PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Addon / Info

Kimbo
02-08-2017, 05:57 PM
If you haven't notice, Indigo Addon has automatically loaded into your Kodi. It deletes other addons and installs itself.

Here is more info:

The new Indigo Kodi add-on from TVADDONs replaces some of the other add-ons released from that group including their wizard, maintenance tool, log uploader, notifications tool. However, it appears that the new Indigo add-on goes a step further than just replace those add-ons.

Users have noticed that Indigo deletes add-on and automatically installs itself if you have any of the individual add-ons that make up Indigo. If you previously had any of the following add-ons installed, you will notice they’ve been deleted and replaced with Indigo.

Addon Installer
Hub Wizard
XBMC Notifications
Fresh Start
XBMC Hub Maintenance
Hub Maintenance (Disabled only – Installed in the XunityTalk repo)

Most concerning might be that the add-on deletes add-ons from a “blocked” list which includes Hub Maintenance from XunityTalk, a fork add-on of a similar one by TVA.

The timing of this is peculiar, after lambda recently retired after putting code into Exodus that used users to attack another Kodi repo and add-on without their permission.

How do you feel about the TVADDONS Indigo add-on deleting add-ons add-ons in order to install their own without your permission? While not malicious at face value, this does raise a concern about how easy it is for a Kodi developer to install or alter your Kodi box without your permission.

From kodi Tips

I was not happy at first but I have been playing with it so far. i does have some helpful features. Not liking the automatic install thought!!

crazed 9.6
02-08-2017, 06:14 PM
I do not like the auto install, especially without one knowing that it happens.

thnx for the report Laser

Capt.Kangaroo
02-08-2017, 10:49 PM
I agree, I don't like TVADDONS deciding what I do or don't want.
Thanks for the info Laser

theone
02-08-2017, 11:34 PM
Noticed that too. I like the previous version. God why do they change things when it works great.

bashabear
02-10-2017, 03:35 PM
I find with Indigo that in the video addons I can only access addons from A to C on the first page. No other pages will load with addons.

dara
02-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Thanks Laser for the heads up. I was wondering what was going on, I generally don't like it, but that's the breaks when you deal with a group like TVADDONS.ag. I do suspect that it has more to do with the updates to Kodi in general, rather than internal developer politics and, big word, shenanigans. Be careful with Plexus, which was also installed with that, as that is peer-to-peer.

asesinopr
02-24-2017, 03:50 AM
Good to know! I always though of Kodi more than a swiss army, but now it seems to have "eyes" too jejejee
"::