PDA

View Full Version : Nvdia Shield V Roku Ultra

torontoqueen
12-31-2016, 03:07 AM
So I speak to a provider telling me not all Iptv services work with Nvdia? is this true, he's telling me to Get the Roku Ultra can someone tell me the difference and if this is true

crazed 9.6
12-31-2016, 03:21 AM
Roku will not work with all iptv services.
Using Roku and an iptv service, you would still have log-in and go thru the roku servers.

Lots use the Nvdia, I do believe.

That salesman is not the most well informed, or he runs a service and uses the roku servers :eek:

floder2
12-31-2016, 03:25 AM
Nvdia Shield can use any IPTV Service that works with KODI....... can't install KODI on a Roku ...but you can Stream content from Kodi with a Roku using ....free Plex client coupled with a free Plex server ....works good

torontoqueen
01-04-2017, 05:49 AM
Nvdia Shield can use any IPTV Service that works with KODI....... can't install KODI on a Roku ...but you can Stream content from Kodi with a Roku using ....free Plex client coupled with a free Plex server ....works good

Ya I'm going with Nvidia shield Pro, what does it mean PLEX?

floder2
01-04-2017, 07:12 PM
PLEX is an application........its in nvidia and many other android boxes..........you can run plex on your home computer and also on the nvidia....that way you can view all video content that is on your computer from your nvidia....

chava1996
01-29-2017, 01:32 PM
dows anyone know how to setup stalker client to work with channels in nvidia shield 16gb

floder2
01-29-2017, 02:12 PM
dows anyone know how to setup stalker client to work with channels in nvidia shield 16gb

This will explain everything you need to know................ http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?25877-kodi-on-nvidia-shield

Sandiver
01-29-2017, 02:56 PM
So I speak to a provider telling me not all Iptv services work with Nvdia? is this true, he's telling me to Get the Roku Ultra can someone tell me the difference and if this is true

he probably misspoke and reversed the devices, roku will not work with all iptv services, nvidia does.

floder2
01-29-2017, 03:36 PM
he probably misspoke and reversed the devices, roku will not work with all iptv services, nvidia does.

Unless the provider he is talking about sells and pushes the idea of Roku ........................Of course Nvidia Shield is the best way to go......................

crazy carl
04-02-2017, 01:49 PM
This are too totally different box's that offer very different content.. If he's looking for a specific server that only the roku has then he would Instinctly push that service.. There are really only two servers that the roku is capable of using compared to the 15-20 that are accessible via Kodi/middleware/stalkerware so really the shield is the better buy for content until Kodi makes its way to Roku. There is a stalker emulator floating around foe the roku but it's terrible to say the least

Munstah
04-04-2017, 10:29 PM
This are too totally different box's that offer very different content.. If he's looking for a specific server that only the roku has then he would Instinctly push that service.. There are really only two servers that the roku is capable of using compared to the 15-20 that are accessible via Kodi/middleware/stalkerware so really the shield is the better buy for content until Kodi makes its way to Roku. There is a stalker emulator floating around foe the roku but it's terrible to say the least

spot on response.