PDA

View Full Version : Update Kodi from 15.0 to 16.1

duongbun
12-30-2016, 08:31 PM
Hi,

I just loaded the new bin 363 which comes with Kodi 15.0. I'm trying to uninstall this Kodi to update to 16.1 but it seems impossible.

Does anyone know how I can update Kodi on T6? I also tried to install 16.1 from a USB but couldn't either. Got an error message about something like there's already an app with same name with conflict signature.

Hope someone knows a workaround.

Thanks in advance.

crazed 9.6
12-30-2016, 08:59 PM
can be done, but you would loose all satalitte abilities.

Check the T6 forum for info on how to do it.

Marley
12-30-2016, 09:04 PM
for me stay with what you have

duongbun
12-30-2016, 09:10 PM
can be done, but you would loose all satalitte abilities.

Check the T6 forum for info on how to do it.

That's ok with me like I said. I don't need the IKS anymore. It's useless to me, most of the time down, when it's up, only a few channels. Plus, you always have IPTV as another option.

I checked around the forum but couldn't find any guide/instruction. If you see it anywhere, could you please post me the link? I'd appreciate it.

crazed 9.6
12-30-2016, 09:17 PM
I will look into it as soon as I can :)

crazed 9.6
12-30-2016, 09:33 PM
yea, seems that the old Kodi would need to be un-installed first.
That is basically all I found as far as a tutural... but they say it will work

duongbun
12-30-2016, 10:08 PM
yea, seems that the old Kodi would need to be un-installed first.
That is basically all I found as far as a tutural... but they say it will work

Yea, in this forum and other forums, I've seen many people says it "should" be able to update Kodi but IKS will be lost, but no guide/instruction anywhere.

T6 doesn't let you uninstall the Kodi 15.0. When I go into Apps in Android Settings, I click on Kodi, the box that normally says Uninstall for other apps, it says something else on Kodi app and button is greyed out so you can't even press. The other button is Force Stop which I did but didn't help anything in terms of uninstallation.

Princess
12-30-2016, 10:14 PM
if you can download the kodi app during the install it should automatically update from old to new and you should still have all installed repositories and vid addons installed prior

duongbun
12-30-2016, 11:47 PM
if you can download the kodi app during the install it should automatically update from old to new and you should still have all installed repositories and vid addons installed prior

No, I tried downloading the 16.1 apk on an USB and install it through Apps Installer in T6. It runs then gave error about there's already an app with same name (which is Kodi) on system with conflict signature or something like that. So, cannot upgrade this way.

Anyway, I don't see an icon for Google Play Store in the T6. Does anyone know where it is? Does the box even have that or is it another restriction?