PDA

View Full Version : EPG alternative with USA, UK and MEX channels

PACh
12-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Good morning,
I used viper8690's great source code to create my own EPG adding some latin american channels. My version have channels from:
US DirectTV New York (218 channels)
UK Sky Ireland and (118 channels)
Mexico Dish (55 channels)
I am using Schedules Direct Service and I did pay for a subscription, if anybody want that I add a channel to the guide just let me know.
Donations are welcome :)
If there any bug or something is not working properly let me know and I will try to fix it, It my first time with python but i will do my best.

Enjoy!

On your stalker client:
GUIDE
Preference: Prefer XMLTV
Cache guide data: on
Cache time (hours): 48
XMLTV
Scope: Remote URL
Remote URL: http://epg.euyulio.org

EPG url: http://epg.euyulio.org

I cant attach txt files so i will paste the channel list here, I hope is ok.

PACh
12-26-2016, 01:29 PM
Latin american channels from Mexico Dish in my EPG:

H2 Latinoamerica
History en Español
Animal Planet Latinoamerica
Nat Geo Wild Latino America
National Geographic Latinoamerica
Discovery en Español
Investigation Discovery Latinoamerica
CineLatino
Fox Latinoamerica
Universal Channel America Latina
SyFy Latinoamerica
TNT Series Latinoamerica
Studio Universal
FX Latino
Warner Channel Latinoamerica
Canal Sony
E! Latinoamerica
AXN Latinoamerica
Discovery Home & Health Latinoamerica
TLC Latinoamerica
Antena 3
SPACE
MTV Latinoamerica
MTV Hits Latinoamerica
VH1 Latino Norte
Disney Channel Norte
Disney Junior Norte
Nickelodeon Latinoamerica
Nickelodeon Jr Latinoamerica
Cartoon Network Latinoamerica
Discovery Kids America Latina
Lifetime Latinoamerica
Playboy TV Latin America
Venus
Sextreme
TNT America Latina
Cinemax Latinoamerica
Film Zone
CineCanal Prime
MultiPremier
Paramount Channel Latinoamerica
HBO Latinoamerica
HBO 2 Latinoamerica
HBO Family Latinoamerica
HBO Plus Oeste
May Prime Oeste
Fox 1 Este
Fox Action Oeste
CineCanal
Fox Family
Fox Movies Latinoamerica
Fox Cinema
Fox Classics Latinomaerica
Max Up Latinoamerica
Max Prime Este

ilan
12-26-2016, 01:43 PM
Good job, PACh. I'm sure some folks will find this useful...

PACh
12-26-2016, 07:13 PM
I can't edit my post so I will just add this here

The USA guide contain 218 channels
The UK guide contain 118 channels
The Latin american guide contain 55 channels

Rock99
12-30-2016, 10:19 PM
PACh, thanks for the guide. It works greate!!!!

Great Job!!!

pendlet
01-05-2017, 12:14 AM
Works great!!
Thanks

Any chance of adding the few Canadian CH's especially the TSN sports channels.

Tim

PACh
01-06-2017, 12:45 PM
ok let me check

PACh
01-06-2017, 12:58 PM
some canadian channels added, if there any other channel that you want added let me know.

dodofta
06-19-2017, 07:43 PM
At this moment epg euyulio is not generated. Regards.

PACh
06-20-2017, 05:23 AM
I will check it later, its password related.

PACh
06-20-2017, 07:56 AM
Its fixed! :)

R2D2
12-30-2017, 03:12 PM
Pach, are you done doing this? Your last github pull was December 25th.

PACh
12-30-2017, 06:40 PM
Unfortunatly im not using these iptv provider anymore, too slow and the channels always hang, i changed provider.
I payed for the service that provides the bulk epg but it expired a week ago, if somebody wants to pay for 1 more year i can set it up again but im not paying it since i dont use it

Regards

kens
12-30-2017, 07:16 PM
Unfortunatly im not using these iptv provider anymore, too slow and the channels always hang, i changed provider.
I payed for the service that provides the bulk epg but it expired a week ago, if somebody wants to pay for 1 more year i can set it up again but im not paying it since i dont use it

Regards
PACh,
Thanks for the past Support.

Appreciated.
/kens

R2D2
12-30-2017, 07:45 PM

Regards

Thanks PACh, for the epg info all last year. Greatly appreciated.

R2D2
12-30-2017, 07:49 PM
Kens, keep up the great work as you are my primary source. I'm using schedules direct for the U.S stations...but for the life of me...I cannot pull the U.K stations not matter what I try. That's where you two gentleman come in. Thanks for everything, without you guys i'd have no listings for the U.K stations.

kens
12-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Kens, keep up the great work as you are my primary source. I'm using schedules direct for the U.S stations...but for the life of me...I cannot pull the U.K stations not matter what I try. That's where you two gentleman come in. Thanks for everything, without you guys i'd have no listings for the U.K stations.

You have to use the Schedules Direct SD-JSON service. to get outside North American listings.

I use XMLTV (Cmd line method using a config file with 2-US, 1-UK & 1_MEX source)
I also use mc2xml to grab Canadian data. (from the regular SD NA service)

....and Thanks!
/kens

expatter
12-31-2017, 03:33 AM

Schedules Direct has several providers for UK; try Sky HD.

R2D2
12-31-2017, 06:59 AM
Schedules Direct has several providers for UK; try Sky HD.

When I use SD-Json, it gives me a "Error ....... : TCP 124363R 124356H" message. I've tried everything. I said forget it. I just use my batch file for mc2xml with the standard SD command for what I've selected for the U.S and Canadian stations through schedules direct. Then I use xml merging software and combine both xml files with mine and Kens pull.

When using SD-Json does it require a certain version of windows? At this point, I tried all the helpful methods in the forums awhile back...and I'm pretty much clueless as to why SD-Json pulls fails when it tries to download and create the xml.

rgturk100
12-31-2017, 06:00 PM
Schedules Direct announced a change in their GBR lineup.

All those who pull data from Schedules Direct have to modify their code to sync with these changes...

sofaking
12-31-2017, 08:25 PM

Regards

how much is it ?

expatter
01-01-2018, 05:22 AM
When I use SD-Json, it gives me a "Error ....... : TCP 124363R 124356H" message. I've tried everything. I said forget it. I just use my batch file for mc2xml with the standard SD command for what I've selected for the U.S and Canadian stations through schedules direct. Then I use xml merging software and combine both xml files with mine and Kens pull.

When using SD-Json does it require a certain version of windows? At this point, I tried all the helpful methods in the forums awhile back...and I'm pretty much clueless as to why SD-Json pulls fails when it tries to download and create the xml.

Nah, it doesn't require a certain version of windows. SD has an announcement on their website that their downstream providers for Great Britain changed some things so they had no choice but to also make some changes. Just run the mc2xml like it's the first time and put in GB and just use the partial postal code they use as an example in the interface (SW..) and get the list of providers. I used to use BSkyB and now I use Sky HD - National (National). Just pick the provider and let it run to get the new channel IDs and simply change your batch files to reflect the new numbers/IDs.

I think the changes went into effect December 17th or something like that.

expatter
01-01-2018, 05:25 AM
how much is it ?

It cost $25 per year.

kens
01-01-2018, 09:39 PM

The JSON Sched Dir service migrated to new grabber zz_sdjson
*Info;
DESCRIPTION
This is an XMLTV grabber for the Schedules Direct
(http://www.schedulesdirect.org) JSON API.
tv_grab_zz_sdjson - Grab TV listings from Schedules Direct SD-JSON
service.
/kens

R2D2
01-01-2018, 11:03 PM
Nah, it doesn't require a certain version of windows. SD has an announcement on their website that their downstream providers for Great Britain changed some things so they had no choice but to also make some changes. Just run the mc2xml like it's the first time and put in GB and just use the partial postal code they use as an example in the interface (SW..) and get the list of providers. I used to use BSkyB and now I use Sky HD - National (National). Just pick the provider and let it run to get the new channel IDs and simply change your batch files to reflect the new numbers/IDs.

I think the changes went into effect December 17th or something like that.

Thanks Expatter...It's now working. :)

R2D2
01-01-2018, 11:03 PM
Thanks Kens...I got it to work. Thanks for the help everyone.

expatter
01-02-2018, 12:08 AM
Thanks Expatter...It's now working. :)

Cool beans! Cheers.

Joan55
01-02-2018, 05:35 PM
I'm a little confused here. What do i have to do to get a good working guide for the U.S. and UK?

ilan
01-02-2018, 05:48 PM
Here are two

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/acidjesuz/EPG/master/guide.xml

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/EPG/master/guide_kens.xml

Joan55
01-02-2018, 08:15 PM
I don't think either of those are working ilan. Can someone confirm if these are working. Not having any luck with them.

ilan
01-02-2018, 09:29 PM
I suspect they're both working. The first one is for certain, as I just loaded it.

Make sure you clear guide data, and for good measure, I would shut down and restart Kodi after adding the new URL. Remember, if you make the slightest mistake typing the URL, you'll get zilch.

nikt
01-03-2018, 02:17 AM
second one ---"kens" epg also working

kens
01-03-2018, 07:24 PM
I don't think either of those are working ilan. Can someone confirm if these are working. Not having any luck with them.

Post more info please!
What program and platform(android/pc/stb/fireTV/ etc.)?
/kens

expatter
01-04-2018, 01:26 PM
second one ---"kens" epg also working

That's really strange since kens posted a while back that his guide wasn't freely available anymore because only 2 people donated to him, so he said that only those 2 people could use it. Acid's guide is free for everyone.

Did kens change his mind?

ilan
01-04-2018, 01:42 PM
I think so... It does download. But if I were among those using it, I'd consider making a donation.

bumper
01-04-2018, 03:09 PM
I think so... It does download. But if I were among those using it, I'd consider making a donation.

Thanks Kens :)

kens
01-04-2018, 05:47 PM
Just BTW...
Received 10 donations.
This covered the Hosting Subscription and the Sched. Direct subscription costs for 1 year.

Since I cant be a pr%*k, I left the guide accessible to all (but it has a donate message in the descriptions)
Users who have or do donate, get the link to the same guide(without the support message).

I just couldn't do it!!
/kens

Joan55
01-05-2018, 01:16 AM
Post more info please!
What program and platform(android/pc/stb/fireTV/ etc.)?
/kens

Android box, fire tv and pc windows 7. When I entered your xml I didn't key in every letter and number. Instead I plugged the link in the browser and entered it. Then when it populated I saved the page as an xml and used that instead. I'm under the impression that it should work either way.

ilan
01-05-2018, 02:06 AM
I don't know what you're using to stream the channels, but if you can add the guide's URL to the client, it makes life easier. The guide will then update automatically. If you choose to download it, you'll have to keep on top of it, since guide data will expire.

Joan55
01-05-2018, 03:34 AM
I don't know what you're using to stream the channels, but if you can add the guide's URL to the client, it makes life easier. The guide will then update automatically. If you choose to download it, you'll have to keep on top of it, since guide data will expire.

I didn't think it mattered because all that same info is in the xml file. Am i missing something here?

PACh
01-05-2018, 09:15 AM
how much is it ?

its like 25$ I have no problem in update the code and put it up, I have hosting so I only need the Sch. Direct subscription, on my epg you can get us, uk, can and latin american channels.

Regards

R2D2
01-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Joan55, where are you trying to watch it through? iptv simple client in Kodi? If so, you need to input the m3u playlist that Kens created. It matches the channel names on the xml file and the github link. If you downloaded your own m3u playlist from the website, none of these xml's will work or the github links until you edit the channel names from your m3u to match the xml info. You can use notepad++ to edit the m3u.

Hope this helps.