PDA

View Full Version : IPTV Freezing... internet provider to blame

tableworks
01-07-2017, 03:59 PM
I would like to bring this to the attention of folks living in Calgary, AB Canada, for the last four days Internet provider Shaw has introduced some bug that is causing all IPTV servers to constantly freeze both live channels and VOD. The competing Internet service in Calgary Telus works fine. We are hoping customers call Shaw and complain and treaten to move to Telus. And even suggest to post on social media until they fix the service.

Thanks all

P.S. Hope not out of line here
Thanks

Jan431
01-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Jadoo TV also freezing on Shaw internet, l will switch to Telus.

diamond
01-10-2017, 05:04 PM
How to fix it

greg
01-10-2017, 05:30 PM
i have Shaw internet and no freezing here get a higher internet speed

diamond
01-10-2017, 05:49 PM
I have shaw 150 but my speed test is saying i have 43

diamond
01-10-2017, 06:34 PM
I have 4 diffrent service and 4 boxes in my house and everyone is showing for 30 seconds and then stops even the movies are doing the same
I just need some advise on how to go about fixing this issue

floder2
01-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Try a different router

lukevader
01-10-2017, 10:25 PM
I totally agree with this. My buddy lent me his avov late november and it was awesome. I bought my own boxes and gave his unit back. All of a sudden in the last week I have BB250 and I have been racking my brain looking over my system eliminating so many variables trying to figure out why my android AND my mag 254 is freezing on crowntv live tv. My buddy on telus tried my box and it was rock solid.

How did you prove it was shaw? I need to know this before I call back and bitch at them.

By the way my crowntv VOD is still really solid

Deadwood
01-11-2017, 12:56 AM
Shaw, Telus, Bell and Rogers are all losing millions from loss of subscribers and they will make "moves" to disrupt whatever IPTV, Kodi or service you have with them to get you to go back to their tv services. I would strongly recommend you sit down and search for a third party internet provider who doesn't apply surcharges or overuse of bandwidth. If you want, try searching out Juce Communications or an ISP provider that doesn't have any add on billing for anything and no restrictions on bandwidth. For those who are with Shaw, it will be easy to switch but be careful as Shaw likes to put "filters" on your line and that will choke down your internet speed.

tableworks
01-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Looks like Shaw has given up the Ghost. Here in the west they were flooded with call and folks treatening to move to the competing internet provider and contacting the CRTC. All services are back to normal. It is not like we are getting their internet for free, what they pulled is outragous. at least as consumers we can fight back. Thanks to all who had the courage to act.

diamond
01-12-2017, 09:13 PM
If shaw,tellus and the big players provided a service like what crown and the many diffrent iptv services out just as is i would take it from them but they dont especially when i can watch all the sports from all over the world at once so they should not force customers to take there lame cable

diamond
01-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Looks like the ghost is back

diamond
01-12-2017, 10:26 PM
Why are they doing this its not fair to us customers the internet is not free we are paying for this

greg
01-12-2017, 11:01 PM
service is not freezing here working good on shaw internet i do not use there equipment i have there modem in bridge mode to my router

diamond
01-13-2017, 12:59 AM
how do you bridge still new at this

greg
01-13-2017, 01:44 AM
you cant because i have a special modem from shaw internet that allows me to use my own router

kcolin
01-13-2017, 04:58 AM
folks, shaw got new iCloud base boxes in calgary area they are trying those boxes, these are only for staff so far, these boxes might be the ones causing this issue, but they will not tell you that, they will say there is no issue but we all know that is what is the problem this started last week when the new boxes came out, so yes call shaw and tell them you are switching unless this infixed and let them know you are using iptv they have no right to block that.

kcolin
01-14-2017, 07:32 AM
its working bit better today, anyone else have any issues in calgary???

kcolin
01-14-2017, 07:33 AM
DIAMOND,,,,,,,,You can call shaw to bridge your modem they don't charge anything, but you would need your one router.

diamond
01-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Seems to running smooth for the last hour all portals

lukevader
01-14-2017, 09:15 PM
I am also a bridged router from shaw. It didn't stop any freezing here. I ve had an interesting past few days below.

10th, discovered freezing, and put up with freezing for 24 hours
11th, got vpn configured and up and running, shaw was freezy and vpn was rock solid
12 + 13th vpn has been absolute crap, not only has the picture still been freezy on shaw it completely disappeared for 3 minutes at a time on vpn.
today the 14th, vpn refund in process and shaw is rock solid

go figure.

lukevader
02-20-2017, 09:30 PM
I'm surprised this thread is so quiet. My shaw iptv crowntv has been so freezy even up to this very day that I'm actually considering vacation suspension from shaw bb250that's like $140 month and go with telus 50. Only $30 month for 3 months. It's been unusable as is.

MidasKnig
04-11-2017, 01:53 PM
Looks like Shaw has given up the Ghost. Here in the west they were flooded with call and folks treatening to move to the competing internet provider and contacting the CRTC. All services are back to normal. It is not like we are getting their internet for free, what they pulled is outragous. at least as consumers we can fight back. Thanks to all who had the courage to act.

that's awesome. People do have the power. They just need to stand up and shout!! Imoved from Eastlink to an new provider and whatever issues I had disappeared. $59 per month for 20mbps with unlimited bandwidth. Way cheaper and more dependable than Eastlink.