's definitely not a good choice for recording. Hopefully its something that will be added sometime in the near future.

vindiou
04-30-2017, 02:20 PM
I will not make individual request to beg for betas.
Instead, I will tell people what I think about my MAG256, currently I recommend NOT to buy it.
I believe that posting bad recommendation corresponding to the true reality on a public forum and warn potential buyers is more efficient.
Informir don't open their forum to the public? fine.
Youtube crashes the MAG256, the only solution is to unplug the MAG256 !
I've just tried to read a standard 1080p MKV from a USB key. I only get the sound, no images :(

Unique ID : 65392825175610104412735799271089255734 (0x31323334353637383930313233343536)
Complete name : C:\temp\test.MKV
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
File size : 92,7 Mio
Duration : 10 min 46s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 1 204 kb/s
Writing application : IDMmkvlib0.1
Writing library : IDMmkvlib0.1 / IDMmkvlib0.1
HANDLER_NAME : AudioHandler
Langue : und

Vidéo
ID : 1
Format : VP9
Codec ID : V_VP9
Bit rate : 1 052 kb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 24,000 Im/s
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.021
Stream size : 81,0 Mio (87%)
Default : Oui
Forced : Non

Audio
ID : 2
Format : Vorbis
Format settings, Floor : 1
Codec ID : A_VORBIS
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 canaux
Sampling rate : 44,1 kHz
Compression mode : Avec perte
Stream size : 9,86 Mio (11%)
Writing application : Google

veronicas
05-01-2017, 08:56 PM
I will not make individual request to beg for betas.
Instead, I will tell people what I think about my MAG256, currently I recommend NOT to buy it.
I believe that posting bad recommendation corresponding to the true reality on a public forum and warn potential buyers is more efficient.
Informir don't open their forum to the public? fine.
Youtube crashes the MAG256, the only solution is to unplug the MAG256 !
I've just tried to read a standard 1080p MKV from a USB key. I only get the sound, no images :(

Unique ID : 65392825175610104412735799271089255734 (0x31323334353637383930313233343536)
Complete name : C:\temp\test.MKV
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
File size : 92,7 Mio
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 1 204 kb/s
Writing application : IDMmkvlib0.1
Writing library : IDMmkvlib0.1 / IDMmkvlib0.1
HANDLER_NAME : AudioHandler
Langue : und

Vidéo
ID : 1
Format : VP9
Codec ID : V_VP9
Bit rate : 1 052 kb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 24,000 Im/s
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.021
Stream size : 81,0 Mio (87%)

Audio
ID : 2
Format : Vorbis
Format settings, Floor : 1
Codec ID : A_VORBIS
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 canaux
Sampling rate : 44,1 kHz
Compression mode : Avec perte
Stream size : 9,86 Mio (11%)
Writing application : Google

Odd, I've never had YouTube crash on me a single time. Have you flashed the latest firmware twice in a row, then done the reset procedure? A few users including myself had off symptoms till this was done.

I own both the 256.
/254, and if not planning on recording, I always use the 256.

I think you're not exactly understanding what we do here, and that not much traffic comes this way so the number of people that are gonna "hear your roar" is very limited.

And you are correct that it's a poor choice for recording. How long have you owned a 254? Do you remember what it was like the first few years it was out? The firmware was buggy as crap and things didn't work right. But now its like almost a decade later.

Frankly that's not a fair comparison. You may be correct that recording may be a dealbreaker to some, but seeing as recording MUST BE ENABLED on the stalker server itself (99% don't) so you still have no guarantee its actually going to permit recording depending on the sub.

I own both, and like I said, I don't have problems with my 256 minus the few bugs that still exist since latest update. I prefer it to the 254.

Its all perspective and ones opinion. Please understand that this is a SUPPORT forum, and that no one is going to take you seriously if you're crying "Everyone,don't buy it because MY WANTED FEATURE isn't suppoeted!!!" because there's lots of people talking about how decent it is especially since the latest firmware upgrade. Once again, follow the MAG254 development history to see what the 254 was like when it first came out lol.

In your case, I think you need to either do the upgrade/reset procedure, or perhaps maybe you got Clone/fake box if you bought on eBay/amazon? It seems to happen a lot.

Good luck with your quest.

vindiou
05-02-2017, 07:58 AM
Veronicas, you don't need to quote my whole message, everybody understand that you reply to it.

Why should I need to manually flash the firmware twice in a row and then apply a reset procedure when the mag256 automatically updates itself at boot to the latest firmware??

Don't make people think that I didn't follow a required procedure, there is NO required procedure to follow since the mag256 automatically update itself at boot.

I disagree when you say that "seeing as recording MUST BE ENABLED on the stalker server itself".
The MAG256 should be able to record while in Stalker the same way it does while in inner portal, that's just programming.

The MAG256 I have is of course the genuine product and I'm not happy about it, I recommend people NOT to buy it, at least, until now.

It is not even capable of deleting files on the USB key or simply resume a video play where it stopped the last time it was viewed !

veronicas
05-02-2017, 10:39 PM
You clearly don't understand how Stalker servers work. A mag254 can only record if the record feature is included on the individual stalker server. I quoted the entire message, I'm sorry that that's also not up to your level of expectations. ;)

Recording does NOT ALWAYS WORK in the inner portal/m3u list, even with a 254. I just tested this on my 254, and I can only record in certain m3u lists/servers. The same servers will record on the 256... So... Where are you getting your info from?

And the procedure I outlined is to help people who are having issues. I don't work for infomir, and spend my free time helping people. Maybe you need to be a tad more respectful and understanding of that? No one works for infomir here...

The fact that my procedure had helped about a dozen people on here lends credibility that it works.

Anyways, you seem to want to argue, and want someone to blame for your lack of research that you put into the box before deciding to purchase it.

People here are trying to help you. If you don't want help, and just wanna be a negative Nancy, why are you posting?

There's plenty of users who understand that this is volunteer time that people put in to help others. I'm sorry that you aren't happy with your purchase, but that has NOTHING to do with me or anyone else on this website.

Do yourself a favour and return the box maybe??

I think you either got a clone, or haven't figured out/tried the firmware update/ reset procedure because the things your complaining about work fine on my box... Minus recording. Maybe you should contact Infomir to at least have them check that you have a legit box. If its legit, then exchange it for a new one.

Geez, some people.

vindiou
05-03-2017, 11:31 AM
I perfectly undertand how Stalker servers work, it's just YOU who don't understand that, if recording is possible while in the inner portal, then it is possible, while in stalker, to program the mag256 to record the same way as if it were in the inner portal. YOU DON'T NEED ANY STALKER PROTOCOL DIALOG to do this. It's just programming, unfortunately, your technical level is too low to understand this.

As of now, the current firmware is full of bugs and I wouldn't recommend to anyone to buy it. My opinion may change, it all depends on Infomir's work.

I have been respectful with you, so I expect you to behave the same. We just disagree about the MAG256 quality, so let's talk about it and not about your feelings about me.

veronicas
05-04-2017, 02:02 AM
I run my own private server, and I'm familiar with recording required to be enabled server side on each individual stalker server/portal. That's also been discussed here very extensively. Recording is not enabled by default. I recomend you read the Stalker Server manpages!

**Seriously, if you don't believe that it needs to be enabled server side, please see this:

http://iptvtalk.net/archive/index.php/t-22834.html

Take a look on Google for recording with MAG254/NFPS. It does NOT WORK on NFPS because it's not enabled on the server (the service sold and supported here). This is confirmed by many users who have tested it. They may add it one day, but i don't know. As far as I am aware, this feature has not been enabled yet to date. It must be enabled server side. This is not the same as cable/sattelite.

I have 2 servers/portals on my 254 which don't allow recording... Even tho the 254 clearly supports it. There are hundreds of different providers/servers/portals, and they individually decide whether or not to support recording.

What do you think that says about your self proclaimed "technical level of understanding"? ;)

I understand that you don't like the box, but you're refusal to follow a simple procedure that just may in fact help you (it helped others), and your continuous flaming indicates that you have no interest in actually remedying the situation and are here mainly to complain/flame? The only "bug" you've mentioned that is consistent with my box, is the recording feature, which still might be added in a future update.

You're perfectly OK to not like the box, and air your frustration, but there's a difference between that and repeatedly flaming.

You said the same thing in like 3 posts, so do you not feel that you've gotten your point across? I'm assuming you didn't own the 254 in its early days because it wasn't very stable either, and has now been updated for almost a decade which is FAR longer than 256.

This is a support forum. If you aren't interested in giving/receiving support, and only want to flame, why exactly are you here...? You repeatedly flame but are unwilling to try something that just might help you... And state that you "shouldnt have to do that" anyways... It might not help, but hey, what do you have to lose?

I feel like you're just trying to be a sour grape.

vindiou
05-04-2017, 08:37 AM
your continuous flaming indicates that you have no interest in actually remedying the situation and are here mainly to complain/flame?
your frustration, but there's a difference between that and repeatedly flaming.
do you not feel that you've gotten your point across?
If you aren't interested in giving/receiving support, and only want to flame, why exactly are you here...?
You repeatedly flame but are unwilling to try something that just might help you...
I feel like you're just trying to be a sour grape.

On this forum we are talking about technical things and not about feelings.
You keep talking about your feelings about me when I simply want to talk about technical things.
The only flame I see in this thread is you, burning like fire.
For some reason, you are trying to inflame this thread but I won't fall into your obvious trap.

I totally disagree with you technically, that's all.

mjvc
05-04-2017, 09:27 PM
On this forum we are talking about technical things and not about feelings.
You keep talking about your feelings about me when I simply want to talk about technical things.
The only flame I see in this thread is you, burning like fire.
For some reason, you are trying to inflame this thread but I won't fall into your obvious trap.

I totally disagree with you technically, that's all.

Oh dear... I have been trying really hard to ignore you mate, but now I see I have failed miserably! Like seriously... do you even read what veronicas wrote? He is right btw...
You clearly don't want any help so do us a favor and yourself and go express your "feelings" somewhere else!