PDA

View Full Version : Can't enter PIN in stbemu to view channels

Wyandot
02-26-2017, 03:26 PM
I am using stbemu on an Amazon FireTV box. When I click on an adult channel a box pops up wanting a PIN. I have clicked on the list button on the remote and chose keyboard to enter the PIN but it doesn't enter it in the PIN text box. I am emulating a MAG254. I have also gone into settings for the MAG254 and entered the PIN under Parental Control but that didn't help.
How do I use the FireTV remote to enter the PIN?
Thanks for any help.

Marley
02-28-2017, 11:26 PM
its 00000 for pin

Wyandot
03-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Thanks Marley for the response but it's not a question of not knowing the PIN, it's getting it to populate the textbox. Nothing I do will add anything into the PIN textbox.
Surely there is someone using Amazon FireTV with stbemu?

Marley
03-02-2017, 06:53 PM
oh i got you need blue tooth keyboard

Wyandot
03-07-2017, 07:36 PM
I tried to pair Bluetooth on my cell with the FireTV but neither could find the other. I have paired my cell with my car and tv without issue. I thought maybe I could use my cell as a remote to enter the PIN.

82harley
03-11-2017, 08:28 PM
I tried to pair Bluetooth on my cell with the FireTV but neither could find the other. I have paired my cell with my car and tv without issue. I thought maybe I could use my cell as a remote to enter the PIN.

I use cetus play for my remote app on my phone, it connects by wi-fi to the firetv and controls kodi without any problems so should work for the emu too

Krazykz
05-15-2020, 08:12 AM
I'm having the same issue on my firetv stick. Does anybody have any solution?

Mr Hanky
05-17-2020, 12:41 PM
Some servers ask for pin when clicking adult which lets say is 0000 you use the amazon key board. then opens to actual channels and a white box appears that also wants a pin . This is where yo need to map a "0" key and long press 4 X"s . Much more difficult if the pin has 4 different numbers. I have found some original TV remotes work to enter the pin also.

Krazykz
05-22-2020, 01:15 PM
Oh Hanky!!! Thanks so much! It worked 😀 You're the best! 🙂