PDA

View Full Version : Mag256 beta firmware - a.7.10 (lots fixed!)

veronicas
01-25-2017, 07:34 PM
Anyone reading this, please disregard this thread (regarding beta updates) INFOMIR has released a NEW firmware on the regular update server. Go to "Settings" in the inner portal to update the box.

TONS FIXED
- weather works
- refresh rate switching doesn't cause problems (not sure if it does anything yet)
- CEC auto shutdown when disabled - fixed
- new options added to the settings in the inner portal.
- lots more

I would say its fairly dam stable now.

crazed 9.6
01-25-2017, 08:44 PM
MAG256w1
0.2.20-a7.7
08-Sep-2016 18:28

a.7.10 Oct 26/2016
Yea, I see it is not on the infomir web site.
The last one is from Sept-2016

https://wiki.infomir.eu/eng/stb-webkit/mag256-257

Thin veronicas, but sorry. No has to be the answer.

We can not host a third party posting. Unless it shows up at the infomir site.

veronicas
01-25-2017, 11:21 PM
Okay fair enough. I won't directly link it.

Anyone who still wants the firmware, its on Reddit and also TheNapster in the appropriate area.

Good luck folks!

SPEEDER
01-27-2017, 05:34 PM
@veronicas, Could you provide a bit more detailed list with issues you have been experiencing before upgrading to a.7.10? I have also upgraded from a.7.7 to a.7.10 but none of my problems were resolved.

- HDMI CEC not working
- remote control not working in applications catalog (Shoutcast app for example)
- device doesn't recognize external hdd
- button for swapping last two watched channels doesn't work

veronicas
01-31-2017, 08:12 PM
Did you follow the reset procedure I posted above, including downloading the bios file and booting it?

Sounds to me like you need to disable "HDMI event reaction" and also sounds like you have the wrong remote control setup. Change the remote control setting to the "slim" one, then at least you'll see all the correct button images on screen.

SPEEDER
02-03-2017, 07:30 AM
I am following the procedure. But from where to download the bios file? Otherwise I download hew firmware and update successfully. HDMI reaction is a needed functionality and disabling it doesn't make sense. I thought that new firmware will fix it. Also my remote control settings are set to slim although this doesn't bring any change at all. Tested it many times.

veronicas
02-10-2017, 08:40 AM
You can find the bios in the appropriate mag256 section on thenapster.

Well... Refresh rate switching has NEVER worked on this box since day one... And it still does not work. So you should disable it because it only causes problems. HDMI event reaction is the same as "refresh rate switching". If you read the whole post you should see I specially say to disable it because it doesn't work. In previous versions , it simply did nothing at all. Now, it does something (but doesn't actually work) - and causes problems.

If you don't believe me, transfer a 24p video to your USB drive and play it on the MAG with Event reaction enabled. Hit " info" on your TV remote to see whether it says "24p" (if your TV shows this like mine does) - you will see that it will always say "60p". You can try this with any firmware version, it should be the same thing.

Cheers

crazed 9.6
02-10-2017, 10:26 PM
hey veronicas :)

Has this new file for the mag256 come onto their server yet ?
The mag254 had a new update that showed up just a day or two ago, for download thru the receiver and their server.
I was kinda expecting to see the mag256 get their new update as well (thru the internet download)

SPEEDER
02-14-2017, 07:06 AM
New beta 7.11 firmware is out (http://www.filedropper.com/mag256). It is much better than previous ones. Really a lot of things fixed but still there is work to be done. Functionalities not working after upgrade:

- Button for switch of last two watched channels still doesn't work
- Navigation (up, down, left, right) in Infomir apps portal (http://apps.infomir.com.ua/?language=en) still doesn't work
- I still have problems connecting external hard drive. The MAG just doesn't recognize it.

psycho1
02-14-2017, 12:12 PM
Installed 7.11 on my MAG256 W2 and it works well :)

SPEEDER
02-14-2017, 12:16 PM
Dear psycho1, could you please test three functionalities below and let me know how is it with your MAG?

- Navigation (up, down, left, right) in Infomir apps portal (http://apps.infomir.com.ua/?language=en) still doesn't work
- I still have problems connecting external hard drive. The MAG just doesn't recognize it.

psycho1
02-14-2017, 01:09 PM

Sorry, not sure which remote button i need to press?

Have the same problem, however not really an issue for me as primarily use my 256W2 for iptv channels.

Dear psycho1, could you please test three functionalities below and let me know how is it with your MAG?
Bit of a hit & miss for me. My 1TB Buffalo USB disk doesn't get recognized yet my 64gb patriot USB disk does (the one i put the latest beta fw on). Again not such a big deal for me as I mainly use my 256W2 for watching iptv and it generally works well (running Stalker 5.1).

Btw do you know how to get back the Infomir logo on the bootup screen? My 256W2 came with streamstorm firmware, managed to get rid of that and put Infomir fw but on bootup still get the custom logo. Not affecting my day to day use but would like the Infomir logo back. Streamstorm even put their logo on the remote and on the 256 box itself!! LOL

SPEEDER
02-14-2017, 01:34 PM
Sorry, not sure which remote button i need to press?
On the bottom right of the remote there is a button with two arrows going into circle. Normally this button is used for fast switching between last two watched channels.

Btw do you know how to get back the Infomir logo on the bootup screen? My 256W2 came with streamstorm firmware, managed to get rid of that and put Infomir fw but on bootup still get the custom logo. Not affecting my day to day use but would like the Infomir logo back. Streamstorm even put their logo on the remote and on the 256 box itself!! LOL
I don't think it could be done just with the image file we have. If you check firmwares on Infomir website there are much more files in the folder. Probably some of them will do the job when you upgrade through bios.

psycho1
02-14-2017, 01:42 PM
On the bottom right of the remote there is a button with two arrows going into circle. Normally this button is used for fast switching between last two watched channels.

I don't think it could be done just with the image file we have. If you check firmwares on Infomir website there are much more files in the folder. Probably some of them will do the job when you upgrade through bios.

Ok tried that button on that remote but it does nothing.

SPEEDER
02-14-2017, 01:44 PM
I really do not understand how come these things work flawlessly on MAG 254 but not on 256. It's like programmers were complete idiots when building the new image.

psycho1
02-14-2017, 01:53 PM
I really do not understand how come these things work flawlessly on MAG 254 but not on 256. It's like programmers were complete idiots when building the new image.
If you let Informir support know of any bugs such as this, I'm sure they'll get them fixed in the next stable release. I'm sure the 254 also had bugs galore when it first came out

TBH I'm very happy with my 256W2, it does the basic things quite well, such as watching live tv, catchup tv, video on demand and all of this is achieved via a 5ghz 802.11ac wifi connection without any stuttering at all. Hence why I went for a W2 version as i wanted to use the full power of my Netgear R9000 beast :D

psycho1
02-16-2017, 04:41 AM
Ok managed to get the Infomir bootup logo back on my MAG 256W2, it was quite easy but you must make sure the USB disk you use is in FAT32 format (ie not NTFS or exFAT) otherwise the steps below won't work.

On the USB disk create a mag256 folder there. Type of the picture must be only .bmp, the max size - 1280x720, then you need to compress to gz archive. The max size of the archive - 250KB, and it must be called - logo.bmp.gz, put this archive into the mag256 folder.

Plug in the USB disk containing the Infomir logo (or any custom logo), switch off the box, then whilst holding the 'menu' button on the remote, switch on the power to the MAG at the mains. Hold until you get the 'System Recovery Utility' menu (Bios) displayed. Then go to Upgrade Tools >> Set Logotype >> Using USB and voila!!!

You can download the default Infomir logo from here (its already in logo.bmp.gz format after you unzip it)

https://wiki.infomir.eu/eng/stb-webkit/for-developers/customization-and-image-making-for-embedded-portal/logo-bootloader-mag200-250

Hope this helps!

crazed 9.6
02-16-2017, 04:50 AM
I would love to get all this in a sticky thread for you guys , but I can not till infomir does it first.
I have checked the file download that has been seen and found it to be good, so no worries there.

infomir is so delegent on ensuring their work is up to par with no defects or backdoors is why we do not see it yet on the 256 http

But thnx guys for this thread :)

veronicas
02-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Hey, thanks for the update SPEEDER!! That was swell of you!

And crazed - sorry for the late response. I'm glad to see you figured out the boot image. Took me a while to figure it out the first time.

And I haven't seen the updates on the Infomir server either. I thought that was quite unfortunate because even though the beta has issues, its still much better than the current latest on the server. And I know a LOT of people are having issues. I found that pretty upsetting.

Bought a Dreamlink T1 and have never looked back. I still use my MAG but won't be buying another sub till its stable.

veronicas
03-09-2017, 07:06 PM
Anyone reading this, please disregard this thread (regarding beta updates) INFOMIR has released a NEW firmware on the regular update server. Go to "Settings" in the inner portal to update the box.

TONS FIXED
- weather works
- refresh rate switching doesn't cause problems (not sure if it does anything yet)
- CEC auto shutdown when disabled - fixed
- new options added to the settings in the inner portal.
- lots more

I would say its fairly dam stable now.

fildor
04-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Streamstorm bonjour je suis français coment vous avez fait pour enlever Streamstorm
moi aussi j'ai acheté
Chez eux leur logo est planté dedans faut faire coment?
pour mettre d'origine
merci

QUOTE=psycho1;177398]Sorry, not sure which remote button i need to press?

Have the same problem, however not really an issue for me as primarily use my 256W2 for iptv channels.

Bit of a hit & miss for me. My 1TB Buffalo USB disk doesn't get recognized yet my 64gb patriot USB disk does (the one i put the latest beta fw on). Again not such a big deal for me as I mainly use my 256W2 for watching iptv and it generally works well (running Stalker 5.1).

Btw do you know how to get back the Infomir logo on the bootup screen? My 256W2 came with streamstorm firmware, managed to get rid of that and put Infomir fw but on bootup still get the custom logo. Not affecting my day to day use but would like the Infomir logo back. Streamstorm even put their logo on the remote and on the 256 box itself!! LOL[/QUOTE]

veronicas
04-03-2017, 07:46 AM
This beta firmware is not needed and is not the newest. Please update your box through the "system settings" area to get the latest update (Feb 2017).

There are a few threads that discus getting the boot logo back, I can't remember if it was discussed in this thread. You'll have to do a search for "logo" in the mag256 forum. The answer is out there.

Cheers.

fildor
04-05-2017, 06:14 AM
Merci a ci Ã* vous de votre aide
mais je trouve ou le firmware j'ai fai avec le dernier devinfomir mais ne reconnaît pas la clé USB
pouvez vous me envoyer le dossier en rar merci bon forum une famille

This beta firmware is not needed and is not the newest. Please update your box through the "system settings" area to get the latest update (Feb 2017).

There are a few threads that discus getting the boot logo back, I can't remember if it was discussed in this thread. You'll have to do a search for "logo" in the mag256 forum. The answer is out there.

Cheers.

psycho1
04-05-2017, 10:36 AM
@fildor

What is your issue? (Quel est votre problème?)

Do you want the original Infomir logo back or do you want to update the firmware on MAG 256? (Voulez-vous laisser retourner le logo ou voulez-vous mettre Ã* jour le firmware sur MAG 256?)

If you want to update firmware, its very easy - just let the box update via the internet. No need to use a USB disk. (Si vous souhaitez mettre Ã* jour le microprogramme, il est très simple: laissez simplement la boîte de mise Ã* jour via Internet. Pas besoin d'utiliser un disque USB.)

If you want the Informir logo back, then you MUST use a FAT32 formatted disk. (Si vous souhaitez retourner le logo Infomir, vous DEVEZ utiliser un disque formaté FAT32)

Plug in the USB disk containing the Infomir logo (or any custom logo), switch off the box, then whilst holding the 'menu' button on the remote, switch on the power to the MAG at the mains. Hold until you get the 'System Recovery Utility' menu (Bios) displayed. Then go to Upgrade Tools >> Set Logotype >> Using USB and voila!!! (Branchez le disque USB contenant le logo Infomir (ou tout logo personnalisé), éteignez la case, puis maintenez le bouton 'menu' de la télécommande, mettez le MAG sur le secteur. Tenez jusqu'Ã* ce que vous obteniez le menu 'System Recovery Utility' (Bios). Ensuite, accédez Ã* Outils de mise Ã* niveau >> Définissez Logotype >> Utilisation de USB et voila !!!)

Download the Infomir logo from here / Téléchargez le logo Infomir Ã* partir d'ici

https://wiki.infomir.eu/eng/stb-webkit/for-developers/customization-and-image-making-for-embedded-portal/logo-bootloader-mag200-250

fildor
04-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Toute personne lisant cela, s'il vous plaît ignorer ce fil ( en ce qui concerne les mises Ã* jour bêta) INFOMIR a publié un firmware nouveau sur le serveur de mise Ã* jour régulière. Allez dans « Paramètres » dans le portail interne pour mettre Ã* jour la boîte.

TONNES FIXES
- travaux météorologiques
- commutation de fréquence de rafraîchissement ne provoque pas de problèmes (pas sûr si elle ne fait rien encore)
- arrêt automatique CEC lorsque handicapés - fixes
- nouvelles options ajoutées aux paramètres dans le portail intérieur.
- beaucoup plus

je dirais que son barrage assez stable maintenant.
pour mag 256w2
on telecharge ou??