PDA

View Full Version : Stalker client on Kodi Helix

sinbrad
04-23-2015, 01:29 PM
Ok Guys my first post so bear with me. I am currently using Kodi Helix on my PC. I have installed Stalker iptv and mostly it works great. What I need to understand is the mention of a MAC address. Do I have to alter the MAC address when setting up on my PC or is that only if you want to emulate an STB. Do I just leave the MAC address at the one that is already in the config? I've looked around to see if I can get a definitive answer but I'm at loss?

DarkSide
04-23-2015, 01:52 PM
change the mac..00:1A:79: then use the last 6 of your device

sinbrad
04-24-2015, 03:43 PM
change the mac..00:1A:79: then use the last 6 of your device

Now, this is the part that puzzles me "use the last 6 of your device", which device? I've installed Kodi on my pc and that's where I'm using it from and I'm not using an emulator to emulate another device of any kind? So should it be the last 6 of the pc's MAC code?

BIO
04-24-2015, 03:45 PM
Yep, the device you're using it on. Leave the first 3 sets and just change the last 3 sets.

Stalker client is the emulator- it tries to function like a mag receiver

sinbrad
04-24-2015, 03:47 PM
Yep, the device you're using it on. Leave the first 3 sets and just change the last 3 sets.

Stalker client is the emulator- it tries to function like a mag receiver

Thanks for the swift response, will get it sorted after work

dara
04-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Now, this is the part that puzzles me "use the last 6 of your device", which device? I've installed Kodi on my pc and that's where I'm using it from and I'm not using an emulator to emulate another device of any kind? So should it be the last 6 of the pc's MAC code?

The pc's mac (your ethernet/wireless adapter) is good enough. In reality, you need to change the last 6 to be unique to all those who have connected to the server, at least in theory. If you make up the last 6 digits, just be random ... for example 11:11:11 is a dumb choice., and if you have problems connecting with your made up mac, just change it to another. MACs from the same manufacturer are supposed to be unique, but that may not be the case when you deal with margin-sensitive production.