PDA

View Full Version : update fail

dtvbandit
12-17-2016, 06:06 PM
My tv online 4k tries to install the install the newest update on reboot but goes 4/5ths of the way through as stops. Its stuck on 63XXXXX bits of 83XXXX sorry don't have exact numbers. Anyone got any ideas hot to fix this. Can I download the update to a stick perhaps? If i reboot it gets stuck again. Have done 4 or 5 reboots and hangs.

Any advice on how to fix would be appreciated.

Thanks

crazed 9.6
12-17-2016, 06:37 PM
Power the avov on , but do not open the Play option (TVOnline Option), instead do a factory reset thru the Settings -- System Info menus.
You will loose any Kodi Apps you may have entered earlier and the iptv server setup will erase too if you do this thou. You would have to set that back up again.

Or when you reboot, are you using the power switch or are you unplugging the box ?
Try unplugging the box for a full minute.
Id try that first, cause that will not loose your setups

Marley
12-17-2016, 07:14 PM
that was you internet having a hiccup do what crazed said

dtvbandit
12-17-2016, 07:40 PM
Here the update. After several attempts it finally installed. Yay not! So now whats happening is TV channels aren't loading like they use to and freezing. Also I can't update the requested simple TV ap doing the same thing. So I decided to leave the box alone for a while to see if maybe some processes are running and need to finish. If all is the same I'm going to wipe it as suggested by crazed. Thanks for your suggestions. I'll keep you posted should anyone else have a similiar problem.

Marley
12-17-2016, 07:48 PM
reboot your router before you do all this

dtvbandit
12-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Well perhaps the box was running process or perhaps rebooting my router solved the problem. I did not have to wipe my 4 k box and everything is working fine today. Channels are coming in as they should apps are installing without problems and I'm able to use the box without any freezing. Thanks to Marley and Crazed for your suggestions as your help is much appreciated.

Marley
12-18-2016, 07:15 PM
good to hear you have fine box maybe someday avov will get there chit together or not but im still happy with the speed and 4k picture