PDA

View Full Version : BuzzTV xpl2000

Pages : [1] 2

Munstah
03-04-2017, 08:05 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this new device out yet? This is by far the best box I've tested.
Curious to hear what others think.

sarkar
03-13-2017, 02:52 PM
How many iptv servers does Buzz XPL2000 support? Is it 1 or 5 or 10 or max ?
Would it support Gold iptv server, Express server ? Which server are you using presently?
Can you provide any support link for this box?
How does its Interface look like?
Sorry for too many questions.
Thanks

von101
03-13-2017, 10:34 PM
Yea, curious to know what are the strong points over the T1. Is this box supported or made by mygica.ca

sarkar
03-14-2017, 01:30 PM
No listing on Mygica.ca for this box.
Where did you buy from?

sarkar
03-23-2017, 01:48 PM
Hi Munstah,
What differences did you find in Buzz Tv xpl2000 better than Dreamlink T1?
Please give us a detailed review.
Many thanks

Munstah
03-25-2017, 05:26 AM
More ram, wireless ac dual band wifi, android 5.1, kodi 17 compatible. Can hold up to 10 stalker servers, full google play store and aptoide market integration. Channel Load speed is instant and the remote has a kodi and live tv button that can instantly jump between kodi and iptv (split second delay). It had a minor bug at launch causing their buzz iptv app to lock up when trying to access a server experiencing down time. This has already been corrected with an update pushed to the box last week. I'm still testing daily but so far so good.

The iptv interface is very similar to avov.

sarkar
03-25-2017, 01:30 PM
Hi Mustah,
1 few more questions...
Is there any GROUP button on Remote like T1 remote. If not how do you make channels fav?
What do the 4 buttons on Remote stand for? RED GREEN YELLOW BLUE ?
Is there any support link and manual download?
Can you please provide any video on youtube?
Many thanks

von101
03-25-2017, 01:30 PM
where did u purchase your device and is there full support for the device in terms of updates and user forum?

Munstah
03-25-2017, 03:28 PM
A little background - I've tested every single hybrid iptv box available. I received my buzz tv as a test unit from my supplier. I typically sell dreamlink T1 but will be stocking the Buzz next week. My supplier is also giving me a T1 Plus for testing so I will have some info to share on that device as well.

red = lock channel
green = last channel
yellow = add fav
red = VOD

I do not post videos of my testing. No group button required.. channel categories appear on the left side and as you hover over the folder you see the channels listed to the right. While hovering over a particular channel you will see a short 5 hour EPG. (Check out the avov videos on youtube to get an idea).

I haven't come across a user forum or any mention of this device on any of the forums I frequent (this box is relatively unknown at the moment).

This box has only been out a couple weeks and has only had one update so far, however, that update did fix the only glitch that I've found. I prefer the dreamlink EPG grid interface to the buzz TV's grid interface, not that I use that feature much. Navigating the box is much quicker and seamless on the buzztv, for example, switching between servers is very quick as well as one button switching between kodi and live tv.

**They absolutely need to integrate the EPG single view that the dreamlink T1 has in order to take advantage of tv-catch up auto-PVR function that some servers have. That is the only major functionality missing from this device at the moment. But then again, this only matters if you happen to be on one of the few servers that offer this type of function.

Munstah
03-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Update on testing: Tv catch up function for servers with auto PVR exists. Able to pause fast forward and rewind while doing so (a feature lacking on Dreamlink T1).

Also, able to pause and resume live tv.

von101
03-26-2017, 03:22 PM
Does the epg channel data populate quickly on buzz box or is there a delay. and may i ask which staker server/service are using to do test

NBS
03-26-2017, 04:31 PM
where did u purchase your device and is there full support for the device in terms of updates and user forum?

some info here

http://buzzboxes.ca/

von101
03-26-2017, 04:41 PM
Thanks. i'm willing to try out this box. but i'm a bit tired and wary of the cheap chinese android boxes that dont work well. BTw i never really heard of this box or brand before and there is literaly no reviews on it

NBS
03-26-2017, 06:06 PM
Thanks. i'm willing to try out this box. but i'm a bit tired and wary of the cheap chinese android boxes that dont work well. BTw i never really heard of this box or brand before and there is literaly no reviews on it
its from mygica

crazy carl
03-27-2017, 02:50 AM
Box's looks intriguing for sure..wouldn't mind seeing some video reviews on it or even just some pics of the GUI

Munstah
03-27-2017, 03:06 PM
some info here

http://buzzboxes.ca/

Considering taxes and shipping, that site is quite expensive for this box.

sarkar
03-28-2017, 01:00 PM
How can I buy from you?
Does it come with any manual/user guide?

crazy carl
03-28-2017, 01:35 PM
How can I buy from you?
Does it come with any manual/user guide?

Probably need to send him a personal message for further details

Marley
03-28-2017, 07:30 PM
please no selling here or i will ban you this box is sold by Sold by:
MyGicaTV puting out testing info is ok with us just no selling or trying too
Quad Core Processor,Powered with Nvidia Graphics
2 GB Ram,8G Storage,Dual Band Wifi (2.4ghz, 5ghz)
Supports 3D/4K/HD Movies.
Aptoide Market+ Google Play Store
Black/Silver Colour Available
and again like i said try selling here and i will ban you ............................

veronicas
03-29-2017, 09:00 AM
I am itching to see a screenshot of the EPG. Also, this seems to be their actual homepage :

http://www.getbuzz.tv

It actually appears that it has Playready , Verimatrix, and Widevine DRM. :O

That would be pretty rad. Not sure if its true but they advertise full 4K YouTube through Android. Wireless AC, gigabit, full 10bit video support. Seems to have a lot going for it.

I am going to sell my T1 and possibly consider getting this little gem. Still too early to be sure, as I want to hear some more reviews first.

If you live in Canada, the cheapest I can find it is Newegg.ca for $130 CAD, including shipping. 15 day money back guarantee.

Cheers

Munstah
03-29-2017, 01:15 PM
I am itching to see a screenshot of the EPG. Also, this seems to be their actual homepage :
staff edited... live link removed

That would be pretty rad. Not sure if its true but they advertise full 4K YouTube through Android. Wireless AC, gigabit, full 10bit video support. Seems to have a lot going for it.

I am going to sell my T1 and possibly consider getting this little gem. Still too early to be sure, as I want to hear some more reviews first.

If you live in Canada, the cheapest I can find it is Newegg.ca for $130 CAD, including shipping. 15 day money back guarantee.

Cheers

Does not have gigabit ethernet.. also if you aren't newegg premier member you're looking at around $165 when it's all said and done.

veronicas
03-29-2017, 11:08 PM
Well you can see how often I buy stuff on Newegg ;) I never knew there was such a thing.

Are you positive about no gigabit? The manufacturer has it written and advertised, as do all the resellers, including Patriot Electronics.
It wouldn't be the first time that specs were negligently copied and pasted tho :p

Cheers

Munstah
03-30-2017, 02:38 AM
Yea positive. I speed test on average 940 down on my nvidia shield and minix boxes when plugged in via Ethernet. On buzz tv and my dreamlink it's 94 down so clearly megabit Ethernet port on both devices. I actually get better speeds on my 5 ghz wifi with the buzz as a result lol

veronicas
03-30-2017, 05:09 AM
I'm wondering if maybe there is a bug in Android preventing gigabit and forcing megabit. Many PINE64 boards suffers from that very issue (might be hardware tho). But I fear you are likely correct. That's hilarious about the 5ghz tho. :D

mrgreg
03-30-2017, 05:05 PM
SPECIFICATIONS:
System
CPUAML S905-B, ARM Cortex A53 x4, Mali450 GPUx5
CPU Frequencyup to 2.0GHz
RAM 2GB
Storage 8GB EMMC
OSAndroid 5.1

Interface Defintion and parameter
OutputHDMI, CVBS
USB2x USB 2.0
SD cardSD card up to 128GB
Internet802.11ac Dual band WiFi & RJ45 10/100 ethernet
Remote controlMyGica KR41 2.4G RC with keyboard
Voltage5V/2A DC

Other Function
Media PlayerLocal video playback:H.265, Mpeg1/2/4,H.264,VC-1,WMV,AVI,MKV,MOV
Online VideoAccess to internet,online video playing
MusicLocal music player: MP3 WAV,WMA
Online MusicAccess to internet,online music playing
Picture viewerSupport multi formats: BMP,JPG,TIF,PNG,GIF
Software updateSupport SD card/USB disk local update, Online udpate
External storageSD card, USB storage support

Dimension
Resolution4K2K.1080P.1080i.720P.720i.576P.576i.480 P.480i
Weight159g
Power Consumption< 6W
Remote Distance8~10Meters Visual
Product Size82x82x19mm

Munstah
03-30-2017, 06:19 PM
SPECIFICATIONS:
System
CPUAML S905-B, ARM Cortex A53 x4, Mali450 GPUx5
CPU Frequencyup to 2.0GHz
RAM 2GB
Storage 8GB EMMC
OSAndroid 5.1

Interface Defintion and parameter
OutputHDMI, CVBS
USB2x USB 2.0
SD cardSD card up to 128GB
Internet802.11ac Dual band WiFi & RJ45 10/100 ethernet
Remote controlMyGica KR41 2.4G RC with keyboard
Voltage5V/2A DC

Other Function
Media PlayerLocal video playback:H.265, Mpeg1/2/4,H.264,VC-1,WMV,AVI,MKV,MOV
Online VideoAccess to internet,online video playing
MusicLocal music player: MP3 WAV,WMA
Online MusicAccess to internet,online music playing
Picture viewerSupport multi formats: BMP,JPG,TIF,PNG,GIF
Software updateSupport SD card/USB disk local update, Online udpate
External storageSD card, USB storage support

Dimension
Resolution4K2K.1080P.1080i.720P.720i.576P.576i.480 P.480i
Weight159g
Power Consumption< 6W
Remote Distance8~10Meters Visual
Product Size82x82x19mm

Yep those are the accurate specs

sarkar
03-30-2017, 09:36 PM
Does it come with its own brand IR remote or not? If I I look at BUZZ TV XPL2000 IT shows BuzzTV IR Remote with LIVE, EPG, RECALL and 4 different color buttons while KR41 does not have such buttons.
Can you please clarify this and confirm?

Munstah
03-30-2017, 09:39 PM
Yes has its own remote. Also has a dedicated kodi button which is nice

mrgreg
03-31-2017, 09:17 AM
http://worldwidesatellites.com/images/buzztv-xpl2000-purple-tv-box-with-remote-control.jpg

von101
03-31-2017, 11:08 AM
Any reviews or video demos anyone? i wonder how well it does iptv in comparison to the t1 plus which was released already

mrgreg
03-31-2017, 05:37 PM
Not enough memory and why come out with another 5.1 when Nougat 7.1 is out. They have not even got to Marshmallow 6 yet.

veronicas
04-01-2017, 01:30 AM
For a MEDIA STREAMER/Stalker box, lollipop is sufficient for now (who says it wouldn't be updated. This is the INITIAL launch). Most Android boxes are still running KitKat but Lollipop had some major improvements.

2GB Ram is NOT enough?? Ummm You realize you would likely be able to have good performance even with 512mb (optimized Android), and 1G is more than sufficient. Maybe you should take a look at how much RAM is actually in use on your Android boxes (even under full use). This is not a Windows/ Unix computer or VM server, requiring 16gb RAM.

Those AML s912 boxes for sale with 3GB RAM are basically a marketing gimmick as you'll never need that much RAM unless you decide to erase Android and turn it into a Linux server, OR the Android OS is built really crappy, with minimal optimizations, and possible memory leaks.

Cheers

sarkar
04-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Can one install third party Cutom Kodi build on top of Kodi 17 in this box? I intend to install EZZERMANS Krypton build.
Does it have Catch up rv function and how does it work?

sarkar
04-01-2017, 01:09 PM
One more question..
Does it support any Emulator?

Munstah
04-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Can one install third party Cutom Kodi build on top of Kodi 17 in this box? I intend to install EZZERMANS Krypton build.
Does it have Catch up rv function and how does it work?

Unrestricted with full playstore support so you can put whatever you want on it. Tv catch up works the same as T1 where you can see what was on over the past 7 days.

von101
04-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Unrestricted with full playstore support so you can put whatever you want on it. Tv catch up works the same as T1 where you can see what was on over the past 7 days.

What is the name of the app for live tv? How does the epg work and is it the grid type? A few pics or demos will suffice

sarkar
04-02-2017, 09:36 PM
After making favorite channels, is it possible to see only favorite channels listed just like T1?
Or how do you group favorite channels?

Munstah
04-03-2017, 11:38 PM
What is the name of the app for live tv? How does the epg work and is it the grid type? A few pics or demos will suffice

The app is called Buzz TV and the epg is a grid display. I personally prefer the look of the grid EPG on the T1. I liked the T1 but that and even the T1 plus are lacking in some critical areas, mainly android version. Now that boxes limited to kodi 16.1 (due to kitkat) are seriously lacking in HD links compared to kodi 17. I have a strong feeling that we will see a new dreamlink model later this year.

Munstah
04-03-2017, 11:38 PM
After making favorite channels, is it possible to see only favorite channels listed just like T1?

yes, same as any other stalker device.

Munstah
04-05-2017, 02:24 AM
Stumbled across another cool feature. In addition to be able to jump instantly between live tv and kodi with the press of a button, you can also jump straight into Netflix using the channel recall button.

kuya
04-07-2017, 01:55 AM
Hi everyone, I've been intrigued by this new box and seriously contemplating on getting one. I read on the official mygica support forum and found that it is NOT a mygica box and will not be supported by them. Below is from a moderator from the Mygica support. I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, Im new to the forum and would like to contribute if I can help.

"It is made by the same manufacturer "Geniatech"
But they are 2 separate companies.
BuzzTV is for IPTV"

"It is not apart of the MyGica Product Line
So I am not sure where you get this info.
They are 2 completely different brands.
And no, there will not be any discussion threads here for it.
This is a MyGica forum."

So it's from the same hardware manufacturer I suppose? What do you guys think? Is it still worth giving it a try knowing that it is not a Mygica box?

crazy carl
04-07-2017, 02:37 AM
Interesting to say the least..I am hoping there will be a support source for them

Munstah
04-07-2017, 02:59 PM
the buzz tv can basically be described as a MyGica box with Buzz Tv's custom software loaded onto it.

veronicas
04-07-2017, 11:09 PM
Yeah from what I understand, the BuzzTV has its own Stalker application similar to DOL for the T1 so I don't think its limited to Kodi only. But how well the BuzzTV Stalker app works is yet to be seen. I have yet to see any screenshots of the EPG, which is something I'm quite interested in checking out. But hopefully the box receives good support from its creators.

kuya
04-08-2017, 01:19 AM
Seems like munstah has been doing a lot of testing on it..Maybe he give us a review? :) The specs and the software sounds promising. The only thing that stops me from getting it is that i don't know if the manufacturer will provide support and fw updates down the road.

horseboy
04-08-2017, 08:15 AM
I have one for few month now. uses kodi 17.1 just update from17

sarkar
04-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Can you provide any good or bad points about this box?
Any chance of Interface pictures?
How do you group favorite channels as this has no group button on its Remote?
How is the remote functioning?
Would be appreciated

aditaya12
04-09-2017, 02:55 AM
Testing from last 2 days and found few glitches but not sure if these are server specific or software related. Going to test few more servers tomorrow and will know definitely if its software or server.

aditaya12
04-09-2017, 02:59 AM
Could you please explain how exactly you were able to access Tv catch up function? I couldn't figure it out.

Munstah
04-10-2017, 03:04 AM
You'll see a double arrow icon on channels for which the server offers tv catch up. Simply press direction to the right and you will see programming going back 7 days.

Shoma
04-11-2017, 02:23 AM
I got it yesterday and so far so good. It has its own Stalker, fast, epg responsive.
Mind you, I am running a different service on it.
OS is 5.1 but as long as I can load KODI 17, I don't care.
That was the main reason I got it since Dreamlink doesn't seem to care about upgrading OS on T1. Remote is also nice, nothing like DL's "clicker". I also have Xiaomi mi and it has similar performances but no custom stalker. STBEMU is pain to load. Overall, I am so happy with both so I am selling my beloved T1 :).

Shoma
04-11-2017, 02:34 AM

http://www.getbuzz.tv

Cheers

120-130 cad on amazon. I just got it yesterday. Selling T1 unless they upgrade the OS.

Shoma
04-11-2017, 02:36 AM
Any reviews or video demos anyone? i wonder how well it does iptv in comparison to the t1 plus which was released already
I have DL and got buzz yesterday. Picture quality is the same if not better comparing to T1.

Shoma
04-11-2017, 02:37 AM
Yes, you can do that.

aditaya12
04-12-2017, 10:59 PM
You'll see a double arrow icon on channels for which the server offers tv catch up. Simply press direction to the right and you will see programming going back 7 days.

Got it Thanks ! :)

Miles
04-13-2017, 11:20 AM
Does this box come with a free IPTV server like the FreeTV Pro app in Dreamlink T1? Does it also hide the adult channels listings like the T1 does when the adult channels are set to locked?

aditaya12
04-16-2017, 07:18 PM
Hi Munstah could you please tell me how to get rid of STB messages e.g. your subscription is going to expire, package changes etc.... on MAG , AVOV you can simply press OK and message will go away but on Buzz Tv these messages are not going away. Any help will be appreciated

billyhoss
04-16-2017, 07:27 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/billyhoss/20170324_141439.jpg (http://s209.photobucket.com/user/billyhoss/media/20170324_141439.jpg.html)
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/billyhoss/Resized_20170320_133754.jpg (http://s209.photobucket.com/user/billyhoss/media/Resized_20170320_133754.jpg.html)
these are the 2 guides, the grid guide you get by pressing epg button, the other just press ok when viewing live tv.
you set favorites in the second guide by pressing the yellow button when that channel is highlighted.

billyhoss
04-16-2017, 07:32 PM
Does this box come with a free IPTV server like the FreeTV Pro app in Dreamlink T1? Does it also hide the adult channels listings like the T1 does when the adult channels are set to locked?
you need to enter the passcode to get into the adult channels

veronicas
04-17-2017, 12:55 AM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/billyhoss/20170324_141439.jpg (http://s209.photobucket.com/user/billyhoss/media/20170324_141439.jpg.html)
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/billyhoss/Resized_20170320_133754.jpg (http://s209.photobucket.com/user/billyhoss/media/Resized_20170320_133754.jpg.html)
these are the 2 guides, the grid guide you get by pressing epg button, the other just press ok when viewing live tv.
you set favorites in the second guide by pressing the yellow button when that channel is highlighted.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for doing that. Omg I had no idea it had such an EPG. I'm really intrigued now, and may end up picking this bad boy up. I think I may end up going with this box rather than waiting for the new Dreamlink box in June/July.

Seriously, thanks again. I'm sure many folks wanna see those photos. :D

EDIT: As others have said, I sold my T1 due to the abandoned promises that were made. I loved it, but I refuse to support a company that deceives and gouges its customers for money. At least that's my point of view.

I look forward to trying one of these bad boys. It looks pretty epic. Has there been many/any system updates since you guys have received your boxes?

Cheers!

crazy carl
04-17-2017, 02:03 AM
Seems like this thread is really picking up..own section perhaps

billyhoss
04-17-2017, 02:35 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH for doing that. Omg I had no idea it had such an EPG. I'm really intrigued now, and may end up picking this bad boy up. I think I may end up going with this box rather than waiting for the new Dreamlink box in June/July.

Seriously, thanks again. I'm sure many folks wanna see those photos. :D

EDIT: As others have said, I sold my T1 due to the abandoned promises that were made. I loved it, but I refuse to support a company that deceives and gouges its customers for money. At least that's my point of view.

I look forward to trying one of these bad boys. It looks pretty epic. Has there been many/any system updates since you guys have received your boxes?

Cheers!

yes it is really a good epg. yes there has been a few updates to fix bugs, they are very good to deal with and solve problems very fast! the box itself is faster then the old t1 and is pretty seamless channel changing/surfing, vod and stuff like that. very impressed with it. it is worth trying out forsure.
I was dealing with the org t1s and they left a sour taste in my mouth with this whole new box and lack of upgrade to it and a new box already in the works.
any other questions just ask away!!

billyhoss
04-17-2017, 04:48 AM
here is a couple more, not sure why its saving so small. first is the home page. second is the market and last is another of the epg guide
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/billyhoss/2.jpg (http://s209.photobucket.com/user/billyhoss/media/2.jpg.html)
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/billyhoss/thumbnail_Resized_20170310_121308.jpg (http://s209.photobucket.com/user/billyhoss/media/thumbnail_Resized_20170310_121308.jpg.html)
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/billyhoss/1.jpg (http://s209.photobucket.com/user/billyhoss/media/1.jpg.html)

veronicas
04-17-2017, 09:09 AM
That's absolutely beautiful! Thank you very much for posting this info and photos. I'm sure many folks will be interested in the box after seeing that.

And the Google PlayStore works as expected?

I think I'm gonna get one. I already own a few s905 boxes from beta tests which is why I've been holding off lol.

Cheers!

EDIT: I forgot to add that the device uses a s905-b Soc which if I remember correctly, has a bug in the hardware decoder for 4K 10 bit X265(HEVC) videos. No IPTV sub uses X265 anways, and if you don't have a 4K TV , you got nothing to worry about. If you watch a lot of "4K 10bit X265 videos" , you may have issues with playing them smoothly. Just something to be aware of.Software decoding should work perfectly fine however (if the box can handle it, which I'm not sure of)

plorraine
04-17-2017, 01:18 PM
I picked up an XPL 2000 on Saturday and have a few minor nits/questions. When playing VOD from the iptv provider, content is stretched vertically to fill the window rather than being shown letterboxed - is there a way to correct this? There does not seem to be a setting to change this - has anyone else found this? Content is shown correctly through Kodi 17.1 on the Buzztv but not through the VOD selection. Also, the rewind feature on live tv accessed by pressing right arrow on the available channels (shown on the grid with a double arrow) does not function for me - it crashes back to the Buzztv homescreen after showing a calendar of recent days on the left side of the screen - touching the calendar leads to the crash to homescreen. Channel changing is largely smooth and fast - I've encountered minor freezes when switching to channels that aren't active at the moment where the system won't switch to another one until a long time out occurs - not sure if this is consistently happening. The google playstore is accessible and largely works - be careful for mobil vs tablet or tv formatted apps.

Otherwise, the XPL 2000 seems to be working fairly well. The interface is quite clean and responsive.

crazy carl
04-18-2017, 01:43 AM
We stickied this thread here in this forum guys.
That will have to do for now but will get yous a forum soon.
:)

Thanks for making it a sticky.

Cheers

plorraine
04-19-2017, 04:25 PM
I've been interested in the reason for the VOD being stretched vertically on some letter-boxed content - again I'm not sure if this is provider specific as I've only tested this with one provider. But I have "crashed" the live TV app a few times back to the VLC player settings menu which suggests to me the Buzztv app is built to use VLC player (which does the automatic stretching if used on android apps like flawless tv but not if using mx player). It is possible that the VLC player settings appearing is an artifact of something else I've had running earlier but perhaps there is hope for adjusting a default setting here. I'm going to see if a higher bitrate provider (with servers topologically closer to me) improves video frame rate - non-iptv sources like Netflix or related stream flawlessly - right now the system is working pretty well.

Munstah
04-19-2017, 08:12 PM
Hi Munstah could you please tell me how to get rid of STB messages e.g. your subscription is going to expire, package changes etc.... on MAG , AVOV you can simply press OK and message will go away but on Buzz Tv these messages are not going away. Any help will be appreciated

on my buzz tv devices i just hit ok and they disappear.

Munstah
04-19-2017, 08:21 PM
I picked up an XPL 2000 on Saturday and have a few minor nits/questions. When playing VOD from the iptv provider, content is stretched vertically to fill the window rather than being shown letterboxed - is there a way to correct this? There does not seem to be a setting to change this - has anyone else found this? Content is shown correctly through Kodi 17.1 on the Buzztv but not through the VOD selection. Also, the rewind feature on live tv accessed by pressing right arrow on the available channels (shown on the grid with a double arrow) does not function for me - it crashes back to the Buzztv homescreen after showing a calendar of recent days on the left side of the screen - touching the calendar leads to the crash to homescreen. Channel changing is largely smooth and fast - I've encountered minor freezes when switching to channels that aren't active at the moment where the system won't switch to another one until a long time out occurs - not sure if this is consistently happening. The google playstore is accessible and largely works - be careful for mobil vs tablet or tv formatted apps.

Otherwise, the XPL 2000 seems to be working fairly well. The interface is quite clean and responsive.

I haven't managed to crash the buzz tv application except a few times when holding the up or down button to scroll through channels using an aftermarket airmouse remote. In each case it crashed back to main screen and not VLC. I've tested with 5 servers and all seemed to work great except for one which could not connect. Channel change speed varies from service to service. tv catch up function works flawlessly on the couple servers that truly support this option.

plorraine
04-19-2017, 09:27 PM
That's interesting - can you let me know an example service that supports catchup?

I've mostly experimented on ----STAFF Edited---- did not think to try this on a yyy evaluation that expired. I can crash back to the desk top by trying to select catchup on ..... When in the live TV app, I pressed menu on the remote and a window appears on the side with a list of choices - below a horizontal line in that menu is an option that is "Settings" (also update and a few others). I was trying to access that selection using both the provided remote and a mouse remote - it seemed to be available very briefly after the window appears but is not selectable after that. After trying to select Settings a few times, I opened a channel and hit the filled square button (full stop on playback) and crashed into the VLC player settings menu. Is VLC in your Apps directory? I'm wondering if it got dragged in for me as a dependency. I installed the Flawless android app and that prefers VLC as its player - possibly that's where it came in - I switched the zzz android app player to MX Player to fix the VOD stretching problem in that app and was hoping something similar might exist for the BuzzTV live app.

I'm reasonably impressed with this box so far.

veronicas
04-20-2017, 10:10 PM
That's interesting - can you let me know an example service that supports catchup?

I've mostly experimented on XXX - did not think to try this on a yyy evaluation that expired. I can crash back to the desk top by trying to select catchup on Epic. When in the live TV app, I pressed menu on the remote and a window appears on the side with a list of choices - below a horizontal line in that menu is an option that is "Settings" (also update and a few others). I was trying to access that selection using both the provided remote and a mouse remote - it seemed to be available very briefly after the window appears but is not selectable after that. After trying to select Settings a few times, I opened a channel and hit the filled square button (full stop on playback) and crashed into the VLC player settings menu. Is VLC in your Apps directory? I'm wondering if it got dragged in for me as a dependency. I installed the Flawless android app and that prefers VLC as its player - possibly that's where it came in - I switched the Flawless android app player to MX Player to fix the VOD stretching problem in that app and was hoping something similar might exist for the BuzzTV live app.

I'm reasonably impressed with this box so far.

I just picked one of these bad boys up for a pretty great deal (less than 100 CAD). Should be here sometime next week. I look forward to putting it through its paces and seeing if all the hype is warranted.

I hope it turns out to be a good box, and not a novelty!

Cheers

plorraine
04-21-2017, 01:10 PM
I can now confirm Munstah's comment about the catchup feature working correctly when on a server that implements it correctly. Also, frame rate issues seemed to improve a lot. Also, the settings menu on the menu pull-up in the Buzztv app calls up the server selection panel - not video quality.

sarkar
04-21-2017, 01:12 PM
Hi Veronica
Where did you buy this? Any link please?
Appreciated

veronicas
04-22-2017, 06:20 AM
I broke my golden rule lol. ebay

Azzlova
04-24-2017, 09:50 PM
Any one please help i bought this buzztv yesterday. I am not able to get to server page. Once i hit server it take me to MAC address. Any pic to help is greatly appreciated

veronicas
04-24-2017, 11:40 PM
I got mine today. IT IS SO SO SMALL, omg haha. Way smaller than any of my other boxes. It makes a MAG look huge

It comes pre rooted. Setup SuperSU and updated the su binary - check. Nice thing with this is, you can change the UI/layout and switch to a new launcher (and remove the old ones) if you prefer.

So far the Android firmware seems fairly stable. Much better than typical "android boxes". Only "BUG" I have noticed, is if you uninstall an app that came with the box (ex. kodi), when you reboot, it reinstalls the app you removed (kodi in this example). This should be easily fixable seeing as we have root access. (I think this is the INTENDED idea, hence not a bug)

Full Aptoid and GooglePlay Store access - no issues here.

WiFi seems to perform pretty good. The box is very snappy and quick.

I would advise all those who get the box, to turn it on, and update it immediately. Then do a full System reset, and then setup the box the way you want it.

I will update more when my Stalker sub becomes active.

Cheers!

crazy carl
04-25-2017, 01:31 AM
Keep us posted I look forward to your findings

veronicas
04-25-2017, 03:51 AM
Tested a few more things after getting Stalker setup.

IN STALKER PORTAL:
- Refresh rate switching does NOT work
- Channel changing is very fast
- Video quality is hit and miss. Some things look really good, but I'm noticing almost like a shake/blur in the background (unfocused) part of the video. Some things look worse than my MAG or dreamlink - same IPTV server
- Noticing almost a "motion blur" - similar to low bitrate streams

95% of the testing was done with VOD content in order to reduce the chance of mixing up the above symptoms with low birate streams. It could just be due to the indivual server I used, but I don't think so. It worked great on my T1.

There will be more to come. I won't be able to check many other stalker servers (costs $$). I will definitely test this server a lot more when I get a chance.

Cheers

Azzlova
04-25-2017, 05:23 AM
Hi Veronicas.
Please help i am not able to setup my stalker portal. As soon i hit server it takes screen showing Mac address user not found. Not sure what i am doing wrong here:(
Already linked my donation with MAC.

Please help apprecaited

veronicas
04-25-2017, 06:24 AM
I'm not sure, I don't use the server here - but after you link your MAC (00:1A:79......), You need to enter the portal URL address on that "server" area you mentioned before, under server #1. After that, hit "connect", and you should be connected.

Other than that, you'll have to follow all the other guides and questions on this forum for other devices like the MAG254 or T1 for linking a MAC and getting it setup. Its all the same basically, minus the visual layout differences between boxes, so the procedure is pretty much identical.

Cheers

Munstah
04-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Any one please help i bought this buzztv yesterday. I am not able to get to server page. Once i hit server it take me to MAC address. Any pic to help is greatly appreciated

Hold green button in order to see server input fields

Munstah
04-25-2017, 01:42 PM
Tested a few more things after getting Stalker setup.

IN STALKER PORTAL:
- Refresh rate switching does NOT work
- Channel changing is very fast
- Video quality is hit and miss. Some things look really good, but I'm noticing almost like a shake/blur in the background (unfocused) part of the video. Some things look worse than my MAG or dreamlink - same IPTV server
- Noticing almost a "motion blur" - similar to low bitrate streams

95% of the testing was done with VOD content in order to reduce the chance of mixing up the above symptoms with low birate streams. It could just be due to the indivual server I used, but I don't think so. It worked great on my T1.

There will be more to come. I won't be able to check many other stalker servers (costs $$). I will definitely test this server a lot more when I get a chance.

Cheers

Interesting findings on the VOD playback. I've now tested 7 stalker services but haven't tried one VOD as I exclusively use kodi for that sort of thing. I'll do some testing on the VOD myself tonight. I think this device could use a bit more refinement (I'm sure this will improve as updates roll out) but all in all I am very happy with it. The navigation alone impressed me. One button press from live tv to Kodi as oppose to the dozen button presses to do the same on my T1 devices.

Azzlova
04-25-2017, 06:41 PM
Still not getting logged on. I am using rocket server any tweaks needs to be done with MAC when linking to donation Thx for all the help

veronicas
04-25-2017, 07:47 PM
Which MAC did you use?? The one on the back side of the box it came in? Or the MAC listed on the screen in the "server" menu? You want the one displayed on screen in the server menu screen (00:1A:79...)

Keep trying, make sure to look for other threads with the same questions (just a different box)

Azzlova
04-26-2017, 03:34 AM
Yes i tried the on screen one (00:1A:79..) still no luck:(

Azzlova
04-26-2017, 03:49 AM
Finally got in thx peeps for all the help;)

veronicas
04-26-2017, 10:24 PM
I have decided to return the box. I wrote about it over in my thread if anyone is curious. Good luck with this box. I will check in here periodically to check for firmware updates.

crazy carl
04-26-2017, 11:34 PM
I have decided to return the box. I wrote about it over in my thread if anyone is curious. Good luck with this box. I will check in here periodically to check for firmware updates.

Atleast you gave Er the old college try and tested it out yourself..heard mixed results about this box thus far..it would be nice if there was a coder or someone who knew a coder to pass the info onto them

satman714
04-27-2017, 08:17 PM
I love this box! It does everything they said it would. The only update I'd like is for hdmi spoofing like the minix so that you can use certain apps that detect that. That is the only negative I have so far after 2 days. If it had that I'd ditch my minix.

Bultaco
05-01-2017, 05:05 PM
Hi Mustah,
1 few more questions...
Is there any GROUP button on Remote like T1 remote. If not how do you make channels fav?
What do the 4 buttons on Remote stand for? RED GREEN YELLOW BLUE ?
Is there any support link and manual download?
Can you please provide any video on youtube?
Many thanks

You don't need a "category" button.......the categories, Sports etc are listed down the side of the page, along with the Language selections.

I TOO would LOVE to see a manual for this thing. I accidentally LOCKED myself out of NBC Golf HD.........NEED TO HAVE IT, :-), and I can't figure out how to UNlock it.
I think I may have done it with the Red button on the remote........but now the box wants a Password to unlock it! WTF!! Anybody know what to do? Thanks.

Bultaco
05-01-2017, 05:07 PM
I love this box! It does everything they said it would.

Do you know how to Unlock a channel that I inadvertently locked.......with a button on the remote??

Thanks,
Mike

Bultaco
05-01-2017, 05:08 PM
Also.......my keyboard's spacebar doesn't work on my computer when I use "Quick Reply" on this forum. What's up with that? I have to go to Advanced.

??

Munstah
05-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Also.......my keyboard's spacebar doesn't work on my computer when I use "Quick Reply" on this forum. What's up with that? I have to go to Advanced.

??

Hey Taco,

Red button does indeed channel lock.. default password = 0000. Also, that space bar issue on quick reply is some sort of browser issue. I have the same issue with chrome but it seems to work in internet explorer.

Bultaco
05-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Hey Taco,

Red button does indeed channel lock.. default password = 0000. Also, that space bar issue on quick reply is some sort of browser issue. I have the same issue with chrome but it seems to work in internet explorer.

Right-you-are-on-both-issues.(like-the-way-I-got-around-THIS-one?-:-)

Munstah
05-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Right-you-are-on-both-issues.(like-the-way-I-got-around-THIS-one?-:-)

lol yup I've been there - damn chrome

veronicas
05-04-2017, 02:33 AM
I love this box! It does everything they said it would. The only update I'd like is for hdmi spoofing like the minix so that you can use certain apps that detect that. That is the only negative I have so far after 2 days. If it had that I'd ditch my minix.

Can you achieve the same thing with Xposed framework? (Look into that!) I installed it OK on the box. WARNING: If you screw /system files up, a factory reset may not fix it. Be careful everyone who is using root features like this.

I would research how MINIX accomplished this feature because you may be able to achieve it.

Has someone contacted BuzzTV for the original firmware IMG file that can be restored using the Amlogic Burning tool from a Windows PC? If someone gets this, please upload it for people to have.

If you screw up system or bootloader, I think the only way to fix it, is to exchange it (unless someone can upload the firmware IMG).

floder2
05-04-2017, 07:25 AM
Is this normal with the Buzztv Box ......When your in live-Tv and want to return to the main menu page ...exit does not do it......I have to hit the HOME button on the remote

ChevyFan
05-05-2017, 04:29 AM
Are you able to set a show reminder with this box like you can with the Dreamlink T1?

Also, I saw some pictures of this device's EPG on another page of this thread, but the resolution was like 120 x 200 or something.. lol, can someone PLEASE upload a high resolution picture (or video) showing the EPG?

Thanks!

- David

floder2
05-05-2017, 11:04 PM
See if this is any better.......I really do like this little Box .........This is on my old TV in garage ..........Its stuck in Zoom mode....so thats why picture does not fit perfect............

https://s3.postimg.org/isvccj24j/P70505-155036.jpg

crazy carl
05-05-2017, 11:17 PM
See if this is any better.......I really do like this little Box .........This is on my old TV in garage ..........Its stuck in Zoom mode....so thats why picture does not fit perfect............

Nixe post.. Why is it stuck in zoom mode

floder2
05-06-2017, 03:56 AM
Using ...........NFPS provider

floder2
05-06-2017, 03:57 AM
Not the Box....the TV is in Zoom mode........TV is old and not working well............................Box is fine.................

ChevyFan
05-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Using ...........NFPS provider

cool, what's the difference really between NFPS and a typical IPTV provider?

crazy carl
05-07-2017, 12:04 AM
cool, what's the difference really between NFPS and a typical IPTV provider?

Since other iptv services are not discussed here there really can't be a comparison of your considering and iptv service just be mindful that this is a grey area market and so it will perform as one there will be ups and downs and freezing and channels that will come and go just the name of the game

billyhoss
05-07-2017, 02:22 AM
was an update today, fixed a few bugs and seems to have solved the zoom in vod now its letterbox if the feed is that way

Munstah
05-07-2017, 07:01 AM
was an update today, fixed a few bugs and seems to have solved the zoom in vod now its letterbox if the feed is that way

yes, you now also have the option to change display setting while viewing VOD content which is nice. Also, I noticed they fixed the channel scrolling crash issue. I'm hoping they overhaul EPG and add support for those few services that aren't compatible (stbemu works in the meantime). So far this is the 3rd Buzz Tv application update that I've seen so far, nice to see that they are fixing the few bugs and glitches.

ChevyFan
05-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Does the BuzzTV box support Time Shift, as well as recording? if not, it's all good, just curious

floder2
05-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Does the BuzzTV box support Time Shift, as well as recording? if not, it's all good, just curious

So you say a Buzztv box will make you feel like you died and went to heaven...........yet your asking about Time Shift ..............Do you actually own a Buzztv box ?? If yes.........then test Time Shift and report back..... ..As you can see by my posts that I do own one.........I like the box as I said before...worth the money......

crazy carl
05-08-2017, 03:03 PM
.... edited post...

What your doing is really no better..as stated comparisons are not allowed and yet your just using the term "said box"..were trying to keep this thread clean it was q stretch that we even have this section..

molebdynum
05-08-2017, 07:45 PM

I have a Buzztv box.. Time shifting works using XXXX Iptv. I also did a trial with XXXX. The time shifting did not work. I spoke to Fr0-z3n and he said that there is a bug with the Buzztv, as the other boxes like the T1 plus and mag254 has time shifting working. I don't know about a recording feature but time shifting eliminates the need for that IMHO.

Bultaco
05-08-2017, 07:46 PM
No. It's not made by mygica.

floder2
05-08-2017, 08:24 PM
latest hardware from MyGica Factory with BuzzTV Software Technology .............So this box is independent of MyGica ......Just built in the same factory.........

Bultaco
05-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Can somebody please help a newbie?
I'm trying to figure out if my (apparent) EPG problems are "provider related" or "newbie related"! LOL

floder2's screenshot doesn't look anything like mine. But I don't know if my provider is crappy or I have to change a setting.......or....???

Here's mine:

https://s5.postimg.org/n455uvj53/20170508_164741_1.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/51c33nnab/)image hosting over 5mb (https://postimage.io/)certificity.com (https://certificity.com/)

As YOU can see..........I can see what's playing now.....and for the next couple of hours.
BUT....how do I "go back"?

Bultaco
05-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Yeah........the friendly folks who answer BuzzTV's customer service email are, understandably, a little less than...........forthcoming, shall we say?!?!

Bultaco
05-08-2017, 09:13 PM
I have a Buzztv box.. Time shifting works using *** Iptv. I also did a trial with ***. The time shifting did not work. I spoke to Fr0-z3n and he said that there is a bug with the Buzztv, as the other boxes like the T1 plus and mag254 has time shifting working. I don't know about a recording feature but time shifting eliminates the need for that IMHO.

I really hate coming off sounding stupid.......but....why would we pay extra for the Buzz if its EPG/time-shifting capabilities are iffy?

crazed 9.6
05-08-2017, 11:00 PM
What your doing is really no better..as stated comparisons are not allowed and yet your just using the term "said box"..were trying to keep this thread clean it was q stretch that we even have this section..

posts have been deleted... That is easy enough to do and will ensure the thread stays on topic :)

thnx guys :)

billyhoss
05-09-2017, 12:17 AM
I really hate coming off sounding stupid.......but....why would we pay extra for the Buzz if its EPG/time-shifting capabilities are iffy?
cause they will come out with updates and fix problems. with a newer box they will have bugs but will work on them

Munstah
05-09-2017, 12:57 AM
cause they will come out with updates and fix problems. with a newer box they will have bugs but will work on them

Also some people are using servers in which the time shifting works flawlessly.

Munstah
05-09-2017, 01:20 AM
I'm trying to figure out if my (apparent) EPG problems are "provider related" or "newbie related"! LOL

floder2's screenshot doesn't look anything like mine. But I don't know if my provider is crappy or I have to change a setting.......or....???

Here's mine:

https://s5.postimg.org/n455uvj53/20170508_164741_1.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/51c33nnab/)image hosting over 5mb (https://postimage.io/)certificity.com (https://certificity.com/)

As YOU can see..........I can see what's playing now.....and for the next couple of hours.

From the screen you showed simply press the right direction button

billyhoss
05-09-2017, 02:27 AM

Here's mine:

By "go back" do you mean time shifting? If so only the channels that have the << on the end can do time shifting and on that channel just click right on the remote to bring it up for that channel.

ChevyFan
05-09-2017, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE=floder2;190756]See if this is any better.......I really do like this little Box .........This is on my old TV in garage ..........Its stuck in Zoom mode....so thats why picture does not fit perfect............

How come your EPG doesn't look the same as this?

Another user posted this in the last page of this forum..

I would prefer the way yours looks though vs how his looks..

Kimbo
05-09-2017, 12:53 PM
Cool, I can't find a website for XXXX IPTV though..is it new?

Chevy this is getting old, we do not discuss other services. Consider this your last warning. Site rules will be enforce without prejudice!

camt
05-11-2017, 02:06 AM
I bout a buzztv about a month ago and has been working great so far. 2 days ago I had a prompt saying an update was available and I clicked to make the update. It kept showing a screen that said "Loading" and below that "Handshake started..." then showed a loading icon/spinner and 30+ mins later nothing happened. I used the box tonight and Kodi worked fine, but when I clicked on LiveTV I still see this "Loading" and "handshake started..." and cannot get to livetv.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know where to get support? I see that their website seems to be: hxxp://getbuzz.tv/but I don't see anything about support, downloads ,etc. I went to settings -> disabled automatic update -> run a manual update and it says no updates found.

billyhoss
05-11-2017, 03:32 AM
I bout a buzztv about a month ago and has been working great so far. 2 days ago I had a prompt saying an update was available and I clicked to make the update. It kept showing a screen that said "Loading" and below that "Handshake started..." then showed a loading icon/spinner and 30+ mins later nothing happened. I used the box tonight and Kodi worked fine, but when I clicked on LiveTV I still see this "Loading" and "handshake started..." and cannot get to livetv.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know where to get support? I see that their website seems to be: hxxp://getbuzz.tv/ but I don't see anything about support, downloads ,etc. I went to settings -> disabled automatic update -> run a manual update and it says no updates found.

did you let the update finish before you did anything else? might have to do a factory reset and start over

Loum
05-11-2017, 03:55 PM
Hope some of you guys and gals that have had this BuzzTV box for a while can help. Thanks to reading this forum I was able to figure out that you have to hold down green button to enter URL. I have a few more questions and hope someone can answer.

1. The very first server is name "Default" when you select that you can change only name. there is no line for URL. What is this for?

2. The specs say this has 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi. The 5GHz SSID for my network does not show up on my box. I am in same room as my extreme router so distance isn't an issue. All my other devices that pick up 5Ghz work fine. I have tried a factory reset already and din't fix.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kimbo
05-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Is this box better than the T1 Plus?

Read the specs, on both and the comments on this thread, otherwise and make an educated decision.

Munstah
05-11-2017, 06:30 PM

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know where to get support? I see that their website seems to be: hxxp://getbuzz.tv/but I don't see anything about support, downloads ,etc. I went to settings -> disabled automatic update -> run a manual update and it says no updates found.

I reported this issue with that update and certain servers to them and was told that their engineer is looking into it.

Munstah
05-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Hope some of you guys and gals that have had this BuzzTV box for a while can help. Thanks to reading this forum I was able to figure out that you have to hold down green button to enter URL. I have a few more questions and hope someone can answer.

1. The very first server is name "Default" when you select that you can change only name. there is no line for URL. What is this for?

2. The specs say this has 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi. The 5GHz SSID for my network does not show up on my box. I am in same room as my extreme router so distance isn't an issue. All my other devices that pick up 5Ghz work fine. I have tried a factory reset already and din't fix.

Thanks in advance for any help!

To answer question #1.. default is the url for a certain service which you cannot change. Just ignore and use the 9 other slots.

Loum
05-12-2017, 06:03 PM
To answer question #1.. default is the url for a certain service which you cannot change. Just ignore and use the 9 other slots.

Now to just figure out what that server is!! lol

floder2
05-12-2017, 08:26 PM
Now to just figure out what that server is!! lol

The server is one of these .....depending on what service you paid for ................use these URL's
s1.iptv66.tv
p1.iptvrocket.tv
p1.iptvprivateserver.tv
p2.iptvprivateserver.tv

Munstah
05-13-2017, 04:14 AM
The server is one of these .....depending on what service you paid for ................use these URL's
s1.iptv66.tv
p1.iptvrocket.tv
p1.iptvprivateserver.tv
p2.iptvprivateserver.tv

No it isn't any of those. That default server is one that is not supported here.

fickit
05-13-2017, 12:07 PM
Its stuck in Zoom mode....so thats why picture does not fit perfect............

Did you turn off overscan in the settings on the TV/monitor?

Were you able to get the update bug resolved? Anyone else have issues with updating the box?
I'm supposed to pick up 2 of these boxes and your post has me a little leery of buying a brand new iptv box.

floder2
05-13-2017, 04:38 PM
READ the POST........I said MY TV IS BAD......box works perfect without any video or zoom problems on my 3 other TV's ...........This TV is in the garage because its broken

By the way .....i have taken all the updates from Buzztv and never had a problem with updating................

fickit
05-13-2017, 09:17 PM
READ the POST........I said MY TV IS BAD......box works perfect without any video or zoom problems on my 3 other TV's ...........This TV is in the garage because its broken

By the way .....i have taken all the updates from Buzztv and never had a problem with updating................

I did read it but most people don't realize leaving overscan on will cause the same issue you had in your photo, that's why I suggested it.

I passed on buying the boxes, the guy was acting sketchy. I guess it's just part of the business but I didn't want to take the risk buying from him.

plorraine
05-14-2017, 05:00 PM
I've been out of town for about 10 days and returned home to find the new update available on the buzztv - it was offered as an optional install when I started the live TV app. The new app version is 1.5 (which I swear was the same version as the last one) and remedies a few of my complaints. VOD content is not stretched to fill from letterbox to full vertical extent of the screen - there is a menu option called "auto" when VOD content is paused that is present but I haven't tested. The buzztv app / vod player now is fully usable from my perspective. Regarding the guide, two photos of the onscreen guide are in this thread - one of these is the default "live tv" master view with the preview in the top right, a list of channels on the left, and a short list of upcoming shows on the highlighted channel. The other version is accessed by hitting the EPG button (part of the Live TV, VOD, and EPG set of three on the physical remote). I am not certain if there are any changes to the EPG version which shows a set of 5 channels with a grid guide for the next two hours to the right - scrolling onto the guide moves the single channel content sideways without scrolling the time labels. It seems to me a more reasonable setting would be to scroll the entire view for the five stations with the time labels moving at the same time. Right now I'm back to using the Buzztv app full time rather than switching off to stbemu. Good update with no hick-ups.

crazy carl
05-14-2017, 10:26 PM
Thanks for your current assessment or the newest update plorraine doea stb emulator run smooth as well?

htkothari
05-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Thanks for your current assessment or the newest update plorraine doea stb emulator run smooth as well?

To answer your question : you dont need stb emu on this box. It is already pre-designed to run iptv. you just have to add the servers and thats it.

I just got this box yesterday and it seems like it is working nice and smooth. However, one thing i found out is the video quality seems a tiny bit blurred as compared to mag. i dont know may be there is a fix for this?

plorraine
05-15-2017, 07:03 PM
I don't have a mag (or other) for comparison. Veronicas in another thread made some comments where she felt the native buzztv app had inferior video quality to that with stbemu using the exo player. My casual observation has been that over several different providers, channels that look good on stbemu look good on the buzztv app but that this varies with channel and provider as you might expect. Yesterday I watched a baseball game using the buzztv app that was beautiful - high frame rate and free of blurring. VOD content using the buzztv player looks better than the earlier release and comparable to stbemu - again a very casual comparison. In Veronicas' other thread, someone who had been in contact with the developer reported that buzztv is built with the exo player and that the quality *should* be the same - whether it is or not is the question.

floder2
05-16-2017, 12:50 AM
I believe that Buzztv had an update or two since Veronicas posted.................. I have owned Avov--Mags--Dreamlink T1--- firestick.... and now Buzztv........I can tell you that for me Buzztv is just as good as the Dreamlink T1 plus....very happy with it.........But I still love my Dreamlink...................

Munstah
05-16-2017, 01:00 AM
I believe that Buzztv had an update or two since Veronicas posted.................. I have owned Avov--Mags--Dreamlink T1--- firestick.... and now Buzztv........I can tell you that for me Buzztv is just as good as the Dreamlink T1 plus....very happy with it.........But I still love my Dreamlink...................

ditto.. very happy with my buzz but still use dreamlink as well

htkothari
05-16-2017, 08:36 PM
ditto.. very happy with my buzz but still use dreamlink as well

Hi Munstah,

If you can share some light on this....

I tried watching a couple of movies last night. they both stopped somewhere in around 15 minutes. I am not sure, if this is a server issue or a buzztv issue? Does this kind of issues happen with mag boxes too?

plorraine
05-16-2017, 08:41 PM
I've watched a number of movies through the VOD part of the buzztv app as well as through Netflix, Kodi and stbemu - in all cases the video has played to the end. I would guess this is a network (either your local WIFI/LAN or ISP) or server issue rather than with the Buzztv.

zkadoura
05-17-2017, 03:18 AM
did anyone test if this device support surround sound 5.1? even through Kodi on the device?
also, does it support HDMI-CEC?

camt
05-17-2017, 02:21 PM
did you let the update finish before you did anything else? might have to do a factory reset and start over

The update didn't seem to do anything. It kept showing a screen that said "Loading" and below that "Handshake started..." then showed a loading icon/spinner and 30+ mins later nothing happened.

Thanks for the tip though, I did a factory reset and problem is resolved. It does suck that I lost all my settings, installed apps, etc.

camt
05-17-2017, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=Loum;191338
[/QUOTE]

5Ghz wifi working fine for me.

camt
05-17-2017, 02:27 PM
Were you able to get the update bug resolved? Anyone else have issues with updating the box?
I'm supposed to pick up 2 of these boxes and your post has me a little leery of buying a brand new iptv box.

Updates seem buggy to me, but overall I would recommend the box.

I had to do a factory reset and then box worked again. After doing a factory reset I went to updates, turned off auto, then ran a scan for manual updates = none found. Turned auto back on. A few mins later I was prompted that an update was available. I accepted / installed and working fine. Weird that it wouldn't find the update on a manual search / manual update.

Loum
05-17-2017, 02:46 PM
5Ghz wifi working fine for me.

Yes it is now showing up for me too. Oddly it would not show up when the box was a few feet away from router but when I moved it into a different room it showed up that time.

beadvised
05-19-2017, 01:17 AM
so I ordered a buzz tv xpl2000 from ebay and was sent a atv 1900 pro instead. Mygica says they can load the buzztv firmware onto it. Should I send the ATV back or keep it?

floder2
05-19-2017, 04:06 AM
so I ordered a buzz tv xpl2000 from ebay and was sent a atv 1900 pro instead. Mygica says they can load the buzztv firmware onto it. Should I send the ATV back or keep it?

Ask them if they can give you a download link of the firmware and install it via usb to the box..........it would be nice to have a copy of the firmware

crazy carl
05-19-2017, 04:47 PM

Interesting...interesting indeed my bottom dollar says they want to teamviewer the install instead of sending you the firmware file..would be nice to get an image though so modders can tinker

floder2
05-19-2017, 05:15 PM

A friend had the same thing happen...they sent him and ATV 1900 Pro by mistake .same guy from Mygica on e-bay..........He said they thought they could but can't install buzztv firmware on that box via Teamviewer .......so they said to send it back and they will pay for all shipping costs ....plus send him the Buzztv box .......or another choice was to send the box back and they will refund your original order plus the shipping costs you endured ...sending the atv 1900 pro back ..........sounds pretty upfront to me ........

floder2
05-19-2017, 07:43 PM
I went into the files on my buzztv box and copied the Buzztv app ..you know the one that looks like a beehive .........it was an apk file.........tried to install it on my Nvidia Stream box ............came up with a message that that app can only be installed in a MyGica STB

beadvised
05-19-2017, 08:05 PM
I went into the files on my buzztv box and copied the Buzztv app ..you know the one that looks like a beehive .........it was an apk file.........tried to install it on my Nvidia Stream box ............came up with a message that that app can only be installed in a MyGica STB

Hello, after speaking with our engineers we cannot update the box via teamviewer as we first thought. which means the only want to convert 1900 pro if we did the update. please mail back the atv 1900 pro with all contents and original box to: MyGica LLC 5325 E 82nd street - 304 Indianapolis, Indiana 46250 please send us the tracking number and the cost for shipping. we will reimburse you the shipping cost. please ship via USPS cheapest service. we will reship a proper buzztv xpl2000 box thanks

Where did you all purchase yours from?

floder2
05-19-2017, 08:20 PM
Ebay .................. this is the seller ..( mygicaoutlet) ...been good to me ......

crazy carl
05-20-2017, 02:09 AM
Same dude that everyone is trying to buy it off o
Of. Seems like a nice person answered all my questions but I'm Leary now more then ever on the bid wars that happen on the BuzzTV.. Especially if there not even sending the right unit. Wondering why mygiga outlet seller doesn't know the buzztv firmware van be installed..when mygiga themselves claim this box is not supported by them. Me thinks there's something off here

floder2
05-20-2017, 03:54 AM
BuzzTV is made by the same manufacturer "Geniatech" as MyGiga boxes
But they are 2 separate companies.

Never noticed any bid wars..............never got any box from him except the Buzz ........each time I bought he sent the correct item ...........He sells with an option to make an offer .......gives good discount ////lowball him and he will counter with a very good price..............

ChevyFan
05-23-2017, 08:55 AM
I suggest buying it from TecFront..I bought another Box from them, and I was unhappy with its performance, so I returned it, and they gave me a refund really fast, and then I found out that they sold the BuzzTV box, so I placed an order with them, and I should be recieving it any day now! The customer support is really good, they are friendly, and you can tell they actually cared that I wasn't happy with the other box I bought..

They are also based in Manitoba, so if you live in Canada this is a good thing :-)

veronicas
05-24-2017, 09:15 PM

I just had a fellow reseller send me a new Buzz box to test the newest updates. He was saying the same thing - washed/blurred picture in the BuzzTV app.

So I've now tested two Buzz boxes on a total of 6 TV's - each with the same identical issue. I even tried resetting the TV's settings just in case that was the issue.

I've spoken to a few other sellers of the box and they too have heard feedback similar to mine from some users. But some users who own multiple boxes claim the picture quality is identical. (No issue)

So I really dunno what to say. As an Android dev, I know something bad is happening, but it seems to be an intermittent issue that may only be affected with certain TVs. Just odd that none of the 6 TVs were able to display it properly.

Still scratching my head.

I've started reverse engineering the BuzzTV app to see if I can get it to run on my other s905 devices.

veronicas
05-24-2017, 09:22 PM

EDIT: Rats I see they won't send it to you.

IF ANYONE GETS THE FIRMWARE FILE, PLEASE UPLOAD IT somewhere like "mega" and share the link with the community. As it stands now, if you screw up the system directory, which is really easy to do, (by using root, or xposed framework) the only way to fix it is to return it. Factory reset will not help.

This IMG file can/will save many people from paying to exchange/return the box. You would be able to restore it to factory fresh in 5 minutes.

floder2
05-27-2017, 05:09 AM
They are not going to let their Firmware go out to the public........Dreamlink does not either...........or Avov ................................

EDIT: Rats I see they won't send it to you.

IF ANYONE GETS THE FIRMWARE FILE, PLEASE UPLOAD IT somewhere like "mega" and share the link with the community. As it stands now, if you screw up the system directory, which is really easy to do, (by using root, or xposed framework) the only way to fix it is to return it. Factory reset will not help.

This IMG file can/will save many people from paying to exchange/return the box. You would be able to restore it to factory fresh in 5 minutes.

Munstah
05-29-2017, 03:18 AM
just got back from vacay and noticed a buzz tv app updates that has fixed the endless 'handshaking' issue on a number of services. Confirmed all working beautifully now. Looks like approx 2 week turn around time for this fix since I reported the issues. Glad to see regular updates being rolled out to iron out the issues.

Loum
05-30-2017, 11:28 AM
I set up a second device yesterday and after it did its update I noticed it was different than my first box.

New box- Running Build V001M901_20170304 has a market icon on main screen for Aptoide Market. When you go into server settings it has all the servers nicely listed along the left. No need to hold the green button down and No default server. When I go into the box settings and Apps the BuzzTV app is named just "BuzzTV".

Older box- Running Build V001M901_20170414 has no market icon on main screen for Aptoide Market. Only 4 icons along the top not 5. When you go into server settings it just comes up with mac address and Connect or Cancel. Now you need to hold the green button down to get to the server list. When I go into the box settings and Apps the BuzzTV app is named "BuzzTV V3".

I have tried several things to get the newer box to update to the newest build including a factory reset, manual update, unplugging, waiting an hour for auto update.

If others can report back on what build they are running and the quality of the picture in live TV if it is grainy or not like some others have reported it would be great.

veronicas
05-30-2017, 07:54 PM
They are not going to let their Firmware go out to the public........Dreamlink does not either...........or Avov ................................

That's what they would like you think ;)

Next time I get a box, I'll try to rip the IMG direct from the system. (No idea when that will be) I've done it on other Android devices, but not s905. But using ADB is the way I used to do it. Unsure if these boards have UART/serial contacts on them.

I haven't tried the new update (already sent back) so others will have to chime in regarding video quality.

floder2
05-30-2017, 08:16 PM
So you used Android Debug Bridge for other android boxes.........but the board in the Buzztv will have to have an interface ...such as serial or other bus connection...............

Munstah
06-01-2017, 03:22 PM
I set up a second device yesterday and after it did its update I noticed it was different than my first box.

New box- Running Build V001M901_20170304 has a market icon on main screen for Aptoide Market. When you go into server settings it has all the servers nicely listed along the left. No need to hold the green button down and No default server. When I go into the box settings and Apps the BuzzTV app is named just "BuzzTV".

Older box- Running Build V001M901_20170414 has no market icon on main screen for Aptoide Market. Only 4 icons along the top not 5. When you go into server settings it just comes up with mac address and Connect or Cancel. Now you need to hold the green button down to get to the server list. When I go into the box settings and Apps the BuzzTV app is named "BuzzTV V3".

I have tried several things to get the newer box to update to the newest build including a factory reset, manual update, unplugging, waiting an hour for auto update.

If others can report back on what build they are running and the quality of the picture in live TV if it is grainy or not like some others have reported it would be great.

Yes, there are indeed two versions of this box out there. The one with the market on home screen and straight forward server settings (not having to hold green button in order to input) is the ideal version as it receives updates first. I got in contact with their support team regarding this and was told that only they could perform the upgrade at their office. Looks to me like a lot of the ebay and amazon sellers seem to be selling that older version. Aside from server settings, update timing and market option on main screen I haven't noticed any other differences though.

floder2
06-01-2017, 03:36 PM
I own 6 of these boxes and all are New box- Running Build V001M901_20170304 .............purchased from e-bay ....I believe the seller is actually someone from the Buzztv Company.................

molebdynum
06-03-2017, 04:41 AM
I have the latest update but I'm having problem with a service and opened a ticket with them.

floder2
06-06-2017, 03:50 PM
I have the latest update but I'm having problem with a service and opened a ticket with them.

What problem and what service ?

fickit
06-08-2017, 01:56 PM
Yes, there are indeed two versions of this box out there. The one with the market on home screen and straight forward server settings (not having to hold green button in order to input) is the ideal version as it receives updates first. I got in contact with their support team regarding this and was told that only they could perform the upgrade at their office. Looks to me like a lot of the ebay and amazon sellers seem to be selling that older version. Aside from server settings, update timing and market option on main screen I haven't noticed any other differences though.

How would we know which box is the new version?

Can someone tell me where to find the model number, is it on the bottom of the box or in settings menu? (buying a used box and would like to get the newer version of the box)

floder2
06-08-2017, 02:53 PM
Not the model number ....it is the build version your looking for..........you have to turn on the box and go to the settings...info ,,,,,,,,should be Build V001M901_20170304

fickit
06-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Thanks for clearing that up, mine is the newest build number.
This box is great, I may just upgrade my mag boxes to these.

yohector
06-09-2017, 12:14 PM
This is to imform all friends from forum,i just bougth one of this boxes,is the worst box i ever have,it is very slow,hart to setting ,and for my sorprice ,at time to return ,because i dint want it,they have 10% restocking charges,but not only that.there return shipment is in canada,so you end wit loosing 30.00 dollars,10,00 for stoking charges and 20.00 for international shipment...just to tested.....dont buy this box is lousy ,slow ,the t1 is for miles best box ,it beats the Buzz 1200 in every detail,so be aware ,dont waste your money.....ps.........they recieved my return box on may 31 and ass today june 9 i havent recieved my refund.....sorry is buzz 2000

floder2
06-09-2017, 02:17 PM
What is (Buzz 1200) ? ? ................You either got a defected box or your not sure how to set it up ............I've been using these boxes for 4 months now .......not a problem......Very fast.........sorry your having a problem

Loum
06-09-2017, 03:33 PM
What is (Buzz 1200) ? ? ................You either got a defected box or your not sure how to set it up ............I've been using these boxes for 4 months now .......not a problem......Very fast.........sorry your having a problem

I agree!! The entire rant there was nothing specific about the device except for one small thing. Even that wasn't very descriptive!! Don't care about where you purchased it from and the issues you are having with the purchase!

floder2
06-09-2017, 03:36 PM
Yea...Was not sure what his complaint was........It was hard to understand his use of the English language .........

yohector
06-09-2017, 04:48 PM
There is only Buzz tv 1200 in iptv.so if don't want to understand ,if your problem.But this is very in poor in quality ,and picture,even in HD is poor. Sorry is the buzz 2000.

floder2
06-09-2017, 06:13 PM
You must mean the Buzztv xpl 2000 ..it is the only Buzztv box made.....Sorry you have problems with it....but there are plenty of people here that have had these boxes and DON'T encounter the problems you are having...

NBS
06-09-2017, 07:58 PM
There is only Buzz tv 1200 in iptv.so if don't want to understand ,if your problem.But this is very in poor in quality ,and picture,even in HD is poor

pic quality is not poor

crazy carl
06-10-2017, 10:51 AM
There is only Buzz tv 1200 in iptv.so if don't want to understand ,if your problem.But this is very in poor in quality ,and picture,even in HD is poor

Are you sure it's the only BuzzTV box..the Xpl is the only known branded buzztv box on the market currently.. Sounds like you got ripped off or misled on a purchase but I wish you luck

Barry The Barber
06-10-2017, 11:56 AM
pic quality is not poor

I agree the picture on the Buzztv is top notch on my 4K TV.
After reading the complaint from the member here I think he bought a MyGica 1200 android box not the Buzztv box.
The MyGica 1200 is a old android that did have many issues.

floder2
06-10-2017, 04:01 PM
If this guy has a Mygica 1200 ...Could be that the Buzztv App is available in the box.......Still your right its an old dual core box with android 4.2

zkadoura
06-11-2017, 03:54 PM
does anyone know how to hide the top status bar when using YouTube or Popcorn to watch videos?

NBS
06-12-2017, 01:56 AM
I agree the picture on the Buzztv is top notch on my 4K TV.
After reading the complaint from the member here I think he bought a MyGica 1200 android box not the Buzztv box.
The MyGica 1200 is a old android that did have many issues.

agreed ,he cant have a buzz

Munstah
06-12-2017, 03:06 AM
Buzz tv does sell two boxes. There is a buzz xpl1000 and they are refurbished crappy mygica s805 boxes with 1 gig of ram and 90 days warranty lol. These devices aren't expensive so I don't know why anyone would cheap out and go for a lesser option. Just get the xpl2000 and be happy.

floder2
06-12-2017, 03:13 AM
MyGica ATV1200 old dual core box....It is not named Buzztv ..Like I said before it may have an app called Buzztv .........But that's it...the 1200 is made for MyGica........Buzztv and MyGica are manufactured by Geniatech ....but are separate companies ............

Munstah
06-12-2017, 03:22 AM
You must mean the Buzztv xpl 2000 ..it is the only Buzztv box made.....Sorry you have problems with it....but there are plenty of people here that have had these boxes and DON'T encounter the problems you are having...

MyGica ATV1200 old dual core box....It is not named Buzztv ..Like I said before it may have in the app called Buzztv .........But that's it...the 1200 is made for MyGica

Ive seen wholesale quote and both options listed. Buzz tv doesn't manufacture hardware so both models are mygica boxes. It's just that the xpl2000 runs buzz tv's software instead of the crappy mygica stuff. Personally, I wouldn't want that old mygica affiliated with my brand in any way if buzz were my company. So needless to say I was surprised when I saw that.

floder2
06-12-2017, 03:46 AM
mygica does not manufacture boxes either.............Geniatech manufactures for Mygica and for another company call Buzztv

fickit
06-12-2017, 01:20 PM
Buzz tv does sell two boxes. There is a buzz xpl1000 and they are refurbished crappy mygica s805 boxes with 1 gig of ram and 90 days warranty lol. These devices aren't expensive so I don't know why anyone would cheap out and go for a lesser option. Just get the xpl2000 and be happy.

How are we able to find out which box we have?
I've tried looking into settings>more>about>
device name: Quad core enjoy tv box
Model: Quad core enjoy TV box

The sticker on the bottom of the machine only shows the Serial number and Mac address.

Also how to we disable the ads section or opt out of the interest based ads, currently it is set to "off"
Is it possible they are receiving ad revenue from these boxes?

floder2
06-12-2017, 01:56 PM
The BuzzTV XPL2000 looks like this .................
https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrTcXjwnT5Zr_YAnlWJzbkF?p=BuzzTV+XPL+ 2000&fr=yfp-t&imgty=photo&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Ai

Barry The Barber
06-13-2017, 12:58 PM
agreed ,he cant have a buzz

lol he needs to get a Buzz
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1959/0311/products/24_12_7ebdc45d-8ecb-4cac-965f-6578cd0a5b28_2048x2048.jpg?v=1493800560

fickit
06-15-2017, 11:44 PM
Anyone know how to set buffer on the buzz or is there any options for that?

Channels are freezing and when they do, the last video image is on screen but the audio seems to keep going.
Maybe it's just the provider..

NBS
06-16-2017, 12:13 AM
Anyone know how to set buffer on the buzz or is there any options for that?

Channels are freezing and when they do, the last video image is on screen but the audio seems to keep going.
Maybe it's just the provider..

its not the box

Munstah
06-16-2017, 09:36 PM
New buzz tv app update pushed today.. big time improvement in the look of the iptv interface and more importantly the EPG. Can finally see more than 5 channels on EPG which is nice. I've also noticed improved picture quality which is awesome.

crazy carl
06-17-2017, 03:20 AM
New buzz tv app update pushed today.. big time improvement in the look of the iptv interface and more importantly the EPG. Can finally see more than 5 channels on EPG which is nice. I've also noticed improved picture quality which is awesome.

Did they fix the epg channel data where all channels move with the time zone

yohector
06-18-2017, 12:29 AM
Sorry,is the buzz tv 2000

Loum
06-19-2017, 03:44 PM
Sorry,is the buzz tv 2000

This thread is for the BuzzTV xpl2000 (http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?26970-BuzzTV-xpl2000/page20) so that is what we are discussing here.

sarkar
06-19-2017, 09:33 PM
What are the main compelling points for buying Buzz Tv Xpl2000?
How is video/picture quality?
How is the start up time?

sam1531
06-28-2017, 11:57 PM
More ram, wireless ac dual band wifi, android 5.1, kodi 17 compatible. Can hold up to 10 stalker servers, full google play store and aptoide market integration. Channel Load speed is instant and the remote has a kodi and live tv button that can instantly jump between kodi and iptv (split second delay). It had a minor bug at launch causing their buzz iptv app to lock up when trying to access a server experiencing down time. This has already been corrected with an update pushed to the box last week. I'm still testing daily but so far so good.

The iptv interface is very similar to avov.

Hello Munstah,

How would you compare Buzz tv to MAG 254 and MXQ Pro? Does Buzz tv come with 16GB of storage?

floder2
06-29-2017, 03:06 AM
BuzzTV XPL2000
2GB RAM
8GB Internal Memory
ARM Cortex A53 2 GHz Processor
Android 5.1
6+ Middleware Solutions
4+ DRM Solutions
4K Ultra HD 60Fps Max resolution
HDMI 2.0
Bluetooth 4.0 (standard feature)
AC Dual Band Wi-Fi (best in class reception)
1 Year Warranty
Netflix HD
Google Playstore and Aptoide Store = 1 Million + APPS
Open environment with side loading capabilities

Infomir Mag256
1GB RAM
512 MB Internal Memory
ARM Cortex A9 1.5 GHz Processor
Linux OS
Stalker Middleware Only
1 DRM Solution Only (MAG257 model)
1080P Max resolution
HDMI 1.4A
Warranty Limited
NO Bluetooth
Wi-Fi (Optional and Extra Cost)
No Netflix Support
No Google Playstore. Very Limited APP store
Closed environment. No siding loading Apps

AVOV TVOnline N
1GB RAM
8GB Internal Memory
ARM Cortex A53 2 GHz Processor
Android 5.1
2+ Middleware Solutions (Nova & Stalker Only)
No DRM Solutions
4K Ultra HD 60Fps Max resolution
HDMI 2.0
NO Bluetooth
Dual Band Wi-Fi
Limited Warranty
Netflix SD
No Google Playstore. Very Limited AVOV Store
Closed environment. No side loading Apps

MXQ Pro 4K Android TV box

MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box Amlogic S905 Specs
Chipset: Amlogic S905 Quad Core Cortex-A53 at 2.0GHz
GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450 at 600MHz+
FLASH: 8GBNAND FLASH
SDRAM: 1GBDDR3
Power Supply Specifications
Main Device Features
3D: Hardward 3D graphics acceleration
HDMI: HDMI 1.4b with CEC
AV: Support
3G: Support
Bluetooth: Not supported
LAN: Ethernet:10/100M, standard RJ-45
Wireless: Built in WiFi
Support Decoder format: HD MPEG1/2/4,H.265,4K-HD, HD AVC/VC- 1,RM/RMVB,Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6 ,RealVideo8/9/10
Support Media format: Avi/Rm/Rmvb/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg
Support Music format: MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/AC3/DDP/TrueHD/DTS/DTS/HD/FLAC/APE
Support Photo format: HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
USB host: 4 High speed USB 2.0,support U DISK and USB HDD
Card reader: SD/SDHC/MMC cards
HDD file system: FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
Support Subtitle: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
High Definition video output: SD/HD max.1920×1080 pixel
OSD type of languages: English/French/German/Spanish/Italian/ etc multilateral languages
Mouse/ Keyboard: Support mouse and keyboard via USB;Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle
SPDIF/IEC958: Coaxial
Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
Power Indicator (LED): Power ON :blue; Standby :Red
Network Function: Skype chatting,Picasa,Youtube,Flicker,Facebook,Online movies,etc
Other feature: Free Internet searching,thousands of android applications,many kinds of games,etc.

DREAMLINK T1 PLUS SPECIFICATIONS

PROCESSOR: HISILICON QUAD-CORE (HI3798C)
MEMORY EMMC : 8 GBYTES (default)
MEMORY: 1GB
INTERNAL STORAGE: EMMC 8 GB
VIDEO DECODING H.265 MAIN [email protected] HIGH-TIER
H.264 BP/MP/HP@LEVEL 5.0
FULL-HD 3D VIDEOS(MVC), BLU-RAY NAVIGATION
AVS BASELINE@LEVEL 6.0 AND AVS-P16 (AVS+)
MPEG1, MPEG2 SP@ML, MP@HL
MPEG4 SP@L0−3, ASP@L0−5, GMC
MPEG4 SHORT HEADER FORMAT (H.263 BASELINE)
VC-1 SP@ML, MP @HL, AND AP@L0-3 VP6/8
MJPEG DECODING, MAXIMUM 1080P@30 FPS
4K X 2K@30 FPS DECODING
LOW DELAY DECODING
SIMULTANEOUS 4-CHANNEL HD DECODING
VIDEO OUTPUT: HDMI 1.4A/CVBS, FULL HD 1080P, 3D MOVIE FILE FORMAT SUPPORTED
VIDEO RESOLUTION 4K X 2K, 1080P50, 1080P30, 1080P24, 1080I60, 1080I50720P, 576P, 576I, 480P, 480I
VIDEO FORMATS 4:3 LETTER BOX, 4:3 PANSCAN, 16 : 9
AUDIO OUTPUT: HDMI 1.4A, CVBS AUDIO
AUDIO DECODING MPEG L1/L2
AAC-LC AND HE AAC V1/V2 DECODING
G.711 (U/A) AUDIO DECODING
SUPPORTED VIDEO FORMAT:AVI/RM/RMVB/MKV/WMV/MOV/MP4/WEBM
OTHER FORMATS: DAT(VCDFORMAT)/VOB(DVDFORMAT)/MPEG/MPG/FLV/ASF/TS/TP/3GP, ETC
SUPPORTED AUDIO FORMAT: MP3/WMA/WMV/APE/OGG/FLAC/AAC, ETC
DOLBY : OPTICAL AC3 SUPPORTED
RCA PHONE JACK 1/3
USB 2.0 double PORT
POWER ON/OFF Switch
DC POWER : DC12V/ 1.0A OUTPUT ADAPTER
WIFI MODULE PRE-INSTALLED : 802.11 B/G/N WI-FI
LAN PORT : RJ-45 ETHERNET JACK(10/100MBPS)
SD/MMC CARD READER (SD3.0, MMC V4.41)
SOFTWARE UPDATE : THRU OTA FROM SERVER
SIZE: 155MM X 128MM X 27MM (0.56KG WEIGHT FULL PACKAGE)
IMAGE DECODING FULL HD JPEG HARDWARE DECODING, MAX 64 MEGAPIXELS
MJPEG DECODING, MAX 1080P@40 FPS
PNG HARDWARE DECODING, MAX 64 MEGAPIXELS
FRONT PANEL INDICATORS 2 LED(STANDBY, REMOTE)
OPERATING TEMP. 0°C ~ +45°C

Ipguy
06-29-2017, 06:41 AM
The guy that sell this product on eBay is very untrustworthy.....he bid against you anonymously on his own product to make sure that he drive the price totally up and he says that he's in the us when in fact he's in Canada.

Can you guys please post a picture of the interface of the device...I can't seem to be able to find a picture or any video on you tube about this box
and maybe refer me to a reputable company so I can buy this item.

Thanks guys

floder2
06-29-2017, 06:07 PM
I just bought one from ebay (same guy ) I won a bid of 63.00 plus 12.00 shipping .........he sells them as buy now for 99.00 ..........He says he is in Canada but was using Amazon fullfilment Centers for a while in USA ....but now ships directly from Canada.........I have purchased at least 12 boxes from him and never had a problem....( one time he sent me the wrong item but quickly sent me the correct one and told me to keep the one he sent by mistake )
I believe he is from the company Buzztv .............

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/billyhoss/thumbnail_Resized_20170310_121308.jpg (http://s209.photobucket.com/user/billyhoss/media/thumbnail_Resized_20170310_121308.jpg.html)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/billyhoss/2.jpg (http://s209.photobucket.com/user/billyhoss/media/2.jpg.html)

Go here for more Pics http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?29541-BuzzTV-XPL2000-Specifacations-w-pics

veronicas
06-29-2017, 07:13 PM
I've also noticed improved picture quality which is awesome.

Okay so you noticed it too! That kinda blurry, "low bitrate" feel (even when the video is higher bitrate). It drove me bonkers.

I'll have someone send me one soon for further testing. Hoping to let it update a few more times before I check er out again.

But that's lovely news.

floder2
06-29-2017, 08:23 PM
Veronicas ......What did you ever do with that file I sent you ?

Ipguy
06-29-2017, 10:56 PM
Thank you for the information floder

plorraine
06-29-2017, 11:43 PM
My observation has been that with my provider, some channels are exceptional (TSN1/TSN2 Sportsnet, and a few others are high frame rate, no compression artifacts or crushed colormaps) while others range downwards. On the worse channels, dark background become blocky and coarse. In general, video performance has improved which I'm partly attributing to the service upgrading channels.

I've seen some recent weirdness - the last few evenings it started dropping WIFI after 5-10 minutes and required a reboot to reconnect - its not doing it today so I'm not sure what was going on.

veronicas
06-30-2017, 08:02 PM
Veronicas ......What did you ever do with that file I sent you ?

Aboslutuely nothing haha (sorry)! If you noticed, I haven't been posting a lot lately. Just wrapped up in personal/medical stuff for a while. I will get around to it, but if what the above user said is true (picture quality improved), I don't really feel the need to port it anymore. I was mostly wanting to follow development on one of my many s905 boxes until the bugs are fixed - then go buy another Buzz haha.

Can someone upload a photo or two of the "new EPG". Another user was saying it displays more than 5 items now?
I wish they would shrink the preview window and reorganize the top " info" area - I feel they could make the grid 30% larger if they rearranged it a bit. (But I haven't seen the updated EPG)

EDIT:

My observation has been that with my provider, some channels are exceptional (TSN1/TSN2 Sportsnet, and a few others are high frame rate, no compression artifacts or crushed colormaps) while others range downwards. On the worse channels, dark background become blocky and coarse. In general, video performance has improved which I'm partly attributing to the service upgrading channels.

I've seen some recent weirdness - the last few evenings it started dropping WIFI after 5-10 minutes and required a reboot to reconnect - its not doing it today so I'm not sure what was going on.

Thanks for your update. To test if the video quality is problematic, try using the exact same IPTV service with the newest "STBemu" on the Buzz box using the "Exo Player" The same channel/server would look 30-40% clearer than the Buzz app (previous firmware). You should be able to see very clearly if its any different!

sarkar
06-30-2017, 10:19 PM
After making certain channels " favorite" group it keeps on going back to other groups. Is there any way to keep favorite channels group up front?

buzztest
06-30-2017, 10:52 PM
Here are 2 Screenshots of New Buzz TV XPL2000 EPG
The second photo shows that moving forward in the EPG now works properly

http://imgur.com/b3qZ27j

http://imgur.com/bifdOY3

Here is some More Menus

http://imgur.com/ixBOeUq
http://imgur.com/i9dkpWk

buzztest
06-30-2017, 10:55 PM
Also, since I am a Beta Tester for Buzz

Here is sneak peek of ability to switch the look of the Live TV Channel List.
This should be in the next update

It has a pop out menu for the categories, you will see how to switch.

http://imgur.com/ZmHCM1t

http://imgur.com/PoBXqcr

http://imgur.com/mxYZxI0

floder2
06-30-2017, 11:59 PM
Here are 2 Screenshots of New Buzz TV XPL2000 EPG
The second photo shows that moving forward in the EPG now works properly

Here is some More Menus

================================================== =================================

sarkar
07-01-2017, 12:51 PM
Where are the screen shots? I dont see any here.
When is next update coming?

floder2
07-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Where are the screen shots? I dont see any here.
When is next update coming?

Here is some More Menus

Munstah
07-04-2017, 01:15 PM

Could be something with your device. I haven't come across any wifi issues on the boxes I've worked with so far. I have both my personal boxes on wifi connected through VPN and haven't had a single drop.

plorraine
07-06-2017, 12:06 AM
Symptoms of wifi problem are that it disconnects but continues to report the two (home) wifi networks are available and good strength. If I try to connect or switch to the alternate, it tries to connect then separates out offering to reconfigure proxies. If I reboot, it connects immediately. I occasionally use NordVPN but have not connected it recently - the problems have followed installing that VPN but that is likely a coincidence. The problem reminds me of some of the wifi connectivity issues that early Cyanogen Mod versions of Android had on several older tablets. I suspect a software problem - either caused by me or inherent.

zkadoura
07-09-2017, 01:20 AM
can someone upload the latest update for Kodi 17.3 on Aptoide?

thanks

floder2
07-09-2017, 01:36 AM
can someone upload the latest update for Kodi 17.3 on Aptoide?

thanks

Use Google Play in this Box and Download KODI 17.3 ...nobody has to upload anything

zkadoura
07-09-2017, 01:48 AM
can i get more info on this Aptoide? on my computer when i go to Aptoide.com and login with my google credentials i see different apps than the ones on the box, even though i am logging in with the same credentials i use on my computer.

thanks

zkadoura
07-09-2017, 01:49 AM
Use Google Play in this Box and Download KODI 17.3 ...nobody has to upload anything

thanks floder2

floder2
07-09-2017, 02:35 AM
by the way Aptoide is also already in the box too................

floder2
07-09-2017, 02:38 AM
You have to remember that many android apps are made for touch devices like Tablets and Phones...so not all Apps work as well on these types of boxes via remote control ...to fix some of those problems you would have to invest in an air-mouse remote control...

Maestro701
07-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Question, when the device boots up does it go straight to your iptv service or do you have to choose an option in the menu?

floder2
07-10-2017, 11:28 PM
main menu..........then you can choose Live-Tv or VOD

NBS
07-11-2017, 12:04 AM

or the apps on your desktop

Jagstyles
07-11-2017, 08:03 PM
I was going to purchase one of the new Minix boxes but the came across this box from a friend.

I'm a heavy user of Plex Media Server which I run on my NAS. Will this box play all my video files with various containers and codecs with no issues?

Also, I would want to connect to my VPN when using this service. I use Nordvpn. Any issues there?

Thanks

Jagstyles
07-12-2017, 04:49 AM
I ended up biting the bullet and picked one up this evening. Everything going smoothly thus far with only two issues. I cannot for the life of me get into the VPN settings under NETWORK. It keeps asking me for a PIN # and I don't ever recall setting one.

Secondly, although I go and lock all the adult channels using the red button, the locks are not persistent. Once I change screens a few times, the locks are gone, what am I missing?

Thanks

floder2
07-12-2017, 05:15 AM
Default password or pin# is (0000)

Jagstyles
07-12-2017, 01:30 PM
The default password of 0000 worked to lock/unlock channels but not for setting the VPN up in the network settings - keeps asking me for a pin# and I have no idea what the pin # is or should be. Also, even when locking/unlocking channels - it's not working quite right. I am able to go ahead and lock some channels but as soon as I switch back and forth between a few screens, the locks vanish and no channels are locked any more.

If I do a system reset to factory, will I lose anything on this box besides the apps I installed?

Jagstyles
07-12-2017, 01:32 PM
also, does anyone know if the A3 air remote works on these boxes? Not having a qwerty keypad is painful when trying to login to my various accounts etc... Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

buzztest
07-12-2017, 06:58 PM
The default password of 0000 worked to lock/unlock channels but not for setting the VPN up in the network settings - keeps asking me for a pin# and I have no idea what the pin # is or should be. Also, even when locking/unlocking channels - it's not working quite right. I am able to go ahead and lock some channels but as soon as I switch back and forth between a few screens, the locks vanish and no channels are locked any more.

If I do a system reset to factory, will I lose anything on this box besides the apps I installed?

Unless it is the Adult channels, any channel that you locked yourself and then unlocked to watch it stays unlocked until you exit the app and re-open it.
The Adult channels will always re-lock though once you watch another channel from a different category.

buzztest
07-12-2017, 06:59 PM
also, does anyone know if the A3 air remote works on these boxes? Not having a qwerty keypad is painful when trying to login to my various accounts etc... Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

The box will support almost any USB style remote, so I am sure the A3 Air remote should have no issues working, except the power button

buzztest
07-12-2017, 07:05 PM

The buzz guys have been looking at allowing an ON/OFF switch for the app to bootup on startup. Since not everyone wants it to auto boot
(Also cause a power outage can cause box to auto boot and waste bandwidth without the user knowing, unless they have the auto shut off feature turned on)

The issue is when user powers off the box, it is designed to go into standby, coming out of standby is not the same as a first time boot, first time boot when turning the box back on is not how the PCB board of this model was designed, it was designed to go into standby and come out of standby.
However you can do a full power off by holding down the power button on the remote and selecting POWER OFF.

So they are researching android docs to find a work around for this standby/auto boot app feature.

Jagstyles
07-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Unless it is the Adult channels, any channel that you locked yourself and then unlocked to watch it stays unlocked until you exit the app and re-open it.
The Adult channels will always re-lock though once you watch another channel from a different category.

I was able to get the channels to remain locked but unfortunately, the little icon that shows the channels are locked vanishes... So looking at the directory listing you think you can still access it until you try and then it asks for the pin. Wish it would clearly mark the channels that are locked.

buzztest
07-12-2017, 07:49 PM
I was able to get the channels to remain locked but unfortunately, the little icon that shows the channels are locked vanishes... So looking at the directory listing you think you can still access it until you try and then it asks for the pin. Wish it would clearly mark the channels that are locked.

Will have to try this here and see

You took firmware update and app update when you set it up?

Jagstyles
07-12-2017, 09:16 PM
Will have to try this here and see

You took firmware update and app update when you set it up?
When I launched Live TV the first time, it indicated there was an update and installed it. I believe I got the same update message the first time I turned on the box and connected to ethernet - assume that was the firmware update on the initial start up? I presume we check for firmware updates in the UPDATE section of settings?

floder2
07-12-2017, 09:28 PM
when you first go into live-Tv ....I believe the update is the buzztv app (which is used for live-tv) not a firmware update.......firmware update comes before you go into the live-tv .........happens with a new box just connected..

floder2
07-12-2017, 09:30 PM
I think the PROBOX2 Remote+ air mouse works good with this box.................................

buzztest
07-12-2017, 09:46 PM
when you first go into live-Tv ....I believe the update is the buzztv app (which is used for live-tv) not a firmware update.......firmware update comes before you go into the live-tv .........happens with a new box just connected..

You are correct
This is exactly how it's done.

You can also press the 3 lined menu button on the remote while using livetv
The slide out menu will appear with Live Tv, Vod etc
At the bottom is version #
Latest one is 1.5 (55)

Latest firmware version is 0304, which can be found in about device within Android settings

Maestro701
07-13-2017, 01:26 AM
The buzz guys have been looking at allowing an ON/OFF switch for the app to bootup on startup. Since not everyone wants it to auto boot
(Also cause a power outage can cause box to auto boot and waste bandwidth without the user knowing, unless they have the auto shut off feature turned on)

The issue is when user powers off the box, it is designed to go into standby, coming out of standby is not the same as a first time boot, first time boot when turning the box back on is not how the PCB board of this model was designed, it was designed to go into standby and come out of standby.
However you can do a full power off by holding down the power button on the remote and selecting POWER OFF.

So they are researching android docs to find a work around for this standby/auto boot app feature.
This would be a good move on their part because some of us are so used to powering on our boxes, whether from standby or boot, and going directly to main tv screen.

buzztest
07-19-2017, 08:52 PM
New Buzz Tv update sent today

Give it a try
Version: 1.5 (65)
Changes:

New BuzzTV Update sent today

1. Added a new Live TV Layout Menu. Press the 3 lined menu button on your remote and look at Display Style. You can switch between the 2 layouts.

2. Added feature to access catch-up tv from the EPG. Will only work with providers that offer catch-up.

3. Added Reminder Feature to EPG (Red and OK Button)

4. Added +/- 1 Day buttons to EPG (Yellow and Blue Buttons)

5. Fixed Bugs from previous version

6. Improved Performance

7. Fixed Connection issues for some service providers

8. Fixed H.265 Playback issues

Maestro701
07-19-2017, 09:51 PM
New Buzz Tv update sent today

Give it a try
Version: 1.5 (65)
Changes:

New BuzzTV Update sent today

1. Added a new Live TV Layout Menu. Press the 3 lined menu button on your remote and look at Display Style. You can switch between the 2 layouts.

2. Added feature to access catch-up tv from the EPG. Will only work with providers that offer catch-up.

3. Added Reminder Feature to EPG (Red and OK Button)

4. Added +/- 1 Day buttons to EPG (Yellow and Blue Buttons)

5. Fixed Bugs from previous version

6. Improved Performance

7. Fixed Connection issues for some service providers

8. Fixed H.265 Playback issues

Would like to see some photos of the Live TV layouts and EPG

NBS
07-19-2017, 11:50 PM
they didnt fix the channel up/down issue

NBS
07-20-2017, 12:39 AM
Can you explain what the issue is with the up/down change, just trying to understand as I want to purchase one of these units

actually it is working fine now,sorry

NBS
07-20-2017, 12:47 AM
Ok but what was the issue before bro?

just a minor bug when you chanelled down it wasnt working in sequence,it would repeat

NBS
07-20-2017, 01:01 AM
Its fixed@!!!!!

buzztest
07-20-2017, 01:25 AM
They forgot to mention

Recall channel button fixed as well

Maestro701
07-20-2017, 03:19 AM
Its fixed@!!!!!ok I gotcha, read on another site with a changelog and various explanations of the issues that were present and now are fixed........ without questions asked!

plorraine
07-20-2017, 03:49 AM
Channel icons are now showing for my IPTV provider (they weren't before).

sarkar
07-20-2017, 09:45 PM
I did not receive this update.When was this issued?When I press 3 lined menu button on remote I dont see any Version number either. Any help?

NBS
07-20-2017, 10:45 PM
I did not receive this update.When was this issued?When I press 3 lined menu button on remote I dont see any Version number either. Any help?

it is automatic when you go into llive tv
The version number is in small print at bottom left when you press the 3 lined button

buzztest
07-21-2017, 06:48 PM
Do you have a check updates option?

If so you can check updates this way

Also make sure your running FW version 0304

If your not sure what to do. Contact buzztv through their website. They can Teamviewer your box to assist you.